BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum What are some must haves for the X7?

06-24-2020, 04:59 PM   #67
theboosh
Rep
Drives: 23 XM,64MGB,64Morris,60JagMk2,

Yes, that's a tray which I have. What is needed is the full floor/up the sides/up the seat backs canvas liner. Will post pics when the custom piece I ordered arrives.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 11:18 PM   #68
groove1
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X740i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomoM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
We got the iPad holders the kids really enjoy it and with travel comfort system they look really custom.
Thanks for posting a pic. I've been wondering how it would look.

How is the vibration with the travel comfort set up? Can the kids in car seats still touch/use their iPads while strapped in?
Quote:
Quote:
We got the iPad holders the kids really enjoy it and with travel comfort system they look really custom.
Thanks for posting a pic. I've been wondering how it would look.

How is the vibration with the travel comfort set up? Can the kids in car seats still touch/use their iPads while strapped in?
Sorry for the late reply but no issues with vibration. The seats fully adjustable so my kids have no issues but they are older 9&13.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2020, 11:19 AM   #69
Crimsonboz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7

Quote:
I did not get the Dynamic handling package because I use my X7 for a family hauler, so don't plan to throw this big SUV around corners.
Bull crap, we know on the way home with Chick-fil-A you’re torching the corners of your neighborhood.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2020, 07:35 PM   #70
Heimdall
The Centurion
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M40i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenew3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboosh View Post
FULL rear cargo cover (3rd row seats down).
That's standard equipment. At least in the US.
It's stored under the rear load floor in the space where the spare tire would go.
Could you please share a picture or the part#.
I've been pulling my hair trying to find a Matt 3rd row down.
Only seen one with X5
      07-04-2020, 07:45 PM   #71
Heimdall
The Centurion
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by masmole View Post
And this is precisely why the RSE has no value for me. My kids are 4 and 6. I have no need or desire to give them ANY control over interior illumination, vehicle speakers, maps, or any other vehicle systems, nor do they even care about any of that. They just want the same iPads they use at home, and all the games and same educational apps they use at the iPads they use at school and pre-K, and movies they stream from kids Netflix profiles, and movie library from the Infuse app that gets synced to our media server at home. In that regard and for my kids' purposes, the iPads are far more versatile and capable than the RSE. Like someone said, for me the X7 will not be an executive vehicle where an adult will be sitting back there ever. Just my small kids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 760Lifan View Post
Fair enough.

I'm just happy that BMW offers a system that actually has a system-integration. For me, as a tech-geek with no kids at all, this system is simply something special.

On a vehicle like the X7, it's all about options and the RSE on the X7 is one that actually deserves to be on such a vehicle and has a far better value than the those of many competitors.
I actually agree with BOTH of you. I also have a 4 and 6 year old with another arriving late summer and I absolutely would add the Rear Seat Entertainment (6FH) as a must have.

Reason is you can connect whatever Amazon, Google, Roku stick to the HDMI port and watch the same stuff you would at home AND have control of what they're watching. If Apple ever made an AppleTV stick that would work too - you probably could as its only limitation is AC power. The X7 has its own wifi hotspot so even better. Kinda easier and more controlling than handing them their iPads even with Screen Time. You can disable/limit the RSEs functionality back there too.

BUT, you can't order Rear Seat Entertainment (6FH) on the 2021 X7 anymore so that is why I can't add it to my order. This is presumably due to some major Covid-related supply chain constraint issues, yada yada. They also killed Night Vision. Such a bummer.

But I am warming up to the idea that despite RSE not being available in 2021 the kids will be perfectly alright with their iPad Mini holders. Also, as the kids get older I'm guessing they'll definitely want to watch their own iPad in a few years.
Breach for a car seat nightmare if you're planning on setting them all in the second row.
And if not and you'll actually use the 3rd row you'd better make sure you have that towing hitch sorted out.

Either way it's a great vehicle and have the most legroom in the second and third row while having car seats mounted.

if you'd like I can share my experience with the 3 seats in the second row.

I'm exactly in the same shoes 6,4, years and 8 weeks. And not towing hitch and bicycles don't come along until I fix the issue.
      07-04-2020, 07:52 PM   #72
adamjs83
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5, 2020 X7

Garage List
2020 X7  [0.00]
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post

I'm exactly in the same shoes 6,4, years and 8 weeks. And not towing hitch and bicycles don't come along until I fix the issue.
I'd love to hear. We're about a month out on delivery of our X7 with bench replacing a van. Kids are almost 7, 5 and 3. Planning to put them 3 across in the 2nd row, same as I do on my X5. I tested the seats out in an X7 at the dealership and it seemed like a pretty easy fit.
2019 BMW X5 xdrive40i Mineral White
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2020, 08:04 PM   #73
Heimdall
The Centurion
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjs83 View Post
Quote:

I'd love to hear. We're about a month out on delivery of our X7 with bench replacing a van. Kids are almost 7, 5 and 3. Planning to put them 3 across in the 2nd row, same as I do on my X5. I tested the seats out in an X7 at the dealership and it seemed like a pretty easy fit.
Now I'm interested to know you're setup and choice of car seats.

