Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

01-21-2015, 09:04 PM   #23
vip
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 Alpine White M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Yup, you get lower payments, a second chance at the car price at lease return and a guaranteed walk-away date & price if you want/need it. I have no idea why you wouldn't. lease.

Some think a bank loan or paying cash is a badge of honor somehow. If you can buy the use of an 80k asset for an incremental spend of say 800/mo... Uhhh why wouldn't you? Stay liquid with the rest of your cash or use it for something that actually has a return. Just talking about a m3/4 is already not too financially smart

My e93 is up in August and dealers are bugging me every week with "unprecedented final offers" to buy my car at lease return , only every month the offer is the same and it's more than my buy out.
you are soo right here. only the last month or so have i really figured out why leasing makes total sense.... if you like changing up cars every 2.5-3 years its a total no brainer. And your point of driving around an 80k asset for $800 a month makes total sense!!! Also the best thing about a lease is that you can sell the car 6-9 months before the lease is due and in more cases or not, actually end up with positive equity (if you sell privately). These f80/f82s will definitely hold their value over the next few years and with the 63% residual for 10k miles, makes for a no brainer.

I will most likely always lease now and will be leasing my f80 this summer.

Brought up an old thread, so sorry!
      01-21-2015, 10:37 PM   #24
BigMo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BG on KO G80 Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by vip
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Yup, you get lower payments, a second chance at the car price at lease return and a guaranteed walk-away date & price if you want/need it. I have no idea why you wouldn't. lease.

Some think a bank loan or paying cash is a badge of honor somehow. If you can buy the use of an 80k asset for an incremental spend of say 800/mo... Uhhh why wouldn't you? Stay liquid with the rest of your cash or use it for something that actually has a return. Just talking about a m3/4 is already not too financially smart

My e93 is up in August and dealers are bugging me every week with "unprecedented final offers" to buy my car at lease return , only every month the offer is the same and it's more than my buy out.
you are soo right here. only the last month or so have i really figured out why leasing makes total sense.... if you like changing up cars every 2.5-3 years its a total no brainer. And your point of driving around an 80k asset for $800 a month makes total sense!!! Also the best thing about a lease is that you can sell the car 6-9 months before the lease is due and in more cases or not, actually end up with positive equity (if you sell privately). These f80/f82s will definitely hold their value over the next few years and with the 63% residual for 10k miles, makes for a no brainer.

I will most likely always lease now and will be leasing my f80 this summer.

Brought up an old thread, so sorry!
Unless you drive an American car. I'm going to take a $3-4K bath on my CTS-V when my M3 gets delivered.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 12:15 AM   #25
vip
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 Alpine White M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
Unless you drive an American car. I'm going to take a $3-4K bath on my CTS-V when my M3 gets delivered.
ha yeah, that is true!!