04-05-2024, 06:46 AM   #353
chicagox7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Q7, 07 RDX, 23 X7 40i-soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsrs View Post
Interesting that BMW changed it to Vehicle Service Contract and not extended warranty anymore. On surface, sounds like less coverage but that doesnt go well with the massive price hike
Seems strange the price would go up so much for less coverage. I’d expect the opposite for that big of a difference.

Would be interested to understand the difference between the old and the new if anyone has looked at the contracts.

Also strange that this seemed to slip under the radar as so many on this forum seem to have inside intel and share it in advance.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2024, 07:24 AM   #354
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebmw0123 View Post
How did you get her to respond to your email? I sent her two emails and got no response.
We set up a new email addy vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com as time goes on the new team members will also have access to this so we can eventually reply faster.

Just send your vin, current miles, and what you’re looking to get a quote on to that address. If after 24 hours you don’t get a response message me direct on here with your email address and I’ll follow up and get you dialed in at worst usually by end of the day

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 1
FSociety3812.50
      04-05-2024, 09:21 AM   #355
ivinioX7
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7-M

Garage List
2020 BMW X7 40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
We set up a new email addy vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com as time goes on the new team members will also have access to this so we can eventually reply faster.

GOLFFRR, thank you for persistently reminding Christine to respond to my emails whenever I asked you. You're doing an outstanding job for the dealership, and I hope this message reaches your management.

Regarding the opportunity for a good deal on the extended warranty coverage your dealership previously offered, unfortunately, I missed my chance to purchase it from Christine. I can't justify the new $14k price tag for an extended warranty; it doesn't make economic sense for me. I might consider buying or leasing a brand new X7 instead

Tous mes vœux
Attached Images

Last edited by ivinioX7; 04-05-2024 at 12:50 PM..
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10820.00
      04-05-2024, 10:55 AM   #356
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagox7 View Post
Seems strange the price would go up so much for less coverage. I’d expect the opposite for that big of a difference.

Would be interested to understand the difference between the old and the new if anyone has looked at the contracts.

Also strange that this seemed to slip under the radar as so many on this forum seem to have inside intel and share it in advance.
We have been talking about it in various threads for at least three months. Here are the terms and conditions for the Vehicle Service Contract.

https://addedprotection.widen.net/s/.../bmwvsc-d2c_tc
      04-05-2024, 10:59 AM   #357
mattsrs
Major
Rep
Drives: X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
We have been talking about it in various threads for at least three months. Here are the terms and conditions for the Vehicle Service Contract.

What are the major changes vs the previous plan that justifies the significant price hike?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2024, 11:04 AM   #358
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
What are the major changes vs the previous plan that justifies the significant price hike?
I have not looked into it but I think we may be confusing two different things. I don't agree with Christine's email since as far as I know, the Vehicle Service Contracts went into effect much earlier this year, if not late late year. As far as the price hikes go, this is the first I have seen about them. From what I can tell that is not happening with other models at least to that large extent. Tough to compare though without knowing all of the details.

Edit: Perhaps dealers were able to choose when they started selling the VSC's. I just found a post from late November of last year and the VSC's were being sold. Since state laws are involved, it could also be that the timing was dependent on them.
      04-05-2024, 11:23 AM   #359
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivinioX7 View Post
Kote, thank you for persistently reminding Christine to respond to my emails whenever I asked you. You're doing an outstanding job for the dealership, and I hope this message reaches your management.

Regarding the opportunity for a good deal on the extended warranty coverage your dealership previously offered, unfortunately, I missed my chance to purchase it from Christine. I can't justify the new $14k price tag for an extended warranty; it doesn't make economic sense for me. I might consider buying or leasing a brand new X7 instead

Tous mes vœux
Kote is actually one of our sales reps, I’m GOLFFRR

Thank you for the kind words. 14k?? Not sure I know what you’re talking about. I’ve never seen any plan that is that expensive let alone marked up that much. Sounds like there may be some confusion somewhere on one end. I’ll have to look that up! Nonetheless all good, we sell them close to cost so we def are not marking anything up, we are usually 80-90% of the time cheapest out there.

Thank you again for the kind words! It’s def a full time gig trying to wrangle in the finance team and emails but we are getting better slowly at getting back to people sooner!

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2024, 11:44 AM   #360
chicagox7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Q7, 07 RDX, 23 X7 40i-soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post

Thx! Guess I’m the one who missed it!!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2024, 12:13 PM   #361
GOLFFRR
Rep

Ok
Got off the phone with Christine, the reason it went up so much for your “specific” situation was that you waited from the original time and quote.

As time goes on and miles go up the prices do change. We personally don’t make the rules or prices that’s obv bmw but we do discount whatever the rates are for your specific current situation

So with that said. If anyone doesn’t know, the sooner you buy the better the price will be, the later you wait the price does increase.

