BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum BMW X7 Quotes, Pricing and Lease Rates Thread

08-22-2019, 08:41 PM   #309
Brukes
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328ix / 2020 X7 40i

Custom built 2020 X7 40i

MSRP: $88,895
Dealer Discount: $6,655 (7.5%)
Loyalty Incentive: $1,250 (1.4%)
CCA Rebate: $1,000 (1.1%)

Net Price: $79,990 ~10% off MSRP (before taxes)

Doc fees are reasonable (NY so it’s capped @ $75)
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 09:00 PM   #310
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatordent2007 View Post
Good luck with that lol. I have a friend who is the new car sales manager at MB he laughed at me when I told him I want 8% off on a new GLS580. I was ready to order if the timing was right as we had a gls before and found it to be a really good suv. He told me for every cheapskate like me, thereÂ’s 3-4 willing to pay sticker on a new redesigned model. He even had me down for their first allocation on a 580. I think that car will be hard to get a decent discount on for a while. ItÂ’s hard to pit the x7 against it as well because although I like both vehicles, and prefer the sportier look of the x7, IÂ’ve found that the x7 styling is either loved or hated, while the Benz much more subdued look may appeal to a broader market and hence stronger sales for them, which could help those looking for a deal on the x7.
There is high demand on the 580. I get invoice on both; without delay on the 450 and 580 at the end of the year.
The issue I have with the GLS is the lack of options at the moment. No Designo or exclusive Nappa options until the end of the year at minimum and no AMG appearance package (which I like) on the 450.

Getting invoice has never been a big deal but I already have this confirmed in writing.

Personally I prefer the GLS 580 styling with the AMG appearance package/23" wheels but I have to decide if the lack of interior choices is worth the wait.

The X7 I looked at was Arctic Gray and had the Ivory White/Night Blue Full Leather Merino, captains chairs with Ash Grain Silver Gray High Gloss trim.

I really like full leather light interiors so on the BMW, the interior was the winner.
The problem I have is that all X7's in our area are pretty boring builds...
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 09:33 PM   #311
gatordent2007
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 x7 M50i

Garage List
2016 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post
There is high demand on the 580. I get invoice on both; without delay on the 450 and 580 at the end of the year.
The issue I have with the GLS is the lack of options at the moment. No Designo or exclusive Nappa options until the end of the year at minimum and no AMG appearance package (which I like) on the 450.

Getting invoice has never been a big deal but I already have this confirmed in writing.

Personally I prefer the GLS 580 styling with the AMG appearance package/23" wheels but I have to decide if the lack of interior choices is worth the wait.

The X7 I looked at was Arctic Gray and had the Ivory White/Night Blue Full Leather Merino, captains chairs with Ash Grain Silver Gray High Gloss trim.

I really like full leather light interiors so on the BMW, the interior was the winner.
The problem I have is that all X7's in our area are pretty boring builds...
Then why not just ordered one exactly like you want? It takes about a month to build one. That’s what I did as I didn’t like the choice of black/black on the 580 he offered or the timing or lack of discount.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 10:34 AM   #312
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
Quote:
Then why not just ordered one exactly like you want? It takes about a month to build one. That’s what I did as I didn’t like the choice of black/black on the 580 he offered or the timing or lack of discount.
I am contemplating that. I do like the GLS better than the X7; hence my hesitation and if the mentioned local X7 would have been 15% off, it would have been a no-brainer.
As it stands, given their MF markup response I will not use that dealer. Will shop another dealer but also look forward to actually drive a GLS.
After all, this is a new car and new engine configs...
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2019, 03:02 PM   #313
drbmw
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: x7 40i

Got 10% off MSRP + all weather mats on 2019 X7 40I
Custom order
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2019, 09:46 AM   #314
Funnysora
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ms

