E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E91 then E60, now back to E91!

01-08-2006, 04:40 PM   #1
Ashford
Registered
Rep
Drives: Volvo S60 D5

Garage List
2002 Volvo S60  [0.00]
E91 then E60, now back to E91!

How to decide?! I thought I wanted a 320d SE Touring, but when I tried it for a couple of days it didn't seem all that comfortable - I drive a Volvo S60 D5 with fantastic seats now. And diesel seemed a bit noiser with more vibration. So I tried the new 520d SE - more comfortable and quieter. But less flexible, and really too big for day to day use - agree entirely with other posters that most UK roads except for motorways not made for big cars. And grown up kids now rarely in the car with us, and they always want to borrow the car! So E91 seems like the best idea all round - the wife's dog can go in the boot and so can my bike - but not together?!

So if its the E91, which colour in and out? I really like Mystic Blue, but Sp Graphite or Arctic Silver are also good. The Lemon leather looks superb, but is it (a) worth the extra cost (b) practical? Should I just have cloth? In the leathers, biege seems a bit too brown/strong coloured, grey seems bland, black too heavy and the obvious choice and terra too earthy!

Mystic blue & lemon? SpG & lemon? Arctic & lemon? Or M.Blue & grey? Or just go for the M. Blue & black cloth - do they go together?

My wife's view of the lemon? "Hideous". So could be the right choice then?!

Think it has to be sports seats - got them now and std ones seem very flat. Agree?

Also, pan. sunroof looks fantastic but do you hear the engine noise? Logic 7 v.tempting to drown out the diesel engine! Worth the extra?
Sports steering wheel - what's the difference?

What are the other recommended extras I must have?

Or should I go back to E60? Or should I just have another S60?

So much for that new year resolution to become more decisive!

Can anyone help?

Ashford
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2006, 04:46 PM   #2
icedragon
guardian of ice and snow
Rep
Drives: 128i, 325i

Garage List
06 325xi  [0.00]
Mystic blue with black interior.
Blue and black complement each other very well. Just look at the blue and black E90 Post header.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2006, 04:51 PM   #3
tctic
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Well, colour combinations is a matter of personal taste. It's quite hard to give opinions on that except that all the listed combos are good ones. Regarding leather or cloth, it's a choice of preferences again and the ease of cleaning. Cloth is easy to get dirty but with leather, it's easier to clean and take care of.

I've tried the sports seat when test driving but didn't get them because I did not find the price to the Sports Package justified for the extras offered. Also, I find that the regular seats has fairly good support.

The Logic 7 is supposed to offer better sound quality. Though I had never tried the Logic 7 in the E90, I can not give much comments on this. Maybe others can. But in general, some people find the Logic 7 worth it, some don't. It all depends on what you expect.

I am not sure if UK offers something known as the "Sports Package", but in North America, the sport package includes the sport seats, steering wheel and sports suspension (for the 'i' models). The sports steering wheel just looks thicker and have more sporty look to it. Again, you have to try both types out to tell which one you prefer.

If you are looking more for luxury and comfort, the E60 maybe for you given that you don't mind the larger dimensions. And remember, a Volvo will never perform like a BMW, not even close. No comparison here in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2006, 05:07 PM   #4
parafrog
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i BlkSaph

dogs & bikes + lemon leather = hell no!
get mystic blue with black or terra interior
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2006, 05:21 PM   #5
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Good luck with your choice... let your wife choose the interior color.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2006, 09:40 PM   #6
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

Why not 320dT w/ M-sports pack, Le Mans Blue & shadow blue alcantara?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2006, 03:28 AM   #7
Broken1
Addict
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 40i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc
Why not 320dT w/ M-sports pack, Le Mans Blue & shadow blue alcantara?
Now we are talking!

The engine noise from the 320d is not bad. Once the car is worn in (and if you use premium diesel) it actually smoothes out quite nicely!! I would definately get the sunroof...

Logic 7 is very pricey in South Africa, so I got the hi-fi sound system upgrade...and I am very happy with it (even after comparing to a fellow forum members logic 7)
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2006, 08:07 AM   #8
davinet78
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 320d

Garage List
go for arctic with beige its just a beautiful combination
      01-09-2006, 06:45 PM   #9
Wolf359
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

I saw Artic with Lemon, looked great. Never saw Mystic Blue so I can't say anything about it (Looks good on pictures though).

Let the person who pays for the car choose the colors...
Appreciate 0