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2024, 12:26 PM   #362
mattsrs
Major
Rep

Quote:
Ok
Got off the phone with Christine, the reason it went up so much for your “specific” situation was that you waited from the original time and quote.

As time goes on and miles go up the prices do change. We personally don’t make the rules or prices that’s obv bmw but we do discount whatever the rates are for your specific current situation

So with that said. If anyone doesn’t know, the sooner you buy the better the price will be, the later you wait the price does increase.
Thanks for the clarification. Does it mean buying the extended warranty when the car is brand new it would be the cheapest?
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10820.00
      04-05-2024, 12:48 PM   #363
ivinioX7
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X7 40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Kote is actually one of our sales reps, I’m GOLFFRR

Thank you for the kind words. 14k?? Not sure I know what you’re talking about. I’ve never seen any plan that is that expensive let alone marked up that much. Sounds like there may be some confusion somewhere on one end. I’ll have to look that up! Nonetheless all good, we sell them close to cost so we def are not marking anything up, we are usually 80-90% of the time cheapest out there.

Thank you again for the kind words! It’s def a full time gig trying to wrangle in the finance team and emails but we are getting better slowly at getting back to people sooner!
Oops, my apologies, GOLFFRR
Regarding the price increase, in my case, it was exactly a one-month difference and 400 miles later from the original quote. My vehicle is still under the manufacturer's warranty and has fewer than 38k miles on the clock. I know it's not your dealership that dictates the price, but the price doubling (by BMW) within a month seems illogical to me.

When it comes to getting a new X7, I live in PA, far, far away from Camarillo, CA
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10820.00
      04-05-2024, 12:48 PM   #364
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification. Does it mean buying the extended warranty when the car is brand new it would be the cheapest?
From what I’m understanding from Christine there is milestones when the price changes. So it’s best to reach out to her when you get the vin and go from there

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2024, 12:53 PM   #365
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivinioX7 View Post
Oops, my apologies, GOLFFRR
Regarding the price increase, in my case, it was exactly a one-month difference and 400 miles later from the original quote. My vehicle is still under the manufacturer's warranty and has fewer than 38k miles on the clock. I know it's not your dealership that dictates the price, but the price doubling (by BMW) within a month seems illogical to me.

When it comes to getting a new X7, I live in PA, far, far away from Camarillo, CA

We actually sell cars to all US states

Yea she was telling me about your situation, crazy it went up that much after a short amount of time. All good, whatever you figure out I’m here if you need anything

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2024, 02:44 PM   #366
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
The price will be the lowest then, whether or not it will be less expensive depends on the time, cost of money, return, etc. Most folks seem to recommend waiting until right before it expires and then shopping around.
      04-07-2024, 12:25 PM   #367
mattsrs
Major
Rep

I was just browsing new 2025 X7s on a dealer's website and the site shows cost of "BMW Vehicle Service Contract" Platinum $0 Ded which I assume is the list price before any discounts. Here's the brochure they linked and here are the prices:
  • 5yr/75k $5050
  • 5yr/100k $5500
  • 6yr/75k $5850
  • 6yr/100k $6450
  • 7yr/75k $6600
  • 7yr/100k $7750

These prices don't seem too bad (and I know it can be bought at a solid discount) compared to some of the numbers here. I am guessing buying it when car is brand new would be the cheapest and can be rolled into financing as well.
Attached Images

Last edited by mattsrs; 04-07-2024 at 12:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 01:15 PM   #368
Taktix1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i

Just sent a quote request to the email listed. Hope the prices haven't gone too insane as it wouldn't make sense any more.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 03:03 PM   #369
ivinioX7
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X7 40i  [0.00]
Quote:
I was just browsing new 2025 X7s on a dealer's website and the site shows cost of "BMW Vehicle Service Contract" Platinum $0 Ded which I assume is the list price before any discounts. Here's the brochure they linked and here are the prices:
  • 5yr/75k $5050
  • 5yr/100k $5500
  • 6yr/75k $5850
  • 6yr/100k $6450
  • 7yr/75k $6600
  • 7yr/100k $7750

These prices don't seem too bad (and I know it can be bought at a solid discount) compared to some of the numbers here. I am guessing buying it when car is brand new would be the cheapest and can be rolled into financing as well.
I believe this option should apply to ALL BMW owners whose cars are still under the manufacturer warranty. Implementing a 'you snooze, you lose' policy is not a good business practice.
(Only my two bucks)
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2024, 03:32 PM   #370
nicboy
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 530

Quote:
  • 5yr/75k $5050
  • 5yr/100k $5500
  • 6yr/75k $5850
  • 6yr/100k $6450
  • 7yr/75k $6600
  • 7yr/100k $7750

Why it is good? 5Yr basically is just one extra year, and you pay $5050?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2024, 04:39 PM   #371
TahoeDust
Private
Rep
Drives: Nissan Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicboy View Post
Why it is good? 5Yr basically is just one extra year, and you pay $5050?
You are paying for the miles, not the years. Lots of people put 20k miles a year on their vehicles.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 12:23 PM   #372
Madsen203
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model Y

Anyone heard of SOS Auto Protect? They have a coverage plan that extends 5 years, 60k miles after your existing warranty expires for $3700 (it can set a future active date which I thought was nice compared to other plans which is based on contract date).

