BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Inconsistency between MY2022 ordering guide and BMW USA Press Release

08-16-2021, 05:54 PM   #1
lazybruin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: safe

Inconsistency between MY2022 ordering guide and BMW USA Press Release

Hello X7 enthusiasts! Since I have noticed a couple of inconsistencies between the MY2022 ordering guide and the press release from BMW USA (attached below), I figured I can summarize them for y'all below so you can be aware while placing order or to verify when you pick up your vehicle.

1) Electric Shades vs Manual Shades

a) M50i confirmed to have electric shades by default
b) Inconsistencies on whether there will be electric shades with 40i. Ordering Guide is saying that it comes with Premium Package, while Press Release from BMW USA is saying that it only comes with Executive Package.
c) Recent pick-up from fellow member confirmed that it came with electric shades, but from press release it looks like manual shades still exist. I bought the Premium Package for a MY2022 40i and can confirm as well in a few weeks.

2) Dynamic Handling Package / Integral Active Steering

a) Although both ordering guide and press release are saying that DHP and IAS have been removed for 40i, the option remains available on the BMW USA "Build your own" website.

Please feel free to add to this thread as you observe other inconsistencies or maybe report back on your production/delivery experience as you go so we can verify info for other members.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2022_BMW_Model_Year_Update_Guide_v2.pdf (280.1 KB, 58 views)
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 07:27 PM   #2
Delrazdan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22X540i (ArcGre), 24X760i CBM

You can’t trust the build on bmw website because technically u r building a 2021 not my22. So yes ias etc options still exist but on paper or on this case virtual web paper.

Are you getting a 21 or 22?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2021, 12:11 AM   #3
lazybruin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delrazdan View Post
You can’t trust the build on bmw website because technically u r building a 2021 not my22. So yes ias etc options still exist but on paper or on this case virtual web paper.

Are you getting a 21 or 22?
Right, I guess what I'm trying to point out is some folks believe that the MY2021 build on the website now will remain unchanged for MY2022. And I think that's not true based on the ordering guide as well as the press release.
Appreciate 0