E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > to all Lawyers on e90 post, need some advice:

10-07-2008, 03:19 PM   #23
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

I would have let it go.

Anyways...

Did you take his spot, after he left?

I wouldn't have taken his spot after, for fear of vandalism.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2008, 03:31 PM   #24
sykno
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

u shoulda done something on the spot... call 911 boy... and if he drives off chase and call cops
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2008, 04:44 PM   #25
kavehm
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90

Garage List
2006 E90 330xi  [0.00]
Nope, I didn't park there afterward. I was going to call 911 after they left, but the campus officer told me to just go to the cop-shop rather than sticking around and waiting for one to drop by, i dunno, in retrospect would it have made a difference if i did call 911 right away rather than file a police report later, not sure, was the campus officer partly to blame for not being more proactive and recommending or even calling 911 for me, who knows... i'm filing this incident under "unfortunate and bad luck incidents". I was bound for at least one of these types of incidents for 2008...
On another note, if anyone sees a beige chrysler with plate# "141 LNJ" (or was it LNJ 141 ??)on the road, stay clear, he/they may be drunk and/or looking to start another incident....especially on game days/nights......
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2008, 05:06 PM   #26
lauer87
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp View Post
Yea but if you pull that out, you better be prepared to use it.
+10000000000
Never pull a weapon on someone that you are not totally prepared and justified to use.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2008, 06:15 PM   #27
pony_trekker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 535 x drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by down boy View Post
Damn, what a drunken jackass! Good job on keeping your cool and not squaring off. I don't know if I could have showed that restraint. But since you were cool, you can now nail him without him having any counterclaims.

I could be wrong but I believe a battery has to be bodily contact, so if he spit on you, that could be battery; not sure about his spitting on the car. (Although I think I faintly remember reading a case in law school where someone knocked a camera out of a person's hand and that was considered battery because a camera is closely held/attached to a person's body.) In some states, assault is the same thing as battery. But in other states, assault is separate so that if a guy threatens you so that you reasonably think you're in imminent physical harm, even if he never makes contact with you (like coming toward you and raising his fist and saying "I'm gonna punch you!"), he could be guilty of assault.

But I agree with the above posters and think property damage to your car is the best bet. Good luck!
If he knocked 11 teeth out and he had a million bucks in the bank maybe you find a lawyer to take the case. Otherwise, just report it to your insurance company.

I can't scroll back to the original post while writing this but did he hit your car with his hand or his car? Maybe your insurance company will cover and go after him. Probably not if it's a small amount of damage. They don't want to spend the money.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2008, 06:18 PM   #28
pony_trekker
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
I would have let it go.

Anyways...

Did you take his spot, after he left?

I wouldn't have taken his spot after, for fear of vandalism.

My friend had a great one: he said "No prob, you got the spot buddy," and left.

My friend came back with an ice pick a half hour later.

Must suck to have to change 4 flats while drunk.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2008, 06:19 PM   #29
pony_trekker
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavehm View Post
Nope, I didn't park there afterward. I was going to call 911 after they left, but the campus officer told me to just go to the cop-shop rather than sticking around and waiting for one to drop by, i dunno, in retrospect would it have made a difference if i did call 911 right away rather than file a police report later, not sure, was the campus officer partly to blame for not being more proactive and recommending or even calling 911 for me, who knows... i'm filing this incident under "unfortunate and bad luck incidents". I was bound for at least one of these types of incidents for 2008...
On another note, if anyone sees a beige chrysler with plate# "141 LNJ" (or was it LNJ 141 ??)on the road, stay clear, he/they may be drunk and/or looking to start another incident....especially on game days/nights......
Dialing 911 in Wisconsin for a call like that and maybe you get a cop in 2025.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2008, 10:43 AM   #30
neejkoob
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavehm View Post
taser's are illegal in WI.........I think pepper spray is illegal as well, although I'm sure i could find some......maybe I need to find my old nunchucks ......
as Bruce Lee once said 'you have insulted our family and the shaolin temple, prepare to die....'
Per Oak Creek, WI Police Dept Website...

"Wisconsin law allows for a person to defend themselves against another person for the purpose of preventing or terminating what a person reasonably believes to be an attack against them. The person being attacked may ONLY use such force or threat of force to prevent or terminate the attack. Pepper spray can be legally carried concealed on a person over the age of 18 or in a vehicle operated by a person over the age of 18."

I've got one in my car and one in wife's car. Test sprayed in room one time and not a pleasant experience. Highly recommend
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2008, 10:49 AM   #31
kavehm
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90

Garage List
2006 E90 330xi  [0.00]
pepper on my paprikosh

....pepper spray is legal eh...... hmmmn...... although not as sexy as a handgun, it would be an effective deterent....
As Piccard would say : "Ensign, make it so"
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2008, 11:04 AM   #32
calvino
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: had e90, 330i mystic blue

Garage List
2006 e90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by neejkoob View Post
I've got one in my car and one in wife's car. Test sprayed in room one time and not a pleasant experience. Highly recommend
+1 my fiance has it on her car, I also try pepper spray once not cool
      10-08-2008, 02:06 PM   #33
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
I had a Mace canister once in college. There was a wasp buzzing about the window in my dorm room so I sprayed it. It dropped straightaway and lay on its back for about 40 minutes. It then buzzed a couple of times, flipped over, and flew out the window.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0