I went with Peg-Perego on the sides -still waiting for second one to arrive " Isofix and reclining Seats at all times with no adjustments required for reclining" and baby jogger city go with a base in the 2nd row middle seat.
      07-04-2020, 08:44 PM   #74
adamjs83
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 X7  [0.00]
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I went with Peg-Perego on the sides -still waiting for second one to arrive " Isofix and reclining Seats at all times with no adjustments required for reclining" and baby jogger city go with a base in the 2nd row middle seat.
In the X5 I have a Diono Radion 3R on each of the left and right second row seats for my 3 and 5 year olds using isofix. The oldest is in a booster in the middle. Originally I tried a Maxi Cosi RodiFix but there was something funny with the shoulder belt feed and it was never tightening itself and would just hang loose. I swapped for a Peg Perego Viaggo which is a tighter fit in the middle but my son is still able to buckle himself.

I am keeping this setup in the X5 so I would like to be able to use the car seats we have from our Sienna which the X7 is replacing. Chicco Myfits on the outboard seats with a Chicco Kidfit booster in the middle. I tested this setup at the dealer in an X7 and it seems to fit but it may be difficult for the child in the booster to buckle himself. Worst case I will experiment with a narrower booster or swapping one of Myfits for a new Radion but generally the concept works.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 09:34 PM   #75
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i | M2 CS | X5 35i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

In the X5 I have a Diono Radion 3R on each of the left and right second row seats for my 3 and 5 year olds using isofix. The oldest is in a booster in the middle. Originally I tried a Maxi Cosi RodiFix but there was something funny with the shoulder belt feed and it was never tightening itself and would just hang loose. I swapped for a Peg Perego Viaggo which is a tighter fit in the middle but my son is still able to buckle himself.

I am keeping this setup in the X5 so I would like to be able to use the car seats we have from our Sienna which the X7 is replacing. Chicco Myfits on the outboard seats with a Chicco Kidfit booster in the middle. I tested this setup at the dealer in an X7 and it seems to fit but it may be difficult for the child in the booster to buckle himself. Worst case I will experiment with a narrower booster or swapping one of Myfits for a new Radion but generally the concept works.
This works in your X5 now? Have any pics?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 07:15 AM   #76
adamjs83
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 X7  [0.00]
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
3 across in the X5, just barely fits. I tested in the dealer with an X7 and it's an easy fit. I took the photo with a wide angle lense just to get everything to fit so it may look a little weird.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
MomoM3981.00
Heimdall136.50
      07-06-2020, 08:04 PM   #77
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i | M2 CS | X5 35i

Quote:
Quote:
3 across in the X5, just barely fits. I tested in the dealer with an X7 and it's an easy fit. I took the photo with a wide angle lense just to get everything to fit so it may look a little weird.
Very helpful, thank you. I'm sure the X7 will be way more comfortable.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 09:45 PM   #78
Heimdall
The Centurion
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
This is my setup
Waiting for the other Peg Perego to replace the graco.
You can see how the cup holder is hindering the access for the middle infant seat
Attached Images

08-09-2020, 07:34 PM   #79
Heimdall
The Centurion
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Where'd you get your peg Perego from
My seat arrived broken and I'm looking again for another one.
      08-09-2020, 07:57 PM   #80
adamjs83
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 X7  [0.00]
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Amazon.

My friend things this one works even better in the middle. Big Kid Amp High Back 2-in-1 Belt-Positioning Booster, Sprocket https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AJSIVWW..._mTjmFbT0874ZH with this https://www.seatbeltextenderpros.com...belt-extender/
Appreciate 1
Heimdall136.50
      08-09-2020, 08:04 PM   #81
Heimdall
The Centurion
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Amazon.

My friend things this one works even better in the middle. Big Kid Amp High Back 2-in-1 Belt-Positioning Booster, Sprocket https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AJSIVWW..._mTjmFbT0874ZH with this https://www.seatbeltextenderpros.com...belt-extender/
Highly appreciated
Yet my issue lays in the sides and being Rigid isofix.
The center is booked for the infant for base size consideration.
      08-31-2020, 03:36 AM   #82
datthanh270896
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 xDrive40i

Top must-haves for us:
-HUD (It's huge with so much info and even map display, highly recommended)
-Parking assistance package (though the automation is slow and makes me pray to God every times I bet my luck on it, the camera systems are quite useful, especially the side ones and the surround view)
-Running board (though I'm debating whether to replace it with some retractable one)
-Trailer hitch (though I didn't get it because it said it would disable the foot kick function, and it looks like a chipped tooth from behind)
-Driver Assistance Pro Package (though ETJA is still in its infancy and also only available below 40mph. The Active Drving Assist Pro is very crucial, especially the ACC and evasion assistance)

Nice to have:
-Rear manual side Window shade
-Remote Engine start (Mostly for show-off, I admit)
-Glass Control (it screams luxury)
-Leather dashboard
-Gesture Control (show-off part deux)
-Heated and Cooled Cupholder

Side note: I actually prefer Venasca over Merino just for the sufficient luxurious feel (except the Black one, it's aesthetically cheap and unpleasant) but minimal need for maintenance.
Appreciate 2
Heimdall136.50
Starry1.50