E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England > Favorite Boston metro area restaurants?

03-25-2016, 07:27 AM   #23
Darkshines629
Private
Rep
Drives: Awesome car

Big Fresh Cafe in Natick, on Rt. 9.
Awesome falafel wraps. Lunch runs about $12-14.

Gene's Flatbread Cafe in Woburn, on Main St.
Northern Chinese (I think) homemade flat noodles. Lunch about $10-12.

Bancroft in Burlington, on Third Ave.
Probably the nicest new restaurant in the area. Mostly steaks/American. Pricey.

No problems with parking at any of the above...it's the burbs.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2016, 08:11 AM   #24
MetsFan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 G37x

Garage List
2007 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
Capital Grille in Burlington. We went there once for our anniversary and haven't gone to another steak house. Granted, we haven't really tried any other steak houses. It's pricey though. Expect to pay around $200 for 2. There is plenty of parking available.

On the other end of the spectrum, I really like Anna's in Porter Square. They make a pretty authentic burrito and you'll come out spending less than $10.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2016, 08:19 AM   #25
jhah135
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan View Post
Capital Grille in Burlington. We went there once for our anniversary and haven't gone to another steak house. Granted, we haven't really tried any other steak houses. It's pricey though. Expect to pay around $200 for 2. There is plenty of parking available.

On the other end of the spectrum, I really like Anna's in Porter Square. They make a pretty authentic burrito and you'll come out spending less than $10.
Capital grille is ehh. If you're OK with spending that much i recommend grill 23 in back bay. Good luck with parking though...
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2016, 09:11 AM   #26
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Capital Grille is great but expensive. But it's not just about the food you are paying to be there. They have a great party for the Marathon. Good place to go if you want to rub shoulders with people with $$$. You can also see local celebrities etc. there.

I only end up going because it is across from LL Bean and I love their life time warranty. So after spending way to much money on clothes I then top it off with their largest steak and some martinis.

It's also a great day drinking spot if you can afford it.

But as far as steak houses you can do better or equal and spend less. But not that much less. I find it's the drinks where they screw you. I think my stoli martinis are like $15 each. I can buy a full handle for what I pay for 3 drinks at the bar. So yeah, it's pricey.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2016, 09:27 AM   #27
zero2sixtyZ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 + f15

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
But as far as steak houses you can do better or equal and spend less. But not that much less. I find it's the drinks where they screw you. I think my stoli martinis are like $15 each. I can buy a full handle for what I pay for 3 drinks at the bar. So yeah, it's pricey.
That BBK would've bought you a lot of Stoli martinis.

Also, +1 on Bancroft. Redstone proved to be good eats next door as well. Never was a huge fan of Capital Grille.

If I want to increase my cholesterol over red meat, the place to go is Fogo de Chao in Copley. Brazilian Steakhouse. Expect to spend $50+ person just on food, but it's worth it. Parking sucks around there, so find a nice garage: 500 Boylston garage or ones near Back Bay station are good parking choices. Keep in mind, peer pressure sucks here. If one person still has their signal on green, you probably won't say no to more filet.

In that area, huge fan of Post 390, Sorellina, Mistral, Precinct, and Lolitas. You'll have to suck up the city pricing, Jon.

Last edited by zero2sixtyZ; 03-25-2016 at 09:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2016, 09:35 AM   #28
Hadley
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M Sport

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero2sixtyZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
And the latest plaid gear from ll bean
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2016, 09:39 AM   #29
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero2sixtyZ View Post
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2016, 09:45 AM   #30
MetsFan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 G37x

Garage List
2007 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
I really don't go into Boston except for the Chocolate Bar at Cafe Fleuri once or twice a year. That's another good spot I forgot to mention. It's about $35 per person but it's all you can eat dessert basically. It's Saturday brunch only.

