BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW XM (G09) Forums General BMW XM Forum Doug DeMuro Review: The 2023 BMW XM Is a Controversial $160,000 Fast Luxury SUV

04-24-2023, 08:28 AM   #155
Bmwfanboy1
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW XM

Garage List
2023 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senox View Post
A very pessimistic crowd… I on the other hand think I will buy XM or the red label version.

Why?
Fun with something that dosnt look like everything else. Saw it in person and didn’t find it as controversial as has been described. Have a PHEV today and most days do my daily commute on EV only. However when the family are doing a longer trip we don’t need to plan for recharge, especially when the smaller ones are sleeping.

Normally drives very eco but it’s fun to know that there is power if needed. And the few times a year when the paddle hits the floor, it has no bigger economic effect on the yearly gas cost.

Have a few friends who drives the G wagon. Fun to have something different.

Do however think they should have made the XM faster than X5M and X6M without the need to buy the label red.

Drive a big SUV today. Don’t expect any suv to behave as a M3 or similar. However I want a car that performs good for being a SUV.

My alternative is the Cayenne. However where I live there is a lot of them so they are very normal.

Just wanted to bring my thoughts. I think there is an audience like me for this kind of car.
I bought myself a XM for all the reasons you have mentioned. I am absolutely love my XM. It has it own unique look, it’s huge and it’s fast.

The most fun car I ever owned.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2023, 02:36 PM   #156
Senox
Rep
Drives: Audi A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwfanboy1 View Post
I bought myself a XM for all the reasons you have mentioned. I am absolutely love my XM. It has it own unique look, it’s huge and it’s fast.

The most fun car I ever owned.
Have you already received it?! In that case what’s your experience? What color combo/trim?

I currently have a XM Dravid Gray on order with 22”. I’m afraid the ride will get to uncomfortable. Have 21” on my current SUV and enjoys the nice ride when I put on the 20” winter tires. However the 21” offers on the XM are not my taste and thought 22” as the middle range would risk to look strange.

Unfortunately all XM to Sweden for the entire year are booked so I’m looking at about one year waiting.

By the end of next month they open up for placing Label Red orders. Considering switching to that but are not sure. I love the brown dashboard but the sale guy couldn’t say if the Label Red only was offered in black with red stitching or not.

Logically it don’t make sense for me to switch. Will very rarely use the 650 hp even less the 750 on the red. But at the same time the XM already cost unlogically much money so by “only” adding X extra I will be able to brag over friends who has the X5M and at the same time hopefully be able to get it delivered sooner. Childish, I know…

I’m very unsure about the red stripe. It might be to bullish for me, aren’t any rock star .

Would love if you would share some of your experiences!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2023, 03:13 PM   #157
Bmwfanboy1
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Have you already received it?! In that case what’s your experience? What color combo/trim?

I currently have a XM Dravid Gray on order with 22”. I’m afraid the ride will get to uncomfortable. Have 21” on my current SUV and enjoys the nice ride when I put on the 20” winter tires. However the 21” offers on the XM are not my taste and thought 22” as the middle range would risk to look strange.

Unfortunately all XM to Sweden for the entire year are booked so I’m looking at about one year waiting.

By the end of next month they open up for placing Label Red orders. Considering switching to that but are not sure. I love the brown dashboard but the sale guy couldn’t say if the Label Red only was offered in black with red stitching or not.

Logically it don’t make sense for me to switch. Will very rarely use the 650 hp even less the 750 on the red. But at the same time the XM already cost unlogically much money so by “only” adding X extra I will be able to brag over friends who has the X5M and at the same time hopefully be able to get it delivered sooner. Childish, I know…

I’m very unsure about the red stripe. It might be to bullish for me, aren’t any rock star .

Would love if you would share some of your experiences!
I bought my XM about a month ago at the dealership lot. It’s exactly what I wanted but I wish my XM has the B&W Diamond Sound System.

I have the dravit grey with deep lagoon and vintage coffee interior. By the way it’s the most beautiful interior color combination I ever seen. It looks so 70’s and I love it. You can go wrong with dravit grey exterior. It’s so unique and beautiful. At first I wanted to wrapped it with xpel ppf stealth but my installer talked me out of it because it will ruin the look of the color.

I have the 23” wheels because I thought that’s the signature of XM, big SUV with big wheels. Everyone loves my wheels. We only have 2 wheel options here, 22” or 23”, for the same price.

I absolutely love my XM. I just love the hybrid system. I had Tesla X and BMW iX M60 before this so I still enjoy driving an EV. XM gives the pleasure of EV and ICE.

I posted some pictures here.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      04-24-2023, 04:36 PM   #158
Senox
Rep
Drives: Audi A7

So awesome!!! Looks so good! Thanks for sharing the pictures. Will showel them in my wife face when she wakes up ;-). -She always sas she gets a lot of passive learning....

