European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

08-05-2015, 02:09 AM   #133
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yaz M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnitBobby View Post

RS3 definitely looks better, but the Golf R seems like a slightly better drive
Wow, surprising. I'd love a Golf R in 6 speed manual to keep around as a fun daily.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2015, 03:53 PM   #134
Capt Crunch
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mephiska View Post
I daily drive an STI. It's a tough cross-shop, and given that the current STI is sedan only, that's reasonable. Were I to be shopping now, if I could afford the extra $6k I'd get the S3 for comfort alone.

Maybe I'm just too old for it, but the STI is a tough car to commute with on a daily basis, at least in my area with the freeway road quality. The road noise is just overwhelming, and I end up turning up the stereo too high to compensate leaving my ears buzzing when I arrive at work.
Coming from an ex-STI owner, add on the fact that the engine is literally more than 15 years old. I don't know how Subaru gets away with putting such old tech in a car and not raising the bar year after year. The STI has had 300 hp for 11 years. It's price has gone up from $30K to over $40K. It's never been a fantastic drive, with handfuls of understeer during it's entire life.

When it came out, the STIs ate mustangs for breakfast. Now, it competes with a stripper M235 on price :/.
Appreciate 0