BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications BM3 exhaust flap 540i

04-25-2024, 02:23 PM   #1
kmac1980
Major
Rep
Drives: '19 540xi

BM3 exhaust flap 540i

Hi everyone ,

I have read this forum and others extensively and haven’t really found an answer to this.

I was trying to play with the exhaust flap in the Bootmod3 app on my custom stage 2 tuned ‘19 540xi and not sure if the coding is working or not.

I have changed the setting in my custom map for exhaust flap to be open always in sport mode (and reflashed) However, when I put the car into sport at idle and get out and check, the flap is closed. The burbles settings seem to work fine, so I believe the flash is working.

Does this setting only force the flap open when in motion? How exactly does this setting work on a 540 in bm3? ( believe it’s different in the stock m550i vs stock 540i)

Thanks

Kevin
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2024, 08:06 AM   #2
tjbuggy2b
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i xDrive M Sport

Interested in this code-ability. I should have my Remus on next weekend and suspect I may want the flap always open in all modes but what I'd REALLY might like is to be able to set the flap partially open in comfort mode, and always open in sport mode.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2024, 04:51 PM   #3
Doctor X
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: B58

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac1980 View Post
Hi everyone ,

I have read this forum and others extensively and haven’t really found an answer to this.

I was trying to play with the exhaust flap in the Bootmod3 app on my custom stage 2 tuned ‘19 540xi and not sure if the coding is working or not.

I have changed the setting in my custom map for exhaust flap to be open always in sport mode (and reflashed) However, when I put the car into sport at idle and get out and check, the flap is closed. The burbles settings seem to work fine, so I believe the flash is working.

Does this setting only force the flap open when in motion? How exactly does this setting work on a 540 in bm3? ( believe it’s different in the stock m550i vs stock 540i)

Thanks

Kevin
I had this same issue, no matter what I tried doing through bimmercode/bootmod3 my flap would still close on its own.

What I had to do was have my dad rev my car and unplug the sensor as the flaps opened hahah.

No regrets.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2024, 09:11 PM   #4
kmac1980
Major
Rep

i just want to know what the "expected results" are supposed to be from the Bootmod3 option of exhaust flap in sport mode.

I dont think i want it always open as i need a quiet level in comfort mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor X View Post
I had this same issue, no matter what I tried doing through bimmercode/bootmod3 my flap would still close on its own.

What I had to do was have my dad rev my car and unplug the sensor as the flaps opened hahah.

No regrets.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2024, 11:25 AM   #5
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
i just want to know what the "expected results" are supposed to be from the Bootmod3 option of exhaust flap in sport mode.

Get a valve controller instead and you can change the mode with a click of a button

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2024, 03:40 PM   #6
kmac1980
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Get a valve controller instead and you can change the mode with a click of a button
yeah i was hoping not to need to do this if i could code it to sport mode...
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2024, 03:41 PM   #7
kmac1980
Major
Rep

Quote:

No regrets.
what car do you drive? i dont think the g30 b58 flap opens at all in park no matter how much you rev it in sport it stays closed...
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2024, 10:04 AM   #8
thecooltype
drive to survive
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 540 XI

Quote:

Quote:

No regrets.
with bimmerlink you can also set it to open but this only seems to happen when you step on the gas..I ended up removing the fuse after opening it so it stays open all the time
Appreciate 0