BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum MY2019 Users: Drive Recorder in Parking Assist Package on MY2020

08-15-2019, 09:25 AM   #1
FreddyBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 40i iSTEP 07/2020.54

MY2019 Users: Drive Recorder in Parking Assist Package on MY2020

How likely is that we can add this feature? Is this a software update/change only or does it need some hardware as well?

Drive Recorder
Keep track of everything. The Drive Recorder makes it possible to record a video of the vehicle's surroundings at all times and play it back on the central information display. Essential vehicle information, such as speed and GPS position, are synced with the video for even further accuracy.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 07:21 PM   #2
jokinawa
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyBMW View Post
How likely is that we can add this feature? Is this a software update/change only or does it need some hardware as well?

Drive Recorder
Keep track of everything. The Drive Recorder makes it possible to record a video of the vehicle's surroundings at all times and play it back on the central information display. Essential vehicle information, such as speed and GPS position, are synced with the video for even further accuracy.
I have seen at least 2 Drive Recorder settings while coding and both are active for my MY19 X7. I'm sure we have the hardware. I believe it needs a software update to enable. Hopefully not an FSC code.
      08-15-2019, 10:50 PM   #3
jokinawa
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 40i

Here are the settings I have seen so far

I have turned on 6DR in my FA but it doesn't seem to work which leads me to believe it requires additional software or I am missing something.
Attached Images

08-20-2019, 11:40 PM   #4
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokinawa View Post
I have turned on 6DR in my FA but it doesn't seem to work which leads me to believe it requires additional software or I am missing something.
Which ECU's did you code? Did you check Xpath?
Appreciate 0