BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Can 'Adaptive' driving mode be set as default mode?

11-22-2019, 12:10 PM   #1
Waise
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Can 'Adaptive' driving mode be set as default mode?

I have owned my X7 40i for four months. I do have the adaptive suspension option.

Can the default "Comfort" operating mode be changed to "Adaptive" as default?

Adaptive is the mode we drive the car. Every time the car is shutdown, it goes to 'Comfort' mode.

Also I wonder why the car settings like driving mode does not get saved with driver profile.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 12:51 PM   #2
toddwalton
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 - 2024 G26

The answer is, unfortunately, 'no'.

In my X7 I hit the Sport button each and every time I start it up. Lowers the suspension, reduces body roll, and disables the annoying Auto Start Stop feature.

Another annoyance is that if you put your radio in Favorites mode all the time it won't remember that either, puts you back to FM or XM every time. Prior gen iDrive systems could remember the last state for the entertainment system, far better.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 01:00 PM   #3
homerrr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirwaise View Post
I have owned my X7 40i for four months. I do have the adaptive suspension option.

Can the default "Comfort" operating mode be changed to "Adaptive" as default?

Adaptive is the mode we drive the car. Every time the car is shutdown, it goes to 'Comfort' mode.

Also I wonder why the car settings like driving mode does not get saved with driver profile.
You can code it to startup in whichever mode you want. I use esys. Not sure what Istep you have and if you can use BimmerCode in expert mode for it.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 05:04 PM   #4
Waise
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddwalton View Post
The answer is, unfortunately, 'no'.

In my X7 I hit the Sport button each and every time I start it up. Lowers the suspension, reduces body roll, and disables the annoying Auto Start Stop feature.

Another annoyance is that if you put your radio in Favorites mode all the time it won't remember that either, puts you back to FM or XM every time. Prior gen iDrive systems could remember the last state for the entertainment system, far better.
Thanks for sharing. I did not know Sport mode also disables the annoying Start/Stop feature that I hate...

These guys need to do lots of software bug and feature fixes
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 05:11 PM   #5
Waise
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerrr View Post
You can code it to startup in whichever mode you want. I use esys. Not sure what Istep you have and if you can use BimmerCode in expert mode for it.
Homerr I wouldn't know where to start.

My X7 installed software version is 7/2019.39
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 10:10 PM   #6
homerrr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waise View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by homerrr View Post
Homerr I wouldn't know where to start.

My X7 installed software version is 7/2019.39
You can wait for the App BimmerCode to support it, or google "coding no request" which will bring you to a site that I found was a great start to understand esys, a software program to use for coding. Let me know if you have questions after that and I'll be glad to help.
Appreciate 0