BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum BMW Trade Assist

Yesterday, 09:52 PM   #1
SHARMAATL
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X7 M60i

BMW Trade Assist

Can anyone provide any insight into the BMW Trade Assist program? It was mentioned on the other thread about the brake recall issue going on.

Long story short, the brake system failed on my X7 just over 3 weeks ago while my pregnant wife and I were on the way back from the hospital after an ultrasound. To say I was panicked seeing the brake system fail notification on the screen would be an understatement! Thankfully, the parking brake worked and we were at a low enough speed close to our house.

It has been with the dealer here in Atlanta for 3 straight weeks now, no fix in sight, and the service advisor says they've involved their manager but no fix is approved by BMW yet.

I spoke to a rep at BMW NA and have a case opened with them.

Can anyone let me know how Trade Assist works? I got the X7 in Oct 2023, and I think I'm about 10k underwater on it given depreciation. Will BMW just pay what I owe, pay the current market value as if I'm trading using KBB/Black book values, or something else?

Thank you in advance.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:17 AM   #2
blutob2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X7 40i

Not sure on BMW but I've dealt with both Nissan and Hyundai on lemons. I used BBB for both after failing to resolve the issue directly with the manufacturer. Once I rolled in BBB to help, I was able to resolve both cases. For the Nissan, I was given a brand new model (2 yrs newer) and kept my existing loan. It was literally an even swap. For the Hyundai, they offered a buyback and it was essentially what I paid for the car + the add ons such as tint, PPF and powder coating wheels. However, I was also able to negotiate a cash settlement so took that instead and kept the car and later traded it in for the X7. It was not a safety or mechanical issue.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:49 AM   #3
jphcbpa
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i & 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARMAATL View Post
Can anyone provide any insight into the BMW Trade Assist program? It was mentioned on the other thread about the brake recall issue going on.

Long story short, the brake system failed on my X7 just over 3 weeks ago while my pregnant wife and I were on the way back from the hospital after an ultrasound. To say I was panicked seeing the brake system fail notification on the screen would be an understatement! Thankfully, the parking brake worked and we were at a low enough speed close to our house.

It has been with the dealer here in Atlanta for 3 straight weeks now, no fix in sight, and the service advisor says they've involved their manager but no fix is approved by BMW yet.

I spoke to a rep at BMW NA and have a case opened with them.

Can anyone let me know how Trade Assist works? I got the X7 in Oct 2023, and I think I'm about 10k underwater on it given depreciation. Will BMW just pay what I owe, pay the current market value as if I'm trading using KBB/Black book values, or something else?

Thank you in advance.
My limited understanding is they give you a good number on your current vehicle as a trade in and put you in a new bmw. being that you are 10K under, that might help you get out of it better. I think the vehicle has to be in the shop for 30 consecutive days or 30 days total for the same issue (if it goes back in the shop). I am not sure if you initiate the trade assist with BMWNA or your local dealer.
Appreciate 0