BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum How long for production of special order?

06-17-2020, 07:47 PM   #683
jmcd2524
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerdoc2020 View Post
I hope yours gets started soon. We'll be able to gauge ours accordingly then. Please keep us informed!
Out of the Blue I moved to the third dot (Production Begins) today. I was supposed to have a Week of July 5 Build week; then this happens-2 1/2 weeks ahead of schedule.

Not sure what to make of it but sounds like progress!!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 08:18 PM   #684
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

I like the sound of that! Hopefully all the special orders start!!!
Appreciate 1
      06-17-2020, 09:04 PM   #685
adamjs83
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5, 2020 X7

Garage List
2020 X7  [0.00]
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrider View Post
Quote:
I ended up ordering a 2020 because of the reprieve of options for 2021. It is completely loaded 40i in Mineral White/Full Merino Ivory. $105,600 MSRP. Funny thing I was hoping they would ADD Laser Lights for 2021 but they oppositely took options away so I had to hurry to build a 2020. I think they wanted more distance with options with the 3 models for 2021 so had to take some away from the 40i. Going to be a long wait.
Can you share the details of your build please if you don't mind? I ordered a loaded 40i as well and curious as to how folks that are ordering loaded 40i are optioning them.
I have on order with a scheduled production in mid July:

X740i msport
Phytonic Blue
Extended Merino Coffee
Matte Poplar
Bench seat (3 kids)
Leather dash
Executive package, driving assistant pro, parking assistant, luxury seating, cold weather
M brake
Trailer hitch (sad about no toe kick)
Running boards
Extended shadow line

[IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

2019 BMW X5 xdrive40i Mineral White
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 06:44 AM   #686
uvasuperman
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 (ordered)

Woohoo - mine jumped to the 6th dot (entering assembly line) overnight! It spent 15 days on dot 3...
Appreciate 2
      06-18-2020, 08:54 AM   #687
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcd2524 View Post
Out of the Blue I moved to the third dot (Production Begins) today. I was supposed to have a Week of July 5 Build week; then this happens-2 1/2 weeks ahead of schedule.

Not sure what to make of it but sounds like progress!!
It does definitely sound like progress! Maybe the line is moving a little faster than anticipated so us at the back may be up to the counter sooner
Appreciate 1
      06-18-2020, 11:51 AM   #688
typedef
Rep
Drives: X7

I ordered mine in Feb, made it to the second dot right before the factory shut-down, at which point I went back to dot 1. Since the factory reopened, I crept back to dot 2 and then dot 3 about 10 days ago. Then yesterday it jumped all the way to dot 12! In one day!!! Not sure how that happened, but it is dispatched from the factory now. So, I don't think the dots are completely accurate right now, since I doubt they did the entire car, paint and all, in a few hours.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 12:56 PM   #689
uvasuperman
Rep

I've read previously on here that the dots are not super current and that often the assembly to shipment stages are clustered into around 48 hours. Dot 3 seems to average about 2 weeks. Hopefully that all means my dot 6 build will be finished and on a truck north by the weekend!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 03:40 PM   #690
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by typedef View Post
I ordered mine in Feb, made it to the second dot right before the factory shut-down, at which point I went back to dot 1. Since the factory reopened, I crept back to dot 2 and then dot 3 about 10 days ago. Then yesterday it jumped all the way to dot 12! In one day!!! Not sure how that happened, but it is dispatched from the factory now. So, I don't think the dots are completely accurate right now, since I doubt they did the entire car, paint and all, in a few hours.
Wow you have good patience, that's a long time to wait! Glad you're nearly home
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 05:40 AM   #691
adamjs83
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5, 2020 X7

Garage List
2020 X7  [0.00]
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComingInHot View Post
Quote:
My July 30 build just went to Dot 3. Looks like things are speeding up.
2019 BMW X5 xdrive40i Mineral White
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 06:14 AM   #692
uvasuperman
Rep

Mine is now "awaiting carrier assignment" so the dot 3 to finish progression was basically two days... and this means we will see our lovely new X7 in about a week - just about 6 weeks from order.
Appreciate 1
MomoM3987.00
      06-19-2020, 06:23 AM   #693
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvasuperman View Post
Mine is now "awaiting carrier assignment" so the dot 3 to finish progression was basically two days... and this means we will see our lovely new X7 in about a week - just about 6 weeks from order.
So your CA was right...it did finish on Friday as they stated.

I like what I am hearing . It seems like they are speeding up the production.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 07:16 AM   #694
uvasuperman
Rep

Yep he was spot on. I agree - seems like they are ramping up - likely to get the current slate finished and do whatever they need to get the line ready for 2021 adjustments.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 07:51 AM   #695
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjs83 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Nice!!! Hopefully my July 30 will move to dot 3 too today!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 11:21 AM   #696
typedef
Rep
Drives: X7

Quote:
And now its at the dealership!! That went from painfully slow to shockingly quick in an instant. Will be picking up next week at long last.
Appreciate 1
Heimdall136.50
      06-24-2020, 04:04 PM   #697
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep

Does anyone know what days and hours the factory in Spartanburg is working now?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 05:57 PM   #698
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Does anyone know what days and hours the factory in Spartanburg is working now?
Sun-Fri, closed Saturday.

