BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Help me decide color combinations...

12-23-2019, 02:14 PM   #1
robininni
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X535d (sold)

Help me decide color combinations...

First I was going to go with Carbon Black but I scared myself away becuase it sounds like it is hard to keep looking its best and honestly, I don't wash my autos hardly ever. So, I also really like the white colors and so I decided I want to do Mineral White Metallic because it looks great and should be easier to keep looking good even without frequent car washes.

I always wanted Ivory White interior. What I am having trouble with is whether to do the Alcantara in matching white or leave it black.

With Mineral White Metallic, I like the exterior trim pieces in the Cerium Grey rather than the black color of the extended shadowline option. With any other exterior color but white, I would prefer the extended shadowline option. This leads me to wheels...

I was going to go with the 21" for better durability, ride, and ability to use in winter weather (don't get too much of that here in North Texas really) but I really like the 22" size (V-spoke only). Now that I am going with a Mineral White Metallic exterior color with the Cerium Grey exterior trim accents, I realized that the 21" wheels don't match this Cerium Grey but the 22" do. So I am thinking I should do the 22" with the exterior being white if I do the Cerium Grey trim accents.

As I said, I'm not too much for the extended shadowline trim on white, but I did realize this makes the 21" wheels not stick out as an odd finish since the extended shadowline trim gets rid of all the Cerium Grey trim accents that seem to clash with the bi-color Orbit Grey of the 21" wheels.

Whew!!

What should I do!?

I am leaning toward Mineral White Metallic, the Cerium Grey exterior trim accents, Ivory interior with black Alcantera, and 22" Cerium Grey wheels (V-spoke).

Would doing the Alcantera in white too be too much of a good thing? White exterior, white seats, white headliner?

Anyone like the extended shadowline trim on white?

Will I be fine with the 22" wheels and performance tires as long as the roads are not icy? Is there a temperature range where they don't work well regardless of frozen precipitation? Do they work fine in rain?

I really like the beefier look of the 22" wheels but I am sort of bothered to pass on the utility of the 21" wheels and all season tires--but I want my new X7 m50i to match up and look the best it can from both the interior and exterior and the wheels definitely figure into this in my mind.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 03:21 PM   #2
760Lifan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 4xe Summit R & Trailhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by robininni View Post
Would doing the Alcantera in white too be too much of a good thing? White exterior, white seats, white headliner?

Anyone like the extended shadowline trim on white?

As you can see in my signature, I treated myself with the 'good thing' and I even topped it with the mentioned ivory headliner and added the piano black trim. I went with an overall white theme with black accents.

As you pointed out, when opting for the extended shadowline trim - which, IMO, looks great on white - the cerium wheels might not be the perfect match. That's why I picked the optional 22" individual wheels since there is no wheel option with a black paint on the M50i which would have been perfect (see 40i). Granted, the individual wheels aren't black but at least they are painted darker on the inside than cerium.

So this is the exact exterior I ordered:

Gone: 2020 X7 M50i, Mineral White, Ivory White Full Merino, Piano Black Trim, Cold Weather, Dynamic Handling, Driving Assistance, Luxury Seating, Executive, 22" Y-Spoke Orbit Grey Wheels Style 758i, Space Saver Spare, Trailer Hitch, Leather Dash, Ambient Air, Bowers & Wilkins, Rear Entertainment, Night Vision, Extended Shadowline, Alcantara Headliner in Upholstery Color.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 03:37 PM   #3
FishOuttaWater
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 X7 40i/'20 F-350/21 Jeep

My wife's previous car was black with a light color interior. She hauls our 3 grand kids around. It was hard to keep clean inside and out. This time around we went just the opposite. Alpine white w/ black interior. Shows a lot less dirt and the interior is a lot easier to keep looking good. We went with the 22's but recently bought a set of the 21" wheels with the snow tires for an upcoming trip. Pics with 22's and the 21's. Please roll with the sideways pictures. I don't know what the hell happened there, but you can see the colors. I've made it 61 years without being very computer literate so I can probably coast on in without too much worry (hopefully).
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 04:01 PM   #4
760Lifan
Major
Rep

The 22s FishOuttaWater posted off the 40i would have been my choice on the M50i as well but I had to pick an alternative.

Of course, the all white interior might not be perfect if you have children and/or pets but in my case, that did not apply so I could 'afford' it.
Gone: 2020 X7 M50i, Mineral White, Ivory White Full Merino, Piano Black Trim, Cold Weather, Dynamic Handling, Driving Assistance, Luxury Seating, Executive, 22" Y-Spoke Orbit Grey Wheels Style 758i, Space Saver Spare, Trailer Hitch, Leather Dash, Ambient Air, Bowers & Wilkins, Rear Entertainment, Night Vision, Extended Shadowline, Alcantara Headliner in Upholstery Color.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 09:02 PM   #5
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

FWIW, I'll be doing exactly what FishOuttaWater did, Mineral White exterior, extended shadowline trim, black interior.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 09:23 PM   #6
aas5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3

Funny, I am planning to go with a car that is almost the same as 760’s - mineral white, extended shadowline, white and blue interior. But I am still debating...
Sold: 2020 X7 M50 White Mineral with Ivory & Blue, 2017 X6M Long Beach Blue with Mugello Red, 2014 X6M Monte Carlo Blue with Mugello Red, 2011 X6 5.0 Black on Black, 2008 E350 4Matic Silver, 2006 Infiniti M45 Diamond Graphite
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 09:34 PM   #7
Screwly
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW x7 Ford 250 superduty

I went with mineral white with white and navy interior and love it! I would have done extended shadow trim but they didn't offer that with the 2020 xdrive50i. I actually like the trim the way it is and it's a change from our previous blacked out q7.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 10:15 PM   #8
760Lifan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwly View Post
I went with mineral white with white and navy interior and love it! I would have done extended shadow trim but they didn't offer that with the 2020 xdrive50i. I actually like the trim the way it is and it's a change from our previous blacked out q7.
I like those wheels - you don't see those that often...
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 05:17 AM   #9
Waise
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

I got the 2019 X7 40i. Tire size is: 285/45/r21
Exterior: Meneral White Metallic
Interior: Canberra Beige Vernesca Leather
Attached Images

Appreciate 0