When reading through the ultimate coverage, it appears to be an inclusion warranty type which is concerning. It does cover things such as differentials, transfer cases, water pumps, and some other basics but doesn’t include air suspension, leaks (think valve cover), some internal components, and it isn’t clear if it covers the emergency call system that had some historical failures due to leaks.

It would essentially pay for itself if one of the typical failures happens between now and 110k miles but doesn’t instill much confidence.

What says you? Coverage listed below.

Quote:
Gasoline/Diesel Engine: Cylinder block, cylinder head(s) (if damaged by internally lubricated covered part). Internally lubricated parts: pistons, piston rings, piston pins, crank-shaft, main bearings, camshaft, camshaft bearings, connecting rods, rod bearings, rocker arms, rocker arm shafts, rocker arm pivots, valve keepers, valve retainers, hydraulic/solid valve lifters, cam followers, oil pump, timing chain. Harmonic balancer, metal timing cover, and metal oil pan (if damaged by an internally lubricated part). Engine vacuum pump and engine mounts (If failed, not worn).
Transmission/Transaxle: Transmission case/Transmission pan (if damaged by internally lubricated covered part). Internally lubricated parts included within banner kit components: automatic transmission, clutch steels/plates,
a. accumulating/servo locking rings. Transmission mounts, torque converter, vacuum modulator.
Cooling: Cooling fan clutch, main engine radiator cooling fan motor, radiator, main engine water pump.
Brakes: Master cylinder, wheel cylinder, hydraulic front/rear disc brake calipers, and power brake booster.
Electrical Components: Ignition distributor, starter solenoid, starter motor, voltage regulator, alternator, A/C heater blower motor.
Drive Axle: Front propeller/drive shaft universal joints, front axle shaft universal joints, rear propeller/drive shaft universal joints, rear propeller/drive shaft support and bearing, front CV axle shaft joints.
Seals and Gaskets: Seals and Gaskets are covered only in conjunction with a repair or replacement of the above Covered Parts and are not covered as standalone failures. Minor loss of fluid or seepage is considered normal and is not considered a mechanical Breakdown and is not eligible for Coverage.
Steering System: Rack and pinion unit and all related internal lubricated parts, power steering pump/shaft seal pump, pitman/idler arm, inner tie rod ends, and outer tie rod ends
Turbo/Super Charger: (Factory installed only) Internal parts; Housing is covered if damage is caused by the failure of an internally lubricated moving part, turbo/super charger mount gaskets during replacement.
AWD/4x4: The following components in the transfer case: Drive chain/gears, planetary gears, ring shift forks, oil pump output shaft/main shaft washers, transfer case actuator, four-wheel drive actuator, seals and gaskets during rebuilding, and transfer case input/output seal.
Differential Assembly: Front and rear differential housing if damage is caused by a failure of internally lubricated covered parts, ring and pinion gears/bearings, spider and carrier gears/bearings, axle shaft/bearings, and pinion/axle shaft seal.
Suspension System: (If failed, not worn)
Front: Upper/lower control arms and bushings, lower torsion/tension arms, stabilizer end links ball joints, hub and wheel bearings.
Rear: Upper lower controls arms and bushings, stabilizer end links, ball joints, hub and wheel bearings.
Air conditioning and Heating: Compressor and compressor clutch, A/C high/low pressure compressor cutoff switches, condenser, field coil, and accumulator.
Fuel System: Main fuel pump, fuel injector(s), and gasoline pressure regulator.
ABS Brakes: Wheel speed sensors, hydraulic pump/motor assembly, pressure modulator valve/isolation dump valve, accumulator, ABS master cylinder, Hydro Boost and Electronic Control Processor.
Hi-Tech: ABS master cylinder, ABS processor, hydraulic pump motor/pressure modulator valve, sensors; air charge temperature sensor, coolant temperature sensor, fuel pressure sensor, fuel injector(s), ignition management controls; crankshaft position sensor, ignition coils, wiper motor(s), power window motors, power door lock actuators, driver and passenger front forward/backward seat motor, driver and passenger front tilt seat base motor, driver and passenger front tilt seat back motor, automatic temperature control panel, key-less entry module excluding remote, electronic level control compressor, factory installed GPS Navigation module, sunroof motor and convertible top motor, factory installed rear view camera.
Appreciate 0