I'll have to check out some other steak houses in the area. I do love the Capital Grille's lobster mac & cheese though. My mouth is watering just thinking about their porcini rubbed ribeye with aged balsamic I had a couple of weeks back...
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2016, 01:07 PM   #31
Down_Shift
Captain
Rep
Drives: Slay

Fogo's not worth it. Unless you really really can just eat straight up meat. Service is pretty good though. I live a block away, so I've just walked. There is plenty of 2 hour parking spots. Weekends are not timed.

I met a e90 member there, dude is a server there (guy that cuts the meat at your table)
Vaguely remember he had a bagged e90. He saw my keys and we got talking.
Forgot his name though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero2sixtyZ View Post

Also, +1 on Bancroft. Redstone proved to be good eats next door as well. Never was a huge fan of Capital Grille.

If I want to increase my cholesterol over red meat, the place to go is Fogo de Chao in Copley. Brazilian Steakhouse. Expect to spend $50+ person just on food, but it's worth it. Parking sucks around there, so find a nice garage: 500 Boylston garage or ones near Back Bay station are good parking choices. Keep in mind, peer pressure sucks here. If one person still has their signal on green, you probably won't say no to more filet.

In that area, huge fan of Post 390, Sorellina, Mistral, Precinct, and Lolitas. You'll have to suck up the city pricing, Jon.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2016, 12:21 PM   #32
M_Dennis87
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: SOLD:'12 E91 rwd 6mt | '01 Z3M

Porcini's in Watertown
Mediterranean Italian

Linda's Donuts in Belmont
homemade donuts & breakfast sandwiches

Greg's Restaurant in Watertown
old school American-Italian dive
cheap food and strong drinks
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 12:09 PM   #33
mxchris727
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 M5, '06 325i, '12 M3

Another great down low place is Yvonne's in Downtown Crossing. Really classy atmoshphere and awesome drinks. I stop in often as I work right down the street at Post Office Square.
      04-01-2016, 04:20 PM   #34
SLOWER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhah135 View Post
Capital grille is ehh. If you're OK with spending that much i recommend grill 23 in back bay. Good luck with parking though...
I disagree here. I think CG is way better than G23. Capital Grille is consistent where Grill 23 has been hit or miss for me.

I actually prefer Flemming's of the chain steak places.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2016, 08:06 PM   #35
jhah135
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOWER View Post
I disagree here. I think CG is way better than G23. Capital Grille is consistent where Grill 23 has been hit or miss for me.

I actually prefer Flemming's of the chain steak places.
Always been great for me. I concur about Flemming's.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2016, 11:08 AM   #36
gti6cyl
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi

If you want some authentic and sometimes *extreme flavor in your food try The East Coast Grille in Somerville, MA (Inman Square). Also great ice-cream and coffee shop abutting the restaurant at either end of East Cost. bon appetit!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2016, 05:30 PM   #37
zero2sixtyZ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 + f15

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gti6cyl
If you want some authentic and sometimes *extreme flavor in your food try The East Coast Grille in Somerville, MA (Inman Square). Also great ice-cream and coffee shop abutting the restaurant at either end of East Cost. bon appetit!
Christina's?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2016, 01:31 PM   #38
Rahul718
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 Comp 6mt

I like Fat Burger.

But you already knew that.
Appreciate 1
      04-08-2016, 02:03 PM   #39
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul718 View Post
I like Fat Burger.

But you already knew that.
who doesn't?

look at that GUNT!

i was honestly surprised to learn fat burger really is a chain a few years ago. I thought it was made up for the movie.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2016, 02:26 PM   #40
jor2cool4u
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: with 2 feet

Garage List
2009 BMW M5  [0.00]
2017 M240i xDrive  [0.00]
We had a discussion at work about best Ramen places in Boston and I thought I would share here

1) Yume Wo Katare - http://www.yumewokatare.com/
It’s an experience for sure - it’s as soon as you get off the redline at Porter Square. Go hungry too, the bowls are huge, by far the best ramen in the area.

2) Sapporo Ramen inside the Porter Square Exchange (1815 Mass Ave). Also a good place to pick up other tasty Japanese dishes from the other little eating spots there.