Shift A started May 4, Shift B started on May 18. 10-12hr day/evening shifts have been adjusted for to allow for spacing of employees and regular cleaning and disinfection of workstations. The staggered approach was intended to give all its suppliers time to ramp back up.

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 10:26 PM   #699
Hsiaowei511
Counting the Days!
Rep
Drives: BMW X7,Lexus GS 350

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenew3 View Post
Quote:
My order is official and I have a Week 30 build date (July19). Per everyones experience here, are these pretty accurate or can they change (move up or down)? Just wondering as if you all think it won't move past "Scheduled for Production" until July 19, then I won't bother checking the website like a maniac anymore.
If it's scheduled for July 19th, it likely won't change status until a few days before the 19th.

It's very unlikely it will get moved up, more likely it will get pushed back.

You don't need to check it like a maniac until closer to July 19th.
I'm in the same boat, week 30 and also checking several times a day hoping for these moving dots everyone mentioned! 🤣🤣🤣 Oh well, thanks for the info!
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2020, 05:20 AM   #700
Skyrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My order just moved to dot 3 (Production Begins) on 6/24. I ordered 6/9. Moved to dot 2 (Scheduled for Production) on 6/10. Now my conformed production date is 7/10 (week 28). Originally was week 30. I did confirm with BMW customer relations (who checked with BMW Genius) that my car will have the Apple Car Key feature. Or at least it will be Apple Car Key ready. He confirmed that the vehicle will have all the necessary hardware. It would be a matter of a vehicle software update (if needed) to have it be fully functional. He did say that it really all depends on Apple when they release the feature. But the car can support. He also made it sound that previous X7s are hardware ready and might just need a software update. I suggest we all wait till Apple releases iOS 13.6 to test the functionality on our X7s. He did also confirm that updates are pushed OTA in batches by VIN and the dealer should be able to update the software for free if requested.

Hopefully everyone's order gets moved up soon and we all get our X7s in July.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2020, 06:16 AM   #701
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My order just moved to dot 3 (Production Begins) on 6/24. I ordered 6/9. Moved to dot 2 (Scheduled for Production) on 6/10. Now my conformed production date is 7/10 (week 28). Originally was week 30. I did confirm with BMW customer relations (who checked with BMW Genius) that my car will have the Apple Car Key feature. Or at least it will be Apple Car Key ready. He confirmed that the vehicle will have all the necessary hardware. It would be a matter of a vehicle software update (if needed) to have it be fully functional. He did say that it really all depends on Apple when they release the feature. But the car can support. He also made it sound that previous X7s are hardware ready and might just need a software update. I suggest we all wait till Apple releases iOS 13.6 to test the functionality on our X7s. He did also confirm that updates are pushed OTA in batches by VIN and the dealer should be able to update the software for free if requested.

Wow, good news Well I know we ordered just a day apart or something close to that so let's see how long mine will take to move a dot given the color etc.

I've been ignoring it as best I can. I only check it once a day
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2020, 06:37 AM   #702
Skyrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wow, good news Well I know we ordered just a day apart or something close to that so let's see how long mine will take to move a dot given the color etc.

Yea same here. What color did you get?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2020, 06:51 AM   #703
jmcd2524
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 40i M Sport

Quote:

The "Dot System" is very frustrating as I am reasonably sure it is not kept up to date. If you want to know what is really going on with your build I would call BMW Customer relations. The folks there are really very nice and always helpful.

My build was ordered in early May.

I then had my Build Number invalidated in mid May.

Got a new production number May 30.

Was told June 2 by BMW that my production was scheduled for week 28 (July 5)

June 17 moved to the 3rd dot - Production Begins

Early last week, I contacted BMW for an update. Was told my Build would be complete by June 30.

As of today - I'm still at the third dot! So either something changed, and my build has slowed, or the system is not up to date or... Could I possibly be at the third dot and my build actually be complete on June 30?

Just a bit frustrating even if I am ahead of schedule... or not! I agree with some of the folks on this Board - that maybe its best not to look every day and just wait for a call from the dealership that my X7 is ready for pick-up!
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2020, 08:28 AM   #704
Skyrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcd2524 View Post
Quote:

The "Dot System" is very frustrating as I am reasonably sure it is not kept up to date. If you want to know what is really going on with your build I would call BMW Customer relations. The folks there are really very nice and always helpful.

My build was ordered in early May.

I then had my Build Number invalidated in mid May.

Got a new production number May 30.

Was told June 2 by BMW that my production was scheduled for week 28 (July 5)

June 17 moved to the 3rd dot - Production Begins

Early last week, I contacted BMW for an update. Was told my Build would be complete by June 30.

As of today - I'm still at the third dot! So either something changed, and my build has slowed, or the system is not up to date or... Could I possibly be at the third dot and my build actually be complete on June 30?

Just a bit frustrating even if I am ahead of schedule... or not! I agree with some of the folks on this Board - that maybe its best not to look every day and just wait for a call from the dealership that my X7 is ready for pick-up!
I think the website is a little lagging but not by a lot. The site showed my order moving to dot 3 the same exact day the BMW Genius told me that it did. Your car could still be produced by 6/30 as it only takes a day or 2 to build it. I was told it only takes 6 hours to finish the car at the assembly line. I believe that's after paint is done. You still got 4 days, so there still plenty of time. Good luck.
Appreciate 0