BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Pretty Discouraging XB7 Review

12-06-2020, 01:02 PM   #45
760Lifan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 4xe Summit R & Trailhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe View Post
ITS FAKE! No one would pay $155,000 for a vehicle and then slam it to smithereens in a YouTube video a few days later.
That's a likely scenario as well.
Gone: 2020 X7 M50i, Mineral White, Ivory White Full Merino, Piano Black Trim, Cold Weather, Dynamic Handling, Driving Assistance, Luxury Seating, Executive, 22" Y-Spoke Orbit Grey Wheels Style 758i, Space Saver Spare, Trailer Hitch, Leather Dash, Ambient Air, Bowers & Wilkins, Rear Entertainment, Night Vision, Extended Shadowline, Alcantara Headliner in Upholstery Color.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2020, 05:42 PM   #46
TexasJester
Private
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer73 View Post
Do yourself a favor and option out an M50i. You'll be so happy unless you absolutely must have the Alpina branding. I drive mine all over the city, highway, foothills, mountains, dry, wet, and snow. The car has a fantastic amount of flexibility and never-ending power.
But what if anyone reading this takes this advice and then happens to get to test drive a XB7 a realizes that they made a big Boo Boo? Coming from a man that was totally 100% happy with his M50i that had the chance to drive the XB7 that replaced my M50i. Let me tell you gang, you have to drive one to understand there is a huge difference. Worth every bit of the difference. The guys trying to stay in a budget can save a 100k and get a Kia telluride.
Appreciate 1
LittleJoe1065.00
      12-11-2020, 05:49 PM   #47
Wanderer73
Major
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasJester View Post
Quote:
Do yourself a favor and option out an M50i. You'll be so happy unless you absolutely must have the Alpina branding. I drive mine all over the city, highway, foothills, mountains, dry, wet, and snow. The car has a fantastic amount of flexibility and never-ending power.
But what if anyone reading this takes this advice and then happens to get to test drive a XB7 a realizes that they made a big Boo Boo? Coming from a man that was totally 100% happy with his M50i that had the chance to drive the XB7 that replaced my M50i. Let me tell you gang, you have to drive one to understand there is a huge difference. Worth every bit of the difference. The guys trying to stay in a budget can save a 100k and get a Kia telluride.
If you have the money and want an XB7, go for it; that's what SteelBMW is doing. He's going to be extremely happy. If you're on the fence, take many M50i owner's advice and get a fully optioned one. Either way, you're going to be one happy individual.
Appreciate 1
LittleJoe1065.00
      12-11-2020, 08:35 PM   #48
jmciver
///M SubDriver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3, 2020 X7 40i

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasJester View Post
Sounds like a similar argument for the difference between a "real" M-car and a regular BMW with an M Performance badge and a few extra ponies to go a little bit faster in a straight line. The devil is in the details but in the case of a model like the XB7, many of those details are not necessarily visible to the less informed. But there clearly IS a difference (including a real difference between M and non-M cars, too) if you choose to take the time to learn about it so you can make an informed purchase. Whether that difference is "needed" or "worth it," only you can make that decision. But as was already alluded to, just get what you want (and can afford) and be happy with it....

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)

Last edited by jmciver; 12-11-2020 at 08:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2021, 09:05 PM   #49
TexasJester
Private
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Quote:
I could not disagree more. Traded our M50i for a XB7 and had nothing to do with the logo. I actually like it because nobody has a clue we drive a 150k $ car. So I needed a new truck and traded the XB7 in. Told the wife pick out whatever she wanted to replace it with. After looking at everything under the sun for 6 weeks she said there was nothing out there she liked better than the XB7. So I have my 2nd one!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2021, 09:22 PM   #50
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

There should be someone to defend the M50i purchase against an XB7, but for sure their trying to convince themselves that a middle class performer can be a better alternative than the top model from that specific class.
So can be said about a 40i model with an M Sport pack and Individual options, more economic, lower running costs, enough performance for legal street driving...
The real fact is that you have a good car, but not the best from that specific range... not so many will realise that, but you can't argue that your lower model can be more special than the top model.. sometimes you'll pay the price for the exclusivity and performance! And in Europe you'll also be able to test its high speed legally, on the motorway (Germany more precise) 😉
Congrats for the XB7 owners from my side for a proper vision of the upper performance full size suv market!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 07:30 PM   #51
Angelo_GraysonMiniBMW
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3,2020 Land Cruiser

Yikes! I always find it bizarre how people go crazy over trim levels. If someone likes a trim level that doesn’t make sense to another person, is it really going to change your life one way or another? These debates are mind boggling when you are fighting over something that matters to know one. Life is short, people starving, struggling all over the World with real world problems. Just be lucky you’re not the person my wife’s diagnosing with Cancer every single hour of the day. Promise you, if you had a disease, all this arguing about what trim level is better would be the last thing you’d care about. If my neighbor buys a Prius or whatever ugly car, I’m certainly not going to dog them over it. Live life and be happy for anyone who’s doing well. Not arguing over mundane things as this thread has turned into. Geez, rich people should be ashamed. Making all of us who are doing well look bad. Cheers 🍻
Appreciate 0