BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Changing X7 black grille to chrome grill....

02-22-2022, 08:29 PM   #23
AussieX7
Australia
Rep
Drives: X7 30d Phytonic Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by West01 View Post
Love all those looks. Beautiful machine
You are up early you must be excited
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2022, 08:43 PM   #24
serpentine
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3M

I had a front end collision. The collision center replaced with the wrong air flaps (louvers). I don’t dislike the look. Their excuse and my issues with the process are a different story.

Showing you another option should you want to change your look. Changing the flaps is a bit more involved and requires removal of the bumper.

Name:  86010F16-7528-4AF2-9691-0A41C7B8836F.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  658.9 KB
Appreciate 2
Surgx572.50
      02-23-2022, 02:12 AM   #25
West01
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Name:  Screenshot_20220223-191302_Gallery.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  77.1 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieX7 View Post
You are up early you must be excited
Lol, yes. Very happy with my new ride.
An insane upgrade from the X5 in every way . Love it
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2022, 02:14 AM   #26
West01
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentine View Post
I had a front end collision. The collision center replaced with the wrong air flaps (louvers). I don’t dislike the look. Their excuse and my issues with the process are a different story.

Showing you another option should you want to change your look. Changing the flaps is a bit more involved and requires removal of the bumper.

Attachment 2819397
Looks great!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2022, 02:21 AM   #27
AussieX7
Australia
Rep
Drives: X7 30d Phytonic Blue

Quote:
Attachment 2819498

nice congrats.

They sure are a nice thing

enjoy
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2022, 07:03 AM   #28
Mobydic
Rep
Drives: BMW x7

Quote:
https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...mentid=2819498

Nice man congrats.. just wondering how long did you wait to receive the car... I ordered a m50 in Jan built in 01 Feb and it still hasnt shipped yet nore does it have a ship assigned I ordered it based on the sales guy saying it would be here by mid March but now it's end of April which I doubt as well as most of the ships arriving in April has already departments from Bremer starting to get real annoyed and thinking about cancelling the order when allowed
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2022, 12:38 PM   #29
West01
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobydic View Post
Nice man congrats.. just wondering how long did you wait to receive the car... I ordered a m50 in Jan built in 01 Feb and it still hasnt shipped yet nore does it have a ship assigned I ordered it based on the sales guy saying it would be here by mid March but now it's end of April which I doubt as well as most of the ships arriving in April has already departments from Bremer starting to get real annoyed and thinking about cancelling the order when allowed
Congratulations on your new order. I guess I got lucky that I found one with all my specs at a Sydney dealer (minus the chrome grill obviously &#129315 so I didn't have to wait at all. I'm pretty sure I would have ended up in a GLS if I had to wait months on end for the X7. I am sorry your waiting but I can promise you this car is superior in every way and you'll be glad you waited. What colour and specs did you go with?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2022, 03:27 PM   #30
Mobydic
Rep
Drives: BMW x7

Quote:
Quote:
Congratulations on your new order. I guess I got lucky that I found one with all my specs at a Sydney dealer (minus the chrome grill obviously &#129315 so I didn't have to wait at all. I'm pretty sure I would have ended up in a GLS if I had to wait months on end for the X7. I am sorry your waiting but I can promise you this car is superior in every way and you'll be glad you waited. What colour and specs did you go with?

Funny you say GLS I got the BMW because GLS arrival was late April.. and was told this one would be March.

I got white colour with all the options except the tow hitch and extended contents black grill etcs I preferd the cerum Gray that comes with the m50i

Did you get the m50i? If not Im assuming you got the x30d from Sydney BMW then as when my sales guy told me it was going to be end of April I actually told him to give me the x30d they had in stock which had the black grill etc but then whoala it was sold I think 2 weekend ago or so
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2022, 02:30 AM   #31
West01
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Funny you say GLS I got the BMW because GLS arrival was late April.. and was told this one would be March.

I got white colour with all the options except the tow hitch and extended contents black grill etcs I preferd the cerum Gray that comes with the m50i

Did you get the m50i? If not Im assuming you got the x30d from Sydney BMW then as when my sales guy told me it was going to be end of April I actually told him to give me the x30d they had in stock which had the black grill etc but then whoala it was sold I think 2 weekend ago or so
Love the grey grille, great choice.

Yes I got the 30d from Sydney. Only got it this week. I'm really glad I went with the x7
So beautiful to drive and so many features..... not the massage seats but I'll manage 😆

The 50i will be an incredible ride and we'll with the wait for sure
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2022, 08:16 AM   #32
Wanderer73
Major
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i

If you search on this forum, you should find several posts where owners have detailed the process with pictures. You could also go cerium to bring cohesion with the wheels. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 05:30 PM   #33
X7Chick
Registered
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2022 X7

How did you go with the swap out? I too have an X7 on order with a black grill, interested in how it may look with the chrome change - any pics with update?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 05:33 PM   #34
X7Chick
Registered
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x7bmw23 View Post
I have both grilles and just pop out the inside and switch it up. With this approach, I have four different options to choose from
All black
All chrome
Black surround with light inserts-personal favorite
Chrome surround with black inserts
How did you get so many variants for the grill and where from please?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 05:34 PM   #35
X7Chick
Registered
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Taking delivery tomorrow of my new X7 in mineral white with M sport.

It comes with a black grille but I really prefer the look of the chrome , it seems more cohesive to me. It seems this may be an unpopular opinion since many seem to preference the black. I digress....

Has anyone had any issues changing their grille? YouTube makes it look very easy.

Thanks all
looks great, cant wait for mine to arrive!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 05:37 PM   #36
x7bmw23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X7 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by X7Chick View Post
Quote:
I have both grilles and just pop out the inside and switch it up. With this approach, I have four different options to choose from
All black
All chrome
How did you get so many variants for the grill and where from please?
Found the chrome grille on eBay for about $100. Then you just take your entire all black grille off and pop out the insert slats. There are some clips that hold the inner grille in that pop out. Do the same with the chrome grille and then just swap out the black trim with chrome slats and the chrome trim with black inserts.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 09:38 PM   #37
Staszek
Schumacher
Rep
Drives: E30 325is,E93 M3,X7M50,F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
All black
All chrome
Thats my favorite too black surrounds with chrome centers. I will probably do that on mine.