BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Looks like DHP is once again unavailable

04-14-2022, 09:03 PM   #1
PinkNinja400Guy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 X7 M50

Angry Looks like DHP is once again unavailable

EDIT: This is incorrect, they were able to get DHP into the build the next day. There doesn't seem to be any way to edit the title.

I just placed an order for a 2022 X7 m50 with a build slot in week 21 (week beginning May 22). Dealer got back to me a few hours later saying that the Dynamic Handling Package is not available. It's missing from the Vehicle Inquiry Report (currently the status is 111).

Darn covid supply chain issues striking again :(

Combined with all the other shady/secretive decontenting that the BMW bean counters have done, it's making me seriously reconsider getting an X7. (no rear puddle lights, no rear wood trim, non-glass volume knob, cloth sunroof cover and cloth cargo cover even with Full Merino leather).

Last edited by PinkNinja400Guy; 04-15-2022 at 01:19 PM..
Appreciate 1
itiongo79.00
      04-14-2022, 09:26 PM   #2
itiongo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7

Buy used. Plenty of good used options.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 09:37 PM   #3
Tr4ckD4ys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 X7 M50i / TBii / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkNinja400Guy View Post
I just placed an order for a 2022 X7 m50 with a build slot in week 21 (week beginning May 22). Dealer got back to me a few hours later saying that the Dynamic Handling Package is not available. It's missing from the Vehicle Inquiry Report (currently the status is 111).

Darn covid supply chain issues striking again

Combined with all the other shady/secretive decontenting that the BMW bean counters have done, it's making me seriously reconsider getting an X7. (no rear puddle lights, no rear wood trim, non-glass volume knob, cloth sunroof cover and cloth cargo cover even with Full Merino leather).
I agree with you. Losing DHP on the top of the line Non-Alpina trim is unacceptable. I would not take delivery and push the dealer for a different allocation once it's available again or buy used/off lot. While the other items are not worthy of BMW to have deleted from the X7, they certainly aren't something you'd recognize on a day to day basis!
      04-14-2022, 10:38 PM   #4
PinkNinja400Guy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by itiongo View Post
Unfortunately when you filter down to "actually has a paint *color* instead of being black/white/gray (), and not black leather" there's barely anything left.

I just looked through all 21 listings on Autotrader... only a few of them had DHP and DAPP and Merino leather, and the ones that did were like $95k with 45k miles on them. Which is a bit ridiculous. Also literally all 21 of those were Tanzanite Blue which is basically black most of the time. Not a single Phytonic Blue. There was one other one in Manhattan Green; that was over $100k and didn't have DHP.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 11:20 PM   #5
JoeyDDD0919
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 X7 40i

Quote:
Unfortunately when you filter down to "actually has a paint *color* instead of being black/white/gray (), and not black leather" there's barely anything left.

I just looked through all 21 listings on Autotrader... only a few of them had DHP and DAPP and Merino leather, and the ones that did were like $95k with 45k miles on them. Which is a bit ridiculous. Also literally all 21 of those were Tanzanite Blue which is basically black most of the time. Not a single Phytonic Blue. There was one other one in Manhattan Green; that was over $100k and didn't have DHP.
Hmmm? Looks like Manhattan Green is rare option to have?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 11:21 PM   #6
Tr4ckD4ys
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Excuse me, sir, but Tanzanite Blue is an exquisite color that is not too often seen on the road, even in the X7-soaked city that Chicago is.
Wild Blue3683.50
      04-14-2022, 11:34 PM   #7
PinkNinja400Guy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyDDD0919 View Post
Hmmm? Looks like Manhattan Green is rare option to have?
Yeah, my salesman also mentioned that he hasn't seen a single green X7 and that my order would be really unique. Though I'm considering moving to Phytonic Blue, if I do go with the X7. Not sure yet.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 11:36 PM   #8
JoeyDDD0919
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr4ckD4ys View Post
Excuse me, sir, but Tanzanite Blue is an exquisite color that is not too often seen on the road, even in the X7-soaked city that Chicago is.
To hard to keep clean!
Appreciate 2
      04-15-2022, 06:02 AM   #9
Tr4ckD4ys
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyDDD0919 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr4ckD4ys View Post
To hard to keep clean!
Your Toyota Prius is too hard to keep clean! Or whatever you're driving until your X7 arrives.
Alright let's not go there - no stupid jokes.

It certainly does require frequent washing, which I like anyway because it keeps it shiny. But either way it is not a "black" or "grey" type color in any way. I demand and deserve to feel deeply special for paying $2k for this exquisite color over the 0$ Phytonic Blue option.
      04-15-2022, 06:33 AM   #10
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, no. TB II is not black… you are mixing it up with Carbon Black which is black with blue in it. TB II is blue with black in it very different.

I've owned TB II and Carbon Black and black sapphire so speaking from experience.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2022, 06:55 AM   #11
itiongo
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Tanzanite Blue is hard to keep clean, as all other dark colors. On a different note, am I the only person who uses autotempest.com and cargurus.com to find vehicles?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2022, 07:01 AM   #12
Tr4ckD4ys
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Tanzanite Blue is hard to keep clean, as all other dark colors. On a different note, am I the only person who uses autotempest.com and cargurus.com to find vehicles?
Yes. And no. The market has become very diverse in the past 5 years. If you want a full picture of inventory you have to by now look on:
- cars.com
- autotrader.com
- carwow.com
- carmax
- carvana
- cargurus
- autotempest

It's gotten a bit crazy. I still feel though like cars.com and autotrader is the largest sites for dealer posted vehicles.
      04-15-2022, 07:19 AM   #13
itiongo
Second Lieutenant
Rep

https://bit.ly/37XKlhy

https://bit.ly/36fyZom

I usually check cargurus first, since it is free to list. Autotempest will grab from a few major sites, and then autotrader last.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2022, 11:41 AM   #14
PinkNinja400Guy
Captain
United_States
Rep

My salesman just got back to me this morning... looks like they were able to add it again. It was a bug in the system or something like that.

