X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum My 2021 Alpina XB7 and review

01-19-2021, 12:51 AM   #45
MagicalTiger
Rep
Drives: bmw x5m comp

It looks amazing! how does the ride quality compare to the ordinary X7? you said you have driven both, is the ride harsher or softer or the same? thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2021, 09:11 AM   #46
fkim119
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17 Porsche Panamera Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicalTiger View Post
It looks amazing! how does the ride quality compare to the ordinary X7? you said you have driven both, is the ride harsher or softer or the same? thanks
The Alpina, even with 23's rides rides more plush compared to any of the other X7 variants. Put it in comfort or comfort plus, it just glides over everything. I typically drive it in Sport Individual mode cause it slams the XB7 where there is very little wheel gap and it still rides plush. However, I think the X7 5.0M feels more sporty and athletic.
22' Porsche Cayenne Turbo
24' Porsche GT4RS on order
Appreciate 1
MystroX56283.50
      01-20-2021, 09:14 AM   #47
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkim119 View Post
The Alpina, even with 23's rides rides more plush compared to any of the other X7 variants. Put it in comfort or comfort plus, it just glides over everything. I typically drive it in Sport Individual mode cause it slams the XB7 where there is very little wheel gap and it still rides plush. However, I think the X7 5.0M feels more sporty and athletic.
I would love to see it’s driving profile in sport + with those 23”ers moving. Unless I am pounding miles on a long trip, I default to sport or sport + for the same lower ride height.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2022, 12:31 PM   #48
fkim119
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17 Porsche Panamera Turbo

Just some updates after 1 and a half years of ownership.

Current Mileage - 23K

I had a new arrival during the pandemic and the combo of the rear facing car seat, 3 golden retrievers and having to carry the baby stuff...the XB7 doesn't get that much ride time. My 2022 Escalade ESV Sport Platinum is now the main family hauler of the group!

With that being said, I went through a set of tires ( bunch of negative camber on the Alpina at all 4 wheels stock), and front pads so far. I wish they had a set of Michelins in our size for the 23's!

I still enjoy the Alpina like the first day I brought her home! Total sleeper until you open her up! My neighbor got the X7 M5.0 last week in what looks like Grigio? I am not 100% sure on the color but it is new to me. Total stunner! I let him take my Alpina for an extended test drive yesterday because in his mind...he couldn't justify the delta over the M5.0. Let me tell you, he called his sales guy after the drive he had with my Alpina and was informed they are not taking anymore orders right now. Totally bummed out. I bet he is calling every dealer with the XB7 right now trying to hammer them on price...

Happy driving everyone!
22' Porsche Cayenne Turbo
24' Porsche GT4RS on order
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2022, 12:43 AM   #49
PNWM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW XM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkim119 View Post
Just some updates after 1 and a half years of ownership.

Current Mileage - 23K

I had a new arrival during the pandemic and the combo of the rear facing car seat, 3 golden retrievers and having to carry the baby stuff...the XB7 doesn't get that much ride time. My 2022 Escalade ESV Sport Platinum is now the main family hauler of the group!

With that being said, I went through a set of tires ( bunch of negative camber on the Alpina at all 4 wheels stock), and front pads so far. I wish they had a set of Michelins in our size for the 23's!

I still enjoy the Alpina like the first day I brought her home! Total sleeper until you open her up! My neighbor got the X7 M5.0 last week in what looks like Grigio? I am not 100% sure on the color but it is new to me. Total stunner! I let him take my Alpina for an extended test drive yesterday because in his mind...he couldn't justify the delta over the M5.0. Let me tell you, he called his sales guy after the drive he had with my Alpina and was informed they are not taking anymore orders right now. Totally bummed out. I bet he is calling every dealer with the XB7 right now trying to hammer them on price...

Happy driving everyone!
Love mine as well. 17k mile in the first year. I have eyes for the XM but nothing else right now compares to the XB7 for me. The white is beautiful.
Appreciate 0