BMW XM (G09) Forums General BMW XM Forum IND's BMW XM Delivery Unwrapping

05-03-2023, 07:34 AM   #23
Ugly Kar
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 to C43 Cab to G42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth_BMW View Post
Change can be hard to accept for some. A lot of members were bashing the new M3/M4 design, but now many like it. I hated the M2 but after seeing it, in person/ any color other than VB, I like it as well.

I was polarized by the pictures of the XM and then saw it in person and parked side by side to my 22” X6 M50i, well my X6 is no more and I now drive an XM.
Did it make you feel superior when you typed this? Of course the ole "can't accept change" narrative. Whenever you don't like someone else's opinion just create a false narrative.

I've been following every new new BMW for over 30 years now and almost without exception I've like the new model better than the previous model almost immediately. I've never had to "let it grow on me".

That is until BMW decided to put a hideous vertical grill on a horizontal plane. This is nothing new. Ford did it with the Edsel in 1958 and there's a reason it wasn't done again until over 60 years later. Now BMW is going further with more random and odd shapes with absolutely no continuity and complimentary flow. I've seen all these new designs in person and every instance it's .

If you really believe it's just some people who "can't accept change" all you have to do is go to the reviews of any of the new model BMW's on Car and Driver. I'll use that as an example since it's a good collection of auto enthusiasts who love many brands. On the reviews of the new BMW models the comments on the new styling trends are 90% . That's all you need to know, and from people who understand true automotive art.
Appreciate 1
Mandingo93498.50
      05-03-2023, 08:00 AM   #24
Stealth_BMW
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW XM

Garage List
2024 BMW XM  [0.00]
2023 BMW IX  [0.00]
Bud, there were some very important words used. By the way, words mean things. Specifically the word “Some”. Some basically means a group of a whole and not the entirety of the whole. If you felt targeted then the shoe must fit, if not then let’s not get emotional about folks expressing opinions. I’ve read all the reviews but I never let media tell me how to feel. I have to create my own experience. All the reviews will change once all the styles have been updated to what the current market makeover is. It’s really just a simple social study. Change drives criticism. It’s the storming stage. I haven’t been following BMW for long but I like technology and the implementations of new tech and modern styling is what drew my attention.

By the way, if a comment doesn’t change your way of living then maybe it shouldn’t be triggering so much emotion.

2022 X6 M50i
2023 IX xDrive50
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2023, 09:46 AM   #25
Alonso085
Enlisted Member
Ireland
Rep
Drives: E31 840ci / E92 325i/ i3 / E36

I am actually impressed by the XM, their is not one element of the design that I find attractive not one, but their are another 7 X’s to pick from if you want a bmw sav so no big deal. I doubt any elements from it will make it to the neue klasse design so i think it will just end up a weird oddity that some future version of Doug demuro will be standing beside laughing at the side view wondering what the bmw design team was thinking. At the same time, I am sure it is amazing to drive and if you like how it looks more power to you, enjoy it in good health. I mean how boring would the world be if everyone drove the same thing
Appreciate 1
      05-03-2023, 03:10 PM   #26
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
Rep
Drives: '22 AW G30 B58 M-Sport

Always in good health.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2023, 02:40 PM   #27
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick3753 View Post
Please, wrap it back up.
Appreciation points are now running in double digits and approaching a statistically valid range, worthy of manufacturer's attention.
Appreciate 0