BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Looks like DHP is once again unavailable

04-18-2022, 10:44 AM   #23
Greg-BimmerX7
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW x7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkNinja400Guy View Post
Unfortunately when you filter down to "actually has a paint *color* instead of being black/white/gray (), and not black leather" there's barely anything left.

I just looked through all 21 listings on Autotrader... only a few of them had DHP and DAPP and Merino leather, and the ones that did were like $95k with 45k miles on them. Which is a bit ridiculous. Also literally all 21 of those were Tanzanite Blue which is basically black most of the time. Not a single Phytonic Blue. There was one other one in Manhattan Green; that was over $100k and didn't have DHP.
You are probably talking about Carbon Black.

Tanzanite Blue is blue and there is absolutely no ambiguity of that.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2022, 10:45 AM   #24
itiongo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerdoc2020 View Post
If you want to go ghetto.
Ghetto, but far superior to B&W.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2022, 11:53 AM   #25
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by itiongo View Post
Ghetto, but far superior to B&W.
Not even close. I do this for a living with a Masters in acoustic engineering. The sound stage in the B&W is outstanding and so is the Frequency response when adjusted correctly. There is no Bass deficiencies.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2022, 09:35 PM   #26
itiongo
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
Not even close. I do this for a living with a Masters in acoustic engineering. The sound stage in the B&W is outstanding and so is the Frequency response when adjusted correctly. There is no Bass deficiencies.
True, but to everyone else who is not an audiophile, the bass is what makes and breaks a sound system. For example, I can barely tell the difference from a $10k home theater sound system verses a $100k system. The biggest difference that anyone can hear is the bass. Since the B&W lacks bass, 90% of people will say the sound system sucks.
Appreciate 1
1230vani652.50
      04-19-2022, 08:29 AM   #27
bradythedog12
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i, 2014 X6 50i

I respectfully disagree. Even using SiriusXM and playing Hair Nation, I get plenty of bass with my B&W and it’s pretty clean for such a crappy source with crappily produced music. lol.

But when I using Tidal with a good master track, think Aja… WOW!!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 01:40 PM   #28
itiongo
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradythedog12 View Post
I respectfully disagree. Even using SiriusXM and playing Hair Nation, I get plenty of bass with my B&W and it’s pretty clean for such a crappy source with crappily produced music. lol.

But when I using Tidal with a good master track, think Aja… WOW!!
Strong enough to vibrate your front windshield(without the acoustics destroying your ear drums)? Bass is a touchy subject. However, I would have to say having more access to strong Bass is never a bad idea. You can always tune it down.
Appreciate 0