3) Sapporo Ramen (again) inside H-Mart in Central Square

4) There’s a ramen place in Harvard Square, right next to Grafton St Pub (on Mass Ave). Called ‘Santouka Hokkaido Ramen’. Haven’t eaten there.

5) Actually, Bon Me in Kendall does an excellent ramen bowl on the weekends. Go with your friends to the Friendly Toast, realize there’s an hour wait, then go around the corner and eat ramen.

6) Snappy Sushi in Davis turned themselves into Snappy Ramen. They have tomato soup ramen: really tasty.

7) Technically Oppa’s in Malden Center, but honestly I don’t think the ramen there is first-rate.

8) Santouka in Harvard Square
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2016, 05:05 PM   #41
kohlzor
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240xi

Sea port has some nice places. Empire has pretty good food and great lounge ambiance Thurs/Fri.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2016, 05:16 PM   #42
danny4327
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down_Shift View Post
Barcelona is mad good bro!

You guys got it all wrong.. the best place to eat in Boston is 88. You get all the food you want plus the bonus insects/rodents, you smell like oil when you leave, and you can possibly get a disease from sitting in the chairs. I still go though.
Parking- Great if you want to come out to find your car scraped up next to a chinese college student driving a Ferrari/GTR/Porsche.

joking aside..

Gas Light on the Ink Block.
French
~$100+ for 2 if you order your normals (app, entrees, drinks)
Parking is decent if you go during off hours. It's pretty horrible during peak times though.

Gourmet Dumpling House in Chinatown
Wannabe Taiwanese, IMO mostly chinese
~$60 + Drinks for 2
It's Chinatown, parking is always horrible.
I suggest getting take out here. I almost never wait for a table. Call in about 40 minutes ahead of time and grab 'n go.

Pad Thai Cafe over by Berklee College of Music
Cheap.. $24-30 bucks for 2
Not a real sit down restaurant, order up and take a seat. Parking is actually not that bad. IMO best Thai food in Boston and not overly priced.

Gaslight, I believe you're allowed to park at the parking lot next door if you tell them you're dining there. I've done this a few times.

I go to Chinatown pretty frequently but street parking is a pain.

Brown Sugar in Allston
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2016, 10:41 PM   #43
kohlzor
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor2cool4u View Post
that is very interesting...I had a totally different experience and I am like you I dislike Italian food and I did NOT like Giacamo's at all, but there are some people who rave about it....maybe I should give it a second chance
I lived in the North End for 3 years, and I agree with you I was not a fan of Giacamos.. My wife on the other hand loved it... never understood how people wait an hour to get a seat there! She would just get take out
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 10:25 AM   #44
Darkshines629
Private
Rep
Drives: Awesome car

My thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor2cool4u View Post
We had a discussion at work about best Ramen places in Boston and I thought I would share here

1) Yume Wo Katare - http://www.yumewokatare.com/
It’s an experience for sure - it’s as soon as you get off the redline at Porter Square. Go hungry too, the bowls are huge, by far the best ramen in the area. Agreed. This place is awesome...if you can stomach the line to get in.

2) Sapporo Ramen inside the Porter Square Exchange (1815 Mass Ave). Also a good place to pick up other tasty Japanese dishes from the other little eating spots there. I don't know what it is about this place but whenever I order anything but the house ramen, I always get the runs.

3) Sapporo Ramen (again) inside H-Mart in Central Square

4) There’s a ramen place in Harvard Square, right next to Grafton St Pub (on Mass Ave). Called ‘Santouka Hokkaido Ramen’. Haven’t eaten there. Highly overrated. They really try to sell the cool, trendy place, but the food doesn't stand up.

5) Actually, Bon Me in Kendall does an excellent ramen bowl on the weekends. Go with your friends to the Friendly Toast, realize there’s an hour wait, then go around the corner and eat ramen.

6) Snappy Sushi in Davis turned themselves into Snappy Ramen. They have tomato soup ramen: really tasty.

7) Technically Oppa’s in Malden Center, but honestly I don’t think the ramen there is first-rate.

8) Santouka in Harvard Square
Appreciate 0