F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > M Performance Suspension for xDrive models - due 2016
proTUNING Freaks

07-05-2016, 05:25 PM   #23
Big Nodge
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340xi 6MT

Thanks for the update. Aftermarket it is.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2017, 04:15 PM   #24
RedKloud
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Anyone put the M performance springs on an xDrive with stock shocks?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2017, 09:57 AM   #25
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm56d7b View Post
M Performance suspension for non xDrive vehicles costs at least as much KW coilovers. If BMW does offer M Performance suspension for xDrive vehicles, the cost is likely to be at least the same. Why not consider coilovers from KW or Bilstein?
It may be similar in price to a KW V1 Variant. There are disadvantages to a coilover design if you are not tracking the car. For example, when your struts are worn out, you can just replace them in the M Performance Suspension kit. If you have coilovers, you'll have to send them in to be rebuilt which translates into significant downtime which may not be possible for a daily driver.

Also, I doubt your less expensive coilovers are significantly better than the M Performance Suspension. The setup for the M Performance Suspension kit is similar to the higher end coilovers such as AST and Ohlins R&T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger1976 View Post
After a long wait, I received this answer from BMW:

Good morning Nick

Thanks again for your emails and calls about the M Performance springs or suspension kits for the xDrive models. I’m sorry for the length of time it’s taken to get an answer to your enquiry. I can understand your concern.

I’ve finished looking into the issue for you. After ongoing product testing and evaluation some technical issues have been found with this product. So a decision has been made not to launch it, as it would be too expensive to bring to market.

I realise this isn’t the response you hoped for. But if there’s anything else I can help you with, please get back in touch.

Kind regards

Leigh

BMW Group
United Kingdom
Leigh Drummond
Customer Service Executive
Customer Service
Summit ONE,
Summit Avenue,
Farnborough,
Hampshire,
GU14 0FB
Tel: +44 (0) 370 5050 160
Email: customer.service@bmw.co.uk
URL: www.bmw.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Nodge View Post
Thanks for the update. Aftermarket it is.
I'm interesting in knowing what the technical issues were and if any aftermarket kits have addressed those issues.
Appreciate 0