BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Shops for track prep

03-10-2021, 05:12 PM   #1
jelenp
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19' M2C 6MT

I got my M2C not to long ago and am planning to put coilovers and camber plates and want to get them dialed in. Really not familiar with many shops around the Milwaukee area as I never went this far with my cars. Any recommendations around Milwaukee/Chicago. I also don't mind traveling if it means for better quality. Hope to see you guys on track!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 01:55 PM   #2
detroitm2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Pretty much any decent shop should be able to install coilovers and give you an alignment.

Personally, I DIY'd the coilover's and camber plates, and took it up to a shop for a proper alignment. If you have access to mostly basic tools and some common sense, they're pretty easy to install.

If you were closer, I'd tell ya to bring it on over and we can knock it out in an afternoon.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 03:55 PM   #3
jelenp
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19' M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitm2 View Post
Pretty much any decent shop should be able to install coilovers and give you an alignment.

Personally, I DIY'd the coilover's and camber plates, and took it up to a shop for a proper alignment. If you have access to mostly basic tools and some common sense, they're pretty easy to install.

If you were closer, I'd tell ya to bring it on over and we can knock it out in an afternoon.
See I would put them on myself but they are a used set of ohlins and I'm alittle intimidated with messing with the camber plates. Your post has me doing more research though and I think it's a doable weekend project.

Any guides or recommendations? I'm going through YouTube guides and guides from the manufacturers but do you any that helped you in the past?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 05:12 PM   #4
detroitm2
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelenp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitm2 View Post

See I would put them on myself but they are a used set of ohlins and I'm alittle intimidated with messing with the camber plates. Your post has me doing more research though and I think it's a doable weekend project.

Any guides or recommendations? I'm going through YouTube guides and guides from the manufacturers but do you any that helped you in the past?
There's a how to on the forum somewhere for installing KW's. I'd start there.

The fronts are pretty easy to do, but the rears can be a bit of a pain. I'd highly suggest finding yourself a lift to work from.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 07:08 PM   #5
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

Talk to big bear tire in Oconomowoc, all the autocross and track guys do corner balancing and alignments with them. Not sure what level of installs. Good question to ask in the badger bimmer or especially scca milwaukee Facebook groups
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 07:42 PM   #6
detroitm2
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhotwn View Post
Talk to big bear tire in Oconomowoc, all the autocross and track guys do corner balancing and alignments with them. Not sure what level of installs. Good question to ask in the badger bimmer or especially scca milwaukee Facebook groups
It's a good bet if they do corner balancing and track alignments, they can probably install some coilovers.

Worth a shot anyways!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2021, 10:47 AM   #7
symalik84
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6 MT

Touge Factory - just did my Ohlins install, camber plates, alignment and corner balance. Great shop!
Appreciate 1
jelenp41.50