BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Is BimmerCode app a scam?

05-07-2024, 01:31 PM   #1
DaMoose
Rep
Drives: GMC Denali, Chevy Corvette

Is BimmerCode app a scam?

Recently purchased the BimmerCode app and a Veepeak ODB bluetooth reader. I tried to disable the auto start stop function and it didn't work. I then tried to enable the drive mode memory so that it would remember the last driving mode I was in at the next start up. That didn't work either. This is for a 2022 X7 40i. Anyone have success with this? Feeling kind of ripped off right now. Or am doing something wrong.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2024, 01:37 PM   #2
Orient330iNYC
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

wrong obd reader. the veepeak only supports coding up to the F series chassis.
i would do ethernet cable, the bluetooth dongles are super slow.
see here:
https://bimmercode.app/adapters/

under each adapter it tells you what series is supported. X7 is a G chassis
Past: 2019 G01 M40i ZDA/2VF/ZPP/ZPX/688/3AC
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2024, 01:53 PM   #3
DaMoose
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orient330iNYC View Post
wrong obd reader. the veepeak only supports coding up to the F series chassis.
i would do ethernet cable, the bluetooth dongles are super slow.
see here:
https://bimmercode.app/adapters/

under each adapter it tells you what series is supported. X7 is a G chassis
Ok thanks. I just ordered the OBDLink CX one made for bimmercode. Were you able to successfully use the bimmercode app to deactivate the auto start stop? I seem to be reading mixed reviews on if it will successfully work or not.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2024, 02:15 PM   #4
DaMoose
Rep

When I was using the Veepeak obd reader, the app did say some of the functions were not available with that obd reader. But the auto start stop was not one of them and it allowed me to go through the coding process. Just didn't change anything when I tried starting and driving the car, even though it said it was successful with the coding, nothing changed. I'm not having much confidence it will work even with the new OBD dongle. Will see.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2024, 02:57 PM   #5
Orient330iNYC
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

depending on your current software level, disabling start stop might not be possible. my X7 is an LCI and not codeable. when i had my G01, i coded my default drive mode to sport individual and then set the modes there for drivetrain and suspension.

Last edited by Orient330iNYC; 05-07-2024 at 03:03 PM..
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2024, 02:59 PM   #6
gsobol
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i

Check your vehicle software version. BMW took the ability to disable Auto Start/Stop above version 03/2023.50. You can still code the default drive mode at startup, so if you select Sport or Sport Individual, then ASS is disabled in these modes anyway - that's the workaround.
Appreciate 2
      05-07-2024, 03:11 PM   #7
DaMoose
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsobol View Post
Check your vehicle software version. BMW took the ability to disable Auto Start/Stop above version 03/2023.50. You can still code the default drive mode at startup, so if you select Sport or Sport Individual, then ASS is disabled in these modes anyway - that's the workaround.
I have been driving around in Sport mode and just changed most of the settings to comfort. If I can set the default start up mode to be in Sport, I would be fine with that. I did try to turn on the memory feature on in the BimmerCode setting of ASS to remember the last mode I was in, but when I get back in the car and start it, it's right back in Comfort mode even though I had it in Sport when I turned the car off. I need the new dongle to arrive so I can access more of the BimmerCode options. Hopefully I can set start up to default to Sport mode and be done.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2024, 03:33 PM   #8
Orient330iNYC
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

BDC can only be coded with the odblink adapters (i have the MX). i had one of the cheaper dongles from my F platform car and couldnt code BDC on my g01.the MX could but be warned it is slow. ethernet is much faster and much more stable.

Default driving mode
The standard driving mode that is activated when the car is started.

Values:
ADAPTIVE
COMFORT
COMFORT INDIVIDUAL
COMFORT+
ECO PRO
ECO PRO INDIVIDUAL
ECO PRO+
ELECTRIC
ELECTRIC INDIVIDUAL
HYBRID
HYBRID ECO
SPORT
SPORT (Hybrid)
SPORT INDIVIDUAL
SPORT INDIVIDUAL (Hybrid)
Requirements:
“Body Domain Controller” BDC_BODY3 control unit
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2024, 07:57 PM   #9
DaMoose
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orient330iNYC View Post
BDC can only be coded with the odblink adapters (i have the MX). i had one of the cheaper dongles from my F platform car and couldnt code BDC on my g01.the MX could but be warned it is slow. ethernet is much faster and much more stable.

Default driving mode
The standard driving mode that is activated when the car is started.

Values:
ADAPTIVE
COMFORT
COMFORT INDIVIDUAL
COMFORT+
ECO PRO
ECO PRO INDIVIDUAL
ECO PRO+
ELECTRIC
ELECTRIC INDIVIDUAL
HYBRID
HYBRID ECO
SPORT
SPORT (Hybrid)
SPORT INDIVIDUAL
SPORT INDIVIDUAL (Hybrid)
Requirements:
“Body Domain Controller” BDC_BODY3 control unit
Exactly my experience. It wouldn't let me access that part and gave me a message that it is not available with the Veepeak dongle I was using. I will try with the new one when it arrives. Hopefully all goes well. Thanks for your help.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2024, 10:18 PM   #10
DaMoose
Rep

My OBDLink CX arrived. Amazon is crazy fast. I ordered it earlier today and a few hours later its delivered.

Anyway, I went out and tried it. I changed the default driving mode to Sport Individual and it seems to be working correctly. Thanks to everyone for your help and to Orient33iNYC for directing me in the right direction.

Also, now since I have the bimmercode app and the OBDLink CX adapter, is there any other things or settings you guys would recommend I should consider changing? I disabled the seatbelt chimes. But I'm open to any other suggestions if you guys have any.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 04:15 PM   #11
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Why not just go down the list of coding parameters and select the ones that YOU would like?

Just click this link below to go directly to all of the coding parameters for the BMW G07 X7 (pre LCI)...click on the heading (they are in alphabetical order) and you can see what can be coded and it also tells you which module the coding can be found...and some of them have additional links for what adapter you need to do the coding: https://bimmercode.app/cars/g07/

Make a list and jot down which ones that suit what you would like to code...then you can go to that module and select.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:15 PM   #12
DaMoose
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Why not just go down the list of coding parameters and select the ones that YOU would like?

Just click this link below to go directly to all of the coding parameters for the BMW G07 X7 (pre LCI)...click on the heading (they are in alphabetical order) and you can see what can be coded and it also tells you which module the coding can be found...and some of them have additional links for what adapter you need to do the coding: https://bimmercode.app/cars/g07/

Make a list and jot down which ones that suit what you would like to code...then you can go to that module and select.
Thanks. I didn't want to spend too much time in the app while connected to the car because I was nervous about something timing out or getting interrupted. Just the couple things I did seemed to take a long time, and because of that I felt like I was rushing myself to get it done. Probably just my own inexperience. Thanks for the link, that should be helpful.
Appreciate 0