As for the other issues:
- The non-glass volume knob is easily fixable with aftermarket part, it's around $40 iirc?
- If it does come with a cloth sunshade cover, the Alcantara OEM part is $650 and I can install that too - it should only require dropping the headliner which is doable with a friend. Or I might be able to get them to fix this under warranty in the future which would be better than paying $700 out of my own pocket to fix BMW's cost cutting.
- If it does come with a cloth cargo cover - I'm planning on storing this away and never using it, so whatever. Still disappointing that BMW would do this.
- 3rd row trim not being wood - I'm never going to use the third row. Still disappointing; maybe I can convince them to fix it under warranty?
- Apparently the rear door panel molds don't even have the slots for puddle lights anymore, but I should be able to hack in some lights with a bit of DIY work.
- And the only other issue is not having the B&W sound system option... but it's also $3.5k, and the H/K audio should be good enough. I probably would have spent the money on it, but I'm also fine with getting the H/K system and keeping an extra $3500 in my pocket.

Not ideal, but now that DHP is back it once again puts the X7 back ahead of my second choice vehicle.

Last edited by PinkNinja400Guy; 04-15-2022 at 11:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2022, 01:00 PM   #15
Tr4ckD4ys
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
My salesman just got back to me this morning... looks like they were able to add it again. It was a bug in the system or something like that.

As for the other issues:
- The non-glass volume knob is easily fixable with aftermarket part, it's around $40 iirc?
- If it does come with a cloth sunshade cover, the Alcantara OEM part is $650 and I can install that too - it should only require dropping the headliner which is doable with a friend. Or I might be able to get them to fix this under warranty in the future which would be better than paying $700 out of my own pocket to fix BMW's cost cutting.
- If it does come with a cloth cargo cover - I'm planning on storing this away and never using it, so whatever. Still disappointing that BMW would do this.
- 3rd row trim not being wood - I'm never going to use the third row. Still disappointing; maybe I can convince them to fix it under warranty?
- Apparently the rear door panel molds don't even have the slots for puddle lights anymore, but I should be able to hack in some lights with a bit of DIY work.
- And the only other issue is not having the B&W sound system option... but it's also $3.5k, and the H/K audio should be good enough. I probably would have spent the money on it, but I'm also fine with getting the H/K system and keeping an extra $3500 in my pocket.

Not ideal, but now that DHP is back it once again puts the X7 back ahead of my second choice vehicle.
Couple points:
- The cloth/alcantara things are annoying but not a dealbreaker, was same for me.
- The trim panels you an prob push your dealer, others have been succesful
- Glass volume know is a 10min at home install and can even be had for less than 40$
- Not familiar with the puddle lights since I see a ton of light thrown on the floor at night that makes me wonder if I have them or don't need them?

The biggest piece ov what you said though is the B&W system. Yes, it cannot be added unfortunately BUT if I were to do it all over again I would absolutely not take the HK system. While it can be tuned (see my other post) it is just plainly speaking not a quality system. I'd rather have got the Base Hifi and immediately do one of the plugnplay upgrades with Bavsound or AlphaOne which both sound much better than the HK. So if you can get B&W, it is 100% worth the cost. If not, I would advise against HK.
      04-15-2022, 01:05 PM   #16
JoeyDDD0919
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

As for the other issues:

All the things were standard on MY20 before COVID I think.

For the H/K you need to add the option for an additional $875. So you are keeping $2625 in your pocket. The option is not shown on the website but your CA should be able to add to a build, if you are building one.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2022, 01:06 PM   #17
PinkNinja400Guy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the tips. H/K is currently standard on the M50 and I don't think we can downgrade to HiFi. I'll ask about that and probably spend some money on upgrades once I get the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2022, 08:20 PM   #18
itiongo
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Save your money on on the B&W. You can go to a sound shop that could probably rig something up for $2500 that would blow away the B&W sound system.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2022, 10:05 PM   #19
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Save your money on on the B&W. You can go to a sound shop that could probably rig something up for $2500 that would blow away the B&W sound system.
Absolutely no way. Not even close would that be possible.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2022, 11:01 PM   #20
JoeyDDD0919
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
just the Bavsoud/Bimmertech combo speakers + AMP is already $2200+. That's without labor...

And they are not the best speakers, just easier to install
Appreciate 1
dmanb2b2124.50
      04-17-2022, 04:40 PM   #21
itiongo
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
I would change just the main 4 speakers on the 4 doors, then add a subwoofer and amp in the rear and call it good. Enough bass to put B&W to shame.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2022, 08:58 PM   #22
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
I would change just the main 4 speakers on the 4 doors, then add a subwoofer and amp in the rear and call it good. Enough bass to put B&W to shame.
If you want to go ghetto.
Appreciate 1
dmanb2b2124.50