02-18-2023, 09:58 AM   #24
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerws View Post
I hate to hear that. Had high expectations that with the new model they had finally gotten their ducks in a row and ironed out all of the reliability issues! Did he go with another one after the dealer took it back?
A colleague at work has the New RRS, he had a Cayenne before he likes the RRS a lot! both the new RR and RRS are in hot demand around here. TBH, having owned a RRS for 3 years and I know many RR owners and the stories here are mostly exaggerations. JMHO. If they were so bad, they would not be in so much demand - just simple logic.

My 2 cents worth. I went from a RRS to a Cayenne, mainly because I liked the handling of the Cayenne S at the time better. But I did miss the interior comfort and styling of the RRS. It was great for long trips. Very comfortable. Also, my RR dealer was terrible. I have been very impressed with BMW dealers in my area...
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2023, 07:33 PM   #25
rangerws
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Putting this back up for sale on here.

5100 miles

Let me know if you have any questions!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2023, 07:50 PM   #26
srbabu790
Commander ||
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M50i

Garage List
Quote:
Putting this back up for sale on here.

5100 miles

Let me know if you have any questions!
Why are you selling again, did you go back to RR ?
Does it have laser headlights ?
Is it the same price?
      05-18-2023, 08:10 PM   #27
rangerws
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by srbabu790 View Post
Why are you selling again, did you go back to RR ?
Does it have laser headlights ?
Is it the same price?
Yes 🤦🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♂️😂

Lowered the price to $112
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2023, 06:57 AM   #28
Angelo_GraysonMiniBMW
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3,2020 Land Cruiser

Good luck with the sale, it’s a stunner. Just love that two tone leather.
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2023, 04:03 PM   #29
rundeyvoo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 / X3 / 330e / 330i

Great build... good luck with the sale!
Appreciate 1
      07-19-2023, 05:35 PM   #30
Meksykanska_Parowa
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Quote:
My loss is your gain! Trying to get this car sold. Surely it has to be be if the better deals out there? Let me know if you have any questions or interest!
Absolutely fantastic car and you will find a buyer; that being said ... there is no concept of "My loss is your gain" if your asking price is "what I paid for it". Everyone's heart bleeds when you have to take financial hit on a chin but it's better to face the reality than live in a dream world in which someone else takes that hit for you (i.e. pay you what you paid for it). That's just very unlikely to happen. I really don't mean to lecture you because ... (maybe some other time) but

1) when you buy a car from some dealership for, say, 100K (MSRP) and drive off its lot then it is now worth 85-90 (tops), which is it's true market value (minus dealer's profits)- something for inspiration here. That's the pill that's usually the hardest one to swallow.

2) unless you are in some sort of antique car business for the rest of us there is no such thing as "making money on a used car sale" and you can only minimize losses. That's why you should always (if you can; unless you have some specific needs like custom build or financing etc) avoid dealerships and buy privately because you are far more likely to buy a car at its market value. If you bought the car for 92K then you can easily sale it for 88K-90K and there would be a long line of prospective buyers and you wouldn't even sweat 2K loss (a minimal one).

3) I have a suggestion for you that may help you. Put up your car for sale on EBay and set reserve to your asking price (or even higher if you don't want to actually sell it). Either someone will buy it for your asking price or (this is the more likely outcome) you will learn your car's true market value. This information is absolutely priceless. If you go to a dealership (trade in or something) or want to sell privately and someone offers you less than your car's market value then you can tell them to go and pound pavement - you can sell it for more anytime you want. Lots of dealerships try to sell on EBay but they never do; only cars with market value sell there.

4) I do #3 all the time whenever I want to sell my car. Twice they hit my reserve, once I re-listed with reserve just a tad lower than when I was gauging car's market value during original listing and once I sold the car locally because someone offered me more money than on EBay. I have 100% success selling my cars (I'm private individual) using this approach. When I buy cars it's always either through dealership auctions (auction houses clamped down on dealers bringing clients to auctions as "drivers" but I bought three cars like that in the past), which is the best option because you are virtually guaranteed to buy a car at its market value, or I buy it from individuals like you (but also at a market value and your asking price is not).

5) get that priceless info in #3 ... maybe we will negotiate something
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2023, 11:48 AM   #31
rangerws
Rep

Unfortunately, I started a new job with a company car and am selling my X7. From what I can tell online with all of the features I have etc, I’m about 5k lower than other similar models.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Mileage is 11,480
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2023, 08:04 PM   #32
avi8tir
Captain
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Unfortunately, I started a new job with a company car and am selling my X7. From what I can tell online with all of the features I have etc, I’m about 5k lower than other similar models.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Mileage is 11,480
Hopefully you get something nice! I was in an Explorer for 3 years as a company vehicle and then threw in the towel and went on an allowance program so I could get back to BMW!!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2023, 09:07 PM   #33
rangerws
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi8tir View Post
Hopefully you get something nice! I was in an Explorer for 3 years as a company vehicle and then threw in the towel and went on an allowance program so I could get back to BMW!!
Chevy Equinox with 175 horses and cloth interior…but hey, it gets 26 mpg 😂🤷🏼‍♂️
Appreciate 0