BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Help me decide on an X7!

03-06-2024, 08:33 AM   #45
lookingforx7
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: na

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer00 View Post
Dont mind me getting excited over lookin up new cars. If you are willing to expand your search and open to bench seats this one seems to have everything else you need for 90k --> https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/7...-a19bf4292c3a/

7% discount can get you down to 83.
Thanks for this! where does the 7% discount come from?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2024, 08:47 AM   #46
lookingforx7
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: na

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg97 View Post
Correct.

Just a very humble suggestion....and this is assuming you don't need a vehicle immediately!

I'd take a few days and review this board and some of the resources here. Many of the topics you've asked about (6v8 cylinders, preLCI v LCI, Sensatec v. Leather, etc.) have been covered here many times over. Read those over and then take an afternoon/day to drive a couple of different examples of each version you're considering. Then you can decide what you need and what you'd like. THEN you can search out the right vehicle. I think you'll land a better vehicle with a lower likelihood of long term "I wish I had gotten ____".

Good luck!!!

Thanks - yes forum has been very helpful. Feel like I know more know than the BMW salesmen I speak to. Thank you!
Appreciate 2
keg97166.50
      03-06-2024, 09:00 AM   #47
chicagox7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Q7, 07 RDX, 23 X7 40i-soon

👆this. Can’t recommend the research enough. The forum has been a huge resource. Each option has been debated discussed a few times (even tire size pros and cons). I spent a few hours searching different options/items to inform my ultimate build; it was hugely helpful. There is also several threads talking about all the differences between 23 and 24 (and now 24 and 25).
Appreciate 2
keg97166.50
      03-06-2024, 10:22 AM   #48
JMD
MGySgt
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Garage List! ;-)

Garage List
2010 M5  [10.00]
2016 BMW 340xi M Sport  [9.00]
2019 X5 50i M Sport  [5.50]
2010 535xi  [0.00]
2013 M5  [0.00]
2012 X5 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkelley86 View Post
I would do some research here on some of the bigger decisions first then figure out what options are "must haves" for you. For big decisions, mainly:

Do you want the V8 or V6 (I would try both, I love my V8)?

Do you want the pre-LCI or post-LCI (I would try both and test the climate control systems while you are at it as many complain about low powered climate control in the post-LCI)?

Then there is the age old debate surrounding DHP (dynamic handling package). I say it's mandatory on these giant SUVs but others don't really care. It gives you all wheel steering and a better, predictive suspension. Read up on that too.

Other than that it's the smaller things in life. Bowers and Wilkins is killer but the Harmon Kardon is very nice too. Cold weather package matters to me in New England but your in Cali soooo....

Read through the dealer order guide here and get educated on which options you CAN have, then start shopping around.

https://g07.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1727832

For what it's worth, it's not very hard to find a LOADED X7 with basically every option you can buy, you just have to be willing to shop outside your zip code.

Keep us posted and poke around here, many of us (including myself who just got mine 4 weeks ago) just went through what you are.
I echo everything said above, and especially about shopping outside of your zip code! Whenever I'm in the upgrade mood, I typically search a 200-250 to a 500 mile radius. Also, if you plan to make long road trips,...then you will certainly want to have "DAP" and just by the X7 having "DAP", it will very much likely have many other nice to have options! As for the ride, the M Sport version will have a nice ride,...while the non- M-Sport version will have a nicer ride. Neither should disappoint you. I think the 2023 and up model may have a more updated DAP, as in, allows for hands-free up to 65 to 70mph. Perhaps someone here can confirm this. However, the version of DAP in 2022 and earlier works well, but only up to 40mph hands-free.

If it were me looking to get into an X7, I'd take a fully loaded 40i M Sport version over any lesser optioned 50i/M50i.

GL and Hth...
      03-06-2024, 10:34 AM   #49
chicagox7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingforx7 View Post
okay here are the two spec sheets attached. The one from Eugene says "stop sale"?

Also I don't see DHP on the spec sheet from Buick dealer one so maybe that ones a typo or am I missing something? Also doesn't show Driving assistance pro option?It has "5AS Active driving assistant" - is this they same as the "ZDY Active Driving Assistance Professional" option package? I dont' think that is the case from a quick search of the forum...

After reading seems Sensafin more durable which maybe be better with our kids.

btw...Can I buy you a beer - lol - this is immensely helpful!!
23 DAP is still only to 40 mph. 24 has updated hardware and allows up to 85mph.

Still great to use dap on 23 and previous as even though not hands free over 30- it works just as well with your hand adding a little bit of pressure. Reduces stress/tiredness on long drives. Used it extensively on multiple 2k plus round trip drives. Also agree, most who opt for DAP likely added many other goodies.

Other considerations- the spare. Cheap to add with the car, expensive aftermarket. Climate- lots of noise on AC issues. Adding climate gets a second AC compressor for the third row and helps with this. Hitch comes with extra items (bigger brakes, larger radiator, extr cooling for the engine, special camera settings and sensor settings programmed in)- all missing without the option. These are things learners through researching the forum on the options and differences between model years.
Appreciate 1
      03-06-2024, 10:37 AM   #50
chicagox7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagox7 View Post
23 DAP is still only to 40 mph. 24 has updated hardware and allows up to 85mph.

Still great to use dap on 23 and previous as even though not hands free over 30- it works just as well with your hand adding a little bit of pressure. Reduces stress/tiredness on long drives. Used it extensively on multiple 2k plus round trip drives. Also agree, most who opt for DAP likely added many other goodies.

Other considerations- the spare. Cheap to add with the car, expensive aftermarket. Climate- lots of noise on AC issues. Adding climate gets a second AC compressor for the third row and helps with this. Hitch comes with extra items (bigger brakes, larger radiator, extr cooling for the engine, special camera settings and sensor settings programmed in)- all missing without the option. These are things learners through researching the forum on the options and differences between model years.
Oh and another learning from the posts… 90% of the dealers know about 10% of this information. In other words- you’ll likely be much better informed than the person selling you the car (and the person who shows you how it all works).
There are. Few dealers on the forum who add a ton and k ow a ton- kudos to them. There seem to be too many who know much less.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3812.50
      03-06-2024, 10:21 PM   #51
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Same boat as OP but I am opposite side of US than you

Not sure if you looked at BMW of Downtown LA ?
https://www.bmwdtla.com/used-invento...e=BMW&model=X7

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0