BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum 2020 X7 M50i - Left side center console buttons not working

04-06-2024, 08:52 PM   #1
wmiley99
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 M50i

2020 X7 M50i - Left side center console buttons not working

About 3 weeks ago, I noticed the auto start/stop and drive mode buttons weren’t working. When I pressed them, there was no haptic feedback and nothing happened as a result of me pushing the button. I stopped to get gas, and when I started up again all the buttons worked fine… so I assumed it was a one off thing.

Fast forward to yesterday, I noticed the same situation in not being able to change to different drive modes or disable the auto start/stop. All the buttons on the left side of the console are not working. I have tried to reset the console by holding the volume button in for around 90 seconds. Unfortunately that didn’t solve the problem. I have used the car about 5 times now at seperate times and continuing to have the issue.

Has anyone else encountered this? What did you end up doing to get it fixed?

Hoping for some direction on a few things I can try myself before taking to BMW as I am no longer under waranty.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0