F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > F32 420d M Sport Auto
proTUNING Freaks

10-20-2013, 10:31 AM   #1
PrinceBarin
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 CP (sold)

F32 420d M Sport Auto

Barely 18 months after taking delivery of my F30, I have ordered my F32. I would add that I have absolutely loved the F30 but I always wanted a coupe so I took the F30 on a 2yr lease knowing the Coupe would be out by the time it was up.

It won't take a maths degree to work out that it will be 6 months until I take delivery (1 May to be precise) but by ordering early I've got a great deal. Here is the spec:

420d M Sport
Mineral Grey (again)
Black leather interior
Brushed aluminium/black inserts
Sport Auto
442M M Sport wheels (19 inch)
M Sport adaptive dampers
HUD
Business navigation (std on M Sport)
Enhanced BT
HK sound system
Heated steering wheel
Elec folding mirrors
Elec memory seats

Couldn't stretch to pro Nav or M Sport brakes but I can easily live without them.

I have wrestled with interior and exterior colour choices but EB II is too bold for business use and my other choice, Glacier Silver, is just too light for my taste.

The MG exterior leaves me tempted to get a coral red interior but the BMW shade seems a bit too bright & shouty to me - if it was a little darker I'd option it in a heartbeat.

Anyway, far too long to wait but I'm looking forward to posting some pics when she finally arrives.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 10:46 AM   #2
SomeRandomer123
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Luxury - Sport Auto

Sounds fantastic! MG is a great colour on the 4 Series too, especially with those 19"ers!

Gone: 2006 BMW E60 520d SE 6MT
Gone: 2009 BMW E90-LCI 330d SE 6MT
Current: 2012 F30 328i Luxury 8AT
On Order: 2015 Audi A6 Avant Ultra, Black Edition (sorry!)
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 12:17 PM   #3
davyk31
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS :-) & F40 M135i

So what kind of deal did you get on it?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 12:23 PM   #4
ukbeemerboy
Beemer Heaven
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31 View Post
So what kind of deal did you get on it?
I'd be interested in this too as BMW aren't offering anything on them at the moment. Sounds a nice car though, personally I would of had to have Pro Nav over some of the other options but it's all personal choices

2018 BMW M4 Competition
2019 Mini Countryman Cooper S : 2008 Mini Cooper
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 12:31 PM   #5
PrinceBarin
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Company car deal - the prices rise periodically so, if I order in, say, January, it'll be more expensive than today's quote. Admittedly, that's probably more to do with their costs (finance, insurance, maintenance etc) than the retail price on the car.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 12:52 PM   #6
Nick the Greek
Banned
France
Rep
Drives: M135i. I don't do diesel.

Quote:
EB II is too bold for business use

Are you in undertaking?

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 02:26 PM   #7
ukbeemerboy
Beemer Heaven
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick the Greek View Post

Are you in undertaking?

No, I understand this... Our Estoril F30 isn't exactly discrete unlike my Sapphire Black E90....

2018 BMW M4 Competition
2019 Mini Countryman Cooper S : 2008 Mini Cooper
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 02:35 PM   #8
PrinceBarin
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick the Greek
Quote:
EB II is too bold for business use

Are you in undertaking?

ha ha. Love EB so hope I didn't offend but if I start rolling up to client meetings in an EB 4 series they'll start asking for discounts!

The grey is a touch more discreet.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 02:42 PM   #9
Alkidrew
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 325d M Sport GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukbeemerboy View Post
I'd be interested in this too as BMW aren't offering anything on them at the moment. Sounds a nice car though, personally I would of had to have Pro Nav over some of the other options but it's all personal choices
I agree, lose the HUD and HK (in that order )before losing pro nav
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 02:58 PM   #10
PrinceBarin
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkidrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukbeemerboy View Post
I agree, lose the HUD and HK (in that order )before losing pro nav
Thanks both - this is interesting and I'd be keen to hear the case for Pro Nav (there's still time to change)...

I have HK in my current car and wouldn't swap it - I listen to a lot of music in my car.

As for HUD, I've ordered it because: (i) everyone who has it seems to love it; (ii) I like the safety aspect; (iii) it's the coolest thing I can imagine in a car short of an ejector seat and bonnet mounted cannons!

I don't drive many unknown routes so NAV doesn't feel too valuable to me, but it comes with business Nav which is a bonus and I presume I will get the directions via HUD.

So, other than the cooler looking larger screen with dual-display, and a 20gb hard drive, I'm not sure what I'm missing (oh and some funky connected drive features).
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 03:44 PM   #11
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i on order

Thanks love the nav, the screen is awesome! But having said that it is an expensive option. I did call bmw the other week and got them to find and add the destination to the satnav which was fantastic or seems a bit of a gimmick but if you often find yourself needing to re route while on the road its an invaluable feature.

Extras are very much a personal choice and it's seems your happy with yours and they suit your needs so why get drawn in to the shopping list war

Gone but not forgotten - F80 m3 Comp, F30 340i, F30 - 320i
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 05:25 PM   #12
mproudfoot
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d F31 M Sport

Pro Nav was top of my list and I considered the HUD a bit of a toy - it's nice/cool but all the info is on your dash/instrument cluster anyway. I'd certainly have liked the HK but the BMW Advanced Speaker system sounds perfectly fine to my ears and I don't drive without my music.

I've not had my F31 long but have found the Pro Nav to be very useful indeed. In the past week, I've sent various directions to the car straight from Google on my laptop, I've used Glympse on my phone through iDrive during a long drive home so the Mrs could see where I was/when I was going to arrive and for me, split screen with Nav/Map and Entertainmet (Album art/track info) is mandatory.. I can't imagine having to use a smaller/lower res screen for this.

With pro media, you can also code Enhanced Bluetooth for the cost of a cable (rather than the £350 or whatever BMW charge now) and though I was skeptical about its usefulness initially, I must admit, it's great having two phones connected (taking calls through either) and on shorter drives, not having to connect my phone to the armrest, just leaving it in my pocket and yet still music/album art through BT.

Must admit, I haven't used a lot of the other Pro Media features much - I did play about to get the latest news headlines and local weather on the display and the M LapTimer app is fun although again, a bit of a toy. BMW Remote is a bit naff with the commands (flash lights, lock/unlock etc) taking a few mins to action after sending them from my phone but perhaps it'll be useful one day.
Appreciate 0