How abt potential deals on these X7 M50is? Are they limited production or popping out like wild rabbits?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2019, 10:19 AM   #315
760Lifan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 4xe Summit R & Trailhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnysora View Post
How abt potential deals on these X7 M50is? Are they limited production or popping out like wild rabbits?
Certainly not limited. Should be the same discount.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2019, 12:41 PM   #316
aligazi
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbmw View Post
Got 10% off MSRP + all weather mats on 2019 X7 40I
Custom order
is that before or after rebates?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2019, 02:26 PM   #317
vitaly
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnysora View Post
Nothing limited about them. They're new and not aging on dealer lots yet so that'll make it tougher to get a great deal at the moment - there's little incentive for dealers, on avg, to push them aggressively. But shop around and see where you net out.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2019, 05:05 PM   #318
drbmw
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: x7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by aligazi View Post
is that before or after rebates?
I negotiated it of my MSRP
I did not qualify for any rebates
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2019, 08:11 AM   #319
aas5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaly View Post
Nothing limited about them. They're new and not aging on dealer lots yet so that'll make it tougher to get a great deal at the moment - there's little incentive for dealers, on avg, to push them aggressively. But shop around and see where you net out.
Are you guys generally seeing better lease deals on BMWs than MBs'? I remember shopping for an x6M and GLE 550 a few years ago and the residuals, discounts, MFs, etc. were much better for BMWs. I may be looking to get x7 or GLE (?) as the release of new x5m and x6m has been delayed.
Sold: 2020 X7 M50 White Mineral with Ivory & Blue, 2017 X6M Long Beach Blue with Mugello Red, 2014 X6M Monte Carlo Blue with Mugello Red, 2011 X6 5.0 Black on Black, 2008 E350 4Matic Silver, 2006 Infiniti M45 Diamond Graphite
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2019, 02:55 PM   #320
vitaly
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aas5 View Post
Quote:
Are you guys generally seeing better lease deals on BMWs than MBs'? I remember shopping for an x6M and GLE 550 a few years ago and the residuals, discounts, MFs, etc. were much better for BMWs. I may be looking to get x7 or GLE (?) as the release of new x5m and x6m has been delayed.
I didn't shop MB personally this last time, but from what I've heard MB leases are worse than BMW, mostly around the MF being higher. Does MB offer an MSD program? If not, that's another BMW advantage.

Unless you're in love with the new GLE, I'd go for the X7. There's a healthy stock of 19s right now - I suspect dealers will play ball to move them as the 20s are landing. Or get the 20 M50i .

Where did you hear the X5M was delayed? Now *that* car will likely be fire. I also wanted to get it (coming from a 16 X5M) but ran out of lease. Back in 2016 there weren't that many around and I suspect getting a good discount on it will be tough, particularly at release.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 10:05 PM   #321
CruiseControl
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 40iM

Go here for your leasing questions.

https://forum.leasehackr.com/
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 05:25 AM   #322
kkkkant
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbmw View Post
I negotiated it of my MSRP
I did not qualify for any rebates
Could you PM me your dealer info? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 07:34 AM   #323
aas5
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I didn't shop MB personally this last time, but from what I've heard MB leases are worse than BMW, mostly around the MF being higher. Does MB offer an MSD program? If not, that's another BMW advantage.

Unless you're in love with the new GLE, I'd go for the X7. There's a healthy stock of 19s right now - I suspect dealers will play ball to move them as the 20s are landing. Or get the 20 M50i .

Where did you hear the X5M was delayed? Now *that* car will likely be fire. I also wanted to get it (coming from a 16 X5M) but ran out of lease. Back in 2016 there weren't that many around and I suspect getting a good discount on it will be tough, particularly at release.
I think MBs do offer MSDs but it's little tricky. With BMW you can buy from an out of state dealer if your state doesn't offer MSDs (like NY) and can register your car in NY. With MB, they required the car to be registered in the same state that the dealer was in (e.g. NJ) if you wanted to take advantage of the MSDs. Not sure if I was getting the wrong advice from the MB dealer and may be this is different now. Also, I keep hearing different things about the BMW's MSDs. Latest I read was that you can only get MSDs if you've had them before.

I need to test drive the new GLE. Back when I was cross shopping with x6 in 2014, I thought the 550 drove like a boat and just couldn't see myself driving it. BMW's driving dynamics are just better.

I test drove X7 M5.0 a few months ago. While not in the same ball park as my x6M as expected, I think it is a great car and would be a great lease. I am seriously considering it. My other option is an M5 but I feel like it would be difficult for me to go back to sedans after 3 x6 leases.

With respect to the delay, I initially heard that the x5m would have been out by this summer with production starting in the fall. Now I am hearing from one of the CA dealers that both x5m and x6m will be released in December. Definitely doesn't give me enough time to get it as my lease is up in February. I think you are right there won't be any deals on them until mid next year at the earliest.

