BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum AC controls are wonky

04-11-2024, 05:26 AM   #1
Brokejetflyer
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 X7, 2023 I4

AC controls are wonky

2022 X7 here.

The Air Conditioner is doing weird things here. We have it set to 80 and it will blow very warm, but then when we drop it just 1 degree below 80 (79,78, etc) it immediately starts to blow very cold.

I’m gonna bring it in but wanted to hear what you all have seen.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 06:28 AM   #2
rjabend
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Garage List
2024 X7  [6.50]
There have been many posts on the WONKY AC. It seems to be very complicated and unless you have a BS in BMW AC, it doesn't seem to work very well. BS stands for more than one thing Let us know what you find out on your visit.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 10:48 PM   #3
Madsen203
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model Y

Is it not the car just trying to cool to that desired temperature ASAP? I’d imagine it would normalize within a minute or two.

I can’t say I’ve experienced this yet but I also keep ac between 71-73°F. On mornings, I often don’t even need to run it as the greenhouse effect warms the interior quite well (garage kept).

I will say I LOVE the AC controls on the 19-23 models coming from Tesla. Controlling fan speed independently, vent temperatures, climate temps, etc. really positive experience.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 05:36 AM   #4
Brokejetflyer
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 X7, 2023 I4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madsen203 View Post
Is it not the car just trying to cool to that desired temperature ASAP? I’d imagine it would normalize within a minute or two.

I can’t say I’ve experienced this yet but I also keep ac between 71-73°F. On mornings, I often don’t even need to run it as the greenhouse effect warms the interior quite well (garage kept).

I will say I LOVE the AC controls on the 19-23 models coming from Tesla. Controlling fan speed independently, vent temperatures, climate temps, etc. really positive experience.
I can see it trying to adjust itself in AUTO mode. But this is in manual mode so the air coming out should reflect the temp you manually set it at. It’s either super hot or super cold.. which I’ve never experienced in a car in my life.
Appreciate 0