How do you experience the ride with the 23"? Is it very hard? Too much for a long ride?

I will visit Atlanta next week for an exhibition. Maybe I'm lucky to see some XM then . Knowing what you know now, would you even consider an Label Red?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2023, 04:36 PM   #159
Stealth_BMW
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW XM

Garage List
2024 BMW XM  [0.00]
2023 BMW IX  [0.00]
Quote:
I bought my XM about a month ago at the dealership lot. It’s exactly what I wanted but I wish my XM has the B&W Diamond Sound System.

I have the dravit grey with deep lagoon and vintage coffee interior. By the way it’s the most beautiful interior color combination I ever seen. It looks so 70’s and I love it. You can go wrong with dravit grey exterior. It’s so unique and beautiful. At first I wanted to wrapped it with xpel ppf stealth but my installer talked me out of it because it will ruin the look of the color.

I have the 23” wheels because I thought that’s the signature of XM, big SUV with big wheels. Everyone loves my wheels. We only have 2 wheel options here, 22” or 23”, for the same price.

I absolutely love my XM. I just love the hybrid system. I had Tesla X and BMW iX M60 before this so I still enjoy driving an EV. XM gives the pleasure of EV and ICE.

I posted some pictures here.
Nice, I also have an IX (the wife’s) but didn’t want to give up completely on ICE. I picked mine up today. So far I love it. Not sure whom the target audience is for this vehicle but it works out for me.
Attached Images

2022 X6 M50i
2023 IX xDrive50
Appreciate 2
Senox3.00
GuyOh1064.00
      04-24-2023, 04:55 PM   #160
Bmwfanboy1
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
So awesome!!! Looks so good! Thanks for sharing the pictures. Will showel them in my wife face when she wakes up ;-). -She always sas she gets a lot of passive learning....

How do you experience the ride with the 23"? Is it very hard? Too much for a long ride?

I will visit Atlanta next week for an exhibition. Maybe I'm lucky to see some XM then . Knowing what you know now, would you even consider an Label Red?
The 23” wheels feel fine for me. I have no complaints whatsoever.

I am not thinking to switch to Label Red. My XM is fast and powerful enough for me. I am not a racer.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2023, 04:59 PM   #161
Bmwfanboy1
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth_BMW View Post
Nice, I also have an IX (the wife’s) but didn’t want to give up completely on ICE. I picked mine up today. So far I love it. Not sure whom the target audience is for this vehicle but it works out for me.
That’s my dilemma. I love EV but missed the fun of an ICE.
I was thinking to get a used X5M with my iX. Then XM came along. XM is perfect for me. It’s like BMW designed XM for me. LOL.

Thanks BMW.
Appreciate 2
Senox3.00
      04-26-2023, 05:06 PM   #162
BMWXMWY
Registered
Rep
Drives: XM

Quote:
That’s my dilemma. I love EV but missed the fun of an ICE.
I was thinking to get a used X5M with my iX. Then XM came along. XM is perfect for me. It’s like BMW designed XM for me. LOL.

Thanks BMW.
I find myself in a similar situation to you, I'm trying to decide if I want to trade in my 22' plaid X, which I love, on an MX. I'm going to take a bath since I paid 155ish for the X, but I like fast and refined flashiness in general. Do you think the tech of the BMW fills any of the void left from Tesla? How is the performance? Honestly, I am just tired of all the random little Telsa maintenance stuff, that's the main reason I would trade it in. Also, considering a Turbo GT since the price isn't that different. Would appreciate any thoughts.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2023, 09:37 PM   #163
Bmwfanboy1
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWXMWY View Post
I find myself in a similar situation to you, I'm trying to decide if I want to trade in my 22' plaid X, which I love, on an MX. I'm going to take a bath since I paid 155ish for the X, but I like fast and refined flashiness in general. Do you think the tech of the BMW fills any of the void left from Tesla? How is the performance? Honestly, I am just tired of all the random little Telsa maintenance stuff, that's the main reason I would trade it in. Also, considering a Turbo GT since the price isn't that different. Would appreciate any thoughts.
I had 2020 Tesla Model X performance and 2022 Tesla Model X and traded both in for BMW ix M60 and MB EQS 580 SUV for my wife but I didn’t pay the high Tesla price. Actually I traded in when the price was so unsustainable high. I got out quick and made a few bucks.

People keep talking about Tesla tech. What tech are we talking about? Full Self Driving? Beta version? I paid for 2 FSD suites and never received it. And my safety score was 94.

Autopilot? BMW called it Adaptive Cruise Control and Highway Assist Plus.

Sentry Mode? BMW called it Drive Recorder.

Oh hold on…there are some high tech features..
Watch Netflix and play video games in stationary mode, Model X can dance, play some fart noise and put on fireplace video.

Some basic features that are missing:Blind Spot Detection, 360 Birdeye View, Head Up Display, Apple Car