BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum "That's basically car mom blue"

05-28-2021, 02:55 PM   #1
hudsonX
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '21 X7 40i

"That's basically car mom blue"

I just picked up my 40i this past Monday - totally on cloud nine - and in looking for online reviews / tutorials to help me get acclimated, I saw this "Car Mom" review. I actually found it pretty entertaining and a different perspective from the typical review, so thought I would share.

I have to admit though, it was a gut punch to hear her say (at 16:52) "that's basically car mom blue" when she was looking at Phytonic Blue, which is of course what I got

Appreciate 0
      05-28-2021, 03:02 PM   #2
BMWBear
Ultimate Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudsonX View Post
I just picked up my 40i this past Monday - totally on cloud nine - and in looking for online reviews / tutorials to help me get acclimated, I saw this "Car Mom" review. I actually found it pretty entertaining and a different perspective from the typical review, so thought I would share.

I have to admit though, it was a gut punch to hear her say (at 16:52) "that's basically car mom blue" when she was looking at Phytonic Blue, which is of course what I got

I didn’t watch it but my guess is she’s deflecting from soccer mom white. I mean she has a white car and the video is titled “car mom”. Everyone is trying to make money off of YouTube reviewing things they have no business reviewing. People like this aren’t worth the click.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2021, 10:38 PM   #3
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep
Drives: G07, F97, F30, E90, E46, E30

I think she did a really decent job reviewing the vehicle. I would be shocked if a majority of x7 drivers weren't females, so kudos to her cashing in on YT and offering her perspective. I enjoyed it way more than watching Doug..lol
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2021, 11:28 PM   #4
icemanjs4
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i ZHP

We've been watching her for a while. It's actually nice to get a perspective about what a car's like from a parent's perspective, especially since a good portion of X7 (and similar class) buyers are looking for a family hauling vehicle. I love her concept.

That said, she's super dramatic about things - and there are clearly things in this video that she just doesn't understand "I guess the scene modes are just an easy way to roll up the sunshades"... But she tries.
Appreciate 1
dmanb2b2124.50
      05-29-2021, 04:45 AM   #5
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Review was decent. Have to remember that many different demographics look for information on stuff they buy. She's not a reviewer for this forum, which is largely dominated by car enthusiasts, the majority being male.

Some soccer moms look for info on cars to buy, and don't care about horsepower or driving dynamics. They like hearing from another mom. To her credit, she was pretty accurate with her info.

Perhaps the most telling part of the video, watch from 10:30 to 12:00. As someone that would be a potential buyer of the vehicle, she shows exactly how the average potential X7 buyer understands the seat operation. "What button to I press? What does this button do? Do I just press, or press and hold? I pushed it, why didn't anything happen? Why is it so freaking slow?"

BMW needs to make large improvements on seat operation.
And road trip journal to Denali and the Arctic Circle here in this thread!
Appreciate 3