As an FYI, BMW FA will extend their leases by 2 months no questions asked (up to 6 months in aggregate) or by 6 months with a production number for the new car.
Sold: 2020 X7 M50 White Mineral with Ivory & Blue, 2017 X6M Long Beach Blue with Mugello Red, 2014 X6M Monte Carlo Blue with Mugello Red, 2011 X6 5.0 Black on Black, 2008 E350 4Matic Silver, 2006 Infiniti M45 Diamond Graphite
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 09:53 PM   #324
vitaly
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aas5 View Post
Quote:

I think MBs do offer MSDs but it's little tricky. With BMW you can buy from an out of state dealer if your state doesn't offer MSDs (like NY) and can register your car in NY. With MB, they required the car to be registered in the same state that the dealer was in (e.g. NJ) if you wanted to take advantage of the MSDs. Not sure if I was getting the wrong advice from the MB dealer and may be this is different now. Also, I keep hearing different things about the BMW's MSDs. Latest I read was that you can only get MSDs if you've had them before.

I need to test drive the new GLE. Back when I was cross shopping with x6 in 2014, I thought the 550 drove like a boat and just couldn't see myself driving it. BMW's driving dynamics are just better.

I test drove X7 M5.0 a few months ago. While not in the same ball park as my x6M as expected, I think it is a great car and would be a great lease. I am seriously considering it. My other option is an M5 but I feel like it would be difficult for me to go back to sedans after 3 x6 leases.

With respect to the delay, I initially heard that the x5m would have been out by this summer with production starting in the fall. Now I am hearing from one of the CA dealers that both x5m and x6m will be released in December. Definitely doesn't give me enough time to get it as my lease is up in February. I think you are right there won't be any deals on them until mid next year at the earliest.

As an FYI, BMW FA will extend their leases by 2 months no questions asked (up to 6 months in aggregate) or by 6 months with a production number for the new car.
Hmm, I've never heard that you need to be a prior MSD user to get them again. Seems a bit strange - I'd double check that.

As for BMWFS lease extensions, yeah - I ended up getting a 3 month courtesy, of which I used up 2. I heard the same Dec timeline for the new X5M, so knew I wouldn't make it. That said, and to your point about the M5, that's exactly what I ended up getting into. Spent some time hunting for a good deal, and eventually found a bit of a unicorn deal on it. Had similar reservations about moving to a sedan and losing some of the "utility" of an SUV, but no issues - it's a great car.

I considered the X7 50i as well but wasn't in love with the idea and dealers weren't really dealing on them at the time (did have one offer an 11% discount off a $108k sticker back in June, but it wasn't quite the build I wanted).

If your lease is up in Feb, you may have time to stretch into X5/6M availability with the extension. Deals will be scant, as mentioned, but you might find an opportune dealer if you search hard enough .
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 11:36 AM   #325
zmm12345
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x7 and 330i

Does anyone have the new numbers for Sept?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 12:22 PM   #326
aas5
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Hmm, I've never heard that you need to be a prior MSD user to get them again. Seems a bit strange - I'd double check that.

As for BMWFS lease extensions, yeah - I ended up getting a 3 month courtesy, of which I used up 2. I heard the same Dec timeline for the new X5M, so knew I wouldn't make it. That said, and to your point about the M5, that's exactly what I ended up getting into. Spent some time hunting for a good deal, and eventually found a bit of a unicorn deal on it. Had similar reservations about moving to a sedan and losing some of the "utility" of an SUV, but no issues - it's a great car.

I considered the X7 50i as well but wasn't in love with the idea and dealers weren't really dealing on them at the time (did have one offer an 11% discount off a $108k sticker back in June, but it wasn't quite the build I wanted).

If your lease is up in Feb, you may have time to stretch into X5/6M availability with the extension. Deals will be scant, as mentioned, but you might find an opportune dealer if you search hard enough .
Thanks Vitaly, very helpful. I will check out the M5. I am sure it's a great car just not sure if it's perfect for being the family car. FWIW, I was at the Nurburgring with an M4 last year at a private BMW event and there was another group with M5s. M5s looked very solid on the race track and were significantly faster than us, especially in the rain.

I don't mind waiting for the new x5M just worried that there won't be aby decent deals on them by mid next year.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 01:39 PM   #327
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Updated with September program rates.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 02:21 PM   #328
gatordent2007
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
What in the hell happened to cause a huge residual change like that??
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 03:23 PM   #329
760Lifan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 4xe Summit R & Trailhawk

Quote:
What in the hell happened to cause a huge residual change like that??
They are pushing the remaining MY19s right now. If you go to autotrader, there are still many out there. Once they are gone, deals on MY20 will get better.

At least that's what I would think.

Residuals are one thing - but what about the MF? We would need to see that as well to evaluate...
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 04:33 PM   #330
gatordent2007
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
It’s honestly so bad I’m considering walking away. They’re now telling me mf is .00168. I could’ve signed for this thing a week ago with a mf of ..00145 and 58 percent residual.
Appreciate 0