F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Upgrading Pads & Bushings?
Extreme Powerhouse

06-29-2016, 07:21 PM   #1
Tchao
Boost Addict
Rep
Drives: E30, E82, F30, F87

Upgrading Pads & Bushings?

Hi guys,

Wondering if there are upgraded bushings available for our cars yet? I only found BimmerWorld's delrin rear sub bushings.
I want to tighten up the car, as the car is super loose, with delayed response when turning at high speeds. Its getting annoying

Also pads, I want EBC Reds or similar, like Hawk HPS-5.0 but can only find OE style or CoolCarbons for 335i brakes (nonMsport), anyone know of any good cold bite, low dusting pad?

Thanks,
-San
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2016, 11:28 AM   #2
Orion4
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sport Line Sedan

According to Hawk's website, they now carry the ceramics for the 335i (this is the 2013 search). I put these in my 2009 335i in 2011 and was very pleased with their performance, low dust and quietness.

Performance Ceramic - Luxury & Touring Compound

Rear Brake Pad

Pad Description:

- Extremely quiet–engineered to reduce brake NVH (Noise, Vibration and Harshness) - Increased stopping power - Increased rotor life - Extended pad life - Ultra-low dust - Stable friction output - Ideal for import and domestic sports cars and 
luxury cars, sport trucks, vans and SUVs with light towing and hauling duty

Part#: HB624Z.642
$111.28

More details

Front Brake Pad

Pad Description:

- Extremely quiet–engineered to reduce brake NVH (Noise, Vibration and Harshness) - Increased stopping power - Increased rotor life - Extended pad life - Ultra-low dust - Stable friction output - Ideal for import and domestic sports cars and 

Part#: HB551Z.748
$144.21
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2016, 12:08 PM   #3
CruzM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 "Velocity Edition"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion4 View Post
According to Hawk's website, they now carry the ceramics for the 335i (this is the 2013 search). I put these in my 2009 335i in 2011 and was very pleased with their performance, low dust and quietness.

Rear Brake Pad

Pad Description:

Part#: HB624Z.642
$111.28

More details

Front Brake Pad

Pad Description:

Part#: HB551Z.748
$144.21
I think he is talking about suspension bushings not brake pads
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2016, 01:07 PM   #4
Orion4
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sport Line Sedan

The second part of his post deals with brake pads
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2016, 01:14 PM   #5
CruzM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 "Velocity Edition"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion4
The second part of his post deals with brake pads
Sorry...somehow missed that.
2016 328i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2016, 05:44 PM   #6
CRJdriver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 & F82

EBC and Hawk are meh.

StopTech Sport (not street) works on the street, work on the track x4 20 minute session with repeated aggressive stop from 140+ (auto club speedway) no fade, pedal stayed the same (rbf600).

At the end of the day it was my P Zero (rear chunked) that gave up not the brakes. (running brembo with dimple slotted rotors) at a 100+ degree track temp. I brake 50 feet later then CCB M's.

And they cost $120 couldn't ask for more really.
Only downside is I decided my wheels were going to be black, due to high dust.

If you actually follow the bedding procedure (nail them hard 10-20 times from 60+ to 5mph but don't stop after install) prepare to have ur face pull off.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2016, 11:34 PM   #7
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchao View Post
one know of any good cold bite, low dusting pad?

Thanks,
-San

That's like having a high mpg 500hp car, or a good handling truck, or a subaru that doesn't understeer. It's physically impossible. Clean your wheels. Be happy.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2016, 10:56 AM   #8
Tchao
Boost Addict
Rep
Drives: E30, E82, F30, F87

I use to run EBC Yellow and HP+ for street pads, Im too familiar with wheel cleaning

Was hoping to move towards a more street friendly pad on the F30, without compromising the cold bite. Not worried about fading on the street. If I track, I'll toss in track pads.
Thanks for the suggestions guys.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2016, 03:25 PM   #9
CRJdriver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 & F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchao
I use to run EBC Yellow and HP+ for street pads, Im too familiar with wheel cleaning

Was hoping to move towards a more street friendly pad on the F30, without compromising the cold bite. Not worried about fading on the street. If I track, I'll toss in track pads.
Thanks for the suggestions guys.
u need ceramic pads for virtually no dust I have a pair of 90% oem brembo pads if u want them let me know
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 07:24 PM   #10
DVC
Diligentia Vis Celeritas
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchao View Post
Wondering if there are upgraded bushings available for our cars yet? I only found BimmerWorld's delrin rear sub bushings.
I want to tighten up the car, as the car is super loose, with delayed response when turning at high speeds. Its getting annoying
The Bimmerworld rear subframe bushings are well worth the upgrade in my opinion (see my review here - post #5) ... pair them with sway bars if you haven't already upgraded those, as both rear subframe bushings and rear sway bars require dropping the rear subframe, which is a big job.

Otherwise, there's not much out there yet for bushing upgrades. I swapped out front lower control arms (or "wishbones" in BMW speak) to the F8x parts, which have a bearing instead of soft rubber bushing... not to mention they provide additional negative camber ... info here

And then there's the Dinan monoball kit to retrofit into the thrust arms. I haven't pulled the trigger on these yet, but intend to shortly, as the stock rubber Tension Strut bushings appear to be a huge source of compliance - particularly under heavy braking. This kit is pricey, but it looks to be a very well-designed and machined system, so you get what you pay for.

Last edited by DVC; 09-23-2016 at 09:51 AM..
Appreciate 1