08-03-2023, 07:44 AM   #89
manutod
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 21 X7 M50i,19 Ghibli Gransport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taktix1 View Post
What shop?
TLC Auto Detail in Dulles. They work on a wide range of vehicles - Teslas, trucks, high end exotics, the in-betweens, old classics...

I usually get full decon + paint correction + coating for my cars, followed by maintenance washes (every 3 or so months) as well. My '15 Audi SQ5 got coated with cquartz finest and Maser' with modesta bc-08. Both these cars also got chrome delete from the same shop and I couldn't be happier with the results.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2023, 01:35 PM   #90
JSL337
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i, iX

Hey guys, I'm in OC California and I'm getting quotes from local tint shops for two levels of their tints, pricing is similar for the different levels, within $100-150 of each other.
I got three quotes, first shop offers 3M Ceramic or 3M Crystalline, second shop is offering Advanced Nano Ceramic or Diamond IR Ceramic (no brand mentioned), and third shop offered Prestige Spectra Photosync IRD or Llumar IRX.

Any tint product that stands out and is clearly better than the others or are they all comparable? I read on this thread that the Llumar isn't that clear at an angle? Is 3M Ceramic up there in terms of quality? It seems like it's been around for a while now. Thanks for your input.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2023, 02:03 PM   #91
Eternalthinker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSL337 View Post
Hey guys, I'm in OC California and I'm getting quotes from local tint shops for two levels of their tints, pricing is similar for the different levels, within $100-150 of each other.
I got three quotes, first shop offers 3M Ceramic or 3M Crystalline, second shop is offering Advanced Nano Ceramic or Diamond IR Ceramic (no brand mentioned), and third shop offered Prestige Spectra Photosync IRD or Llumar IRX.

Any tint product that stands out and is clearly better than the others or are they all comparable? I read on this thread that the Llumar isn't that clear at an angle? Is 3M Ceramic up there in terms of quality? It seems like it's been around for a while now. Thanks for your input.
I have Prestige Spectra photosync on all of my cars and love the heat block. I used to use Huper and 3M Crystalline, but have found this to be superior.
      08-03-2023, 07:47 PM   #92
thenew3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7, 2016 X3, 2021 MME

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSL337 View Post
I've had every car tinted in the last 30+ years, Used many different brands. They are all very clear if installed properly.
For the last 14 or so years I've used Llumar/FormaOne Pinnacle. Primarily because the most skilled installer in the area uses that brand.
Have had no issues with clarity.

The most recent tint I had issue with was huper optik. It started to "fog up" after about 4-5 years. Had to have it removed and re-done (under warranty) because the original installer didn't heat shrink it properly.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 07:56 AM   #93
p0p
Ninja
Rep
Drives: N54 & B58

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by manutod View Post
I got Pinnacle from LA Tint Manassas store on my '08 E92 335i and had the same feeling that they could have done much better and never been there since.

My go to detail shop does SunTek tint but haven't heard much about it on this forum. I got quoted $650 for all side & rear windows for top of the line SunTek Evolve.
I still have my e92

Tint was done at the Sterling location (13 years a go) and still looks perfect. I had them black out the upper rear dot matrix. No fade or color change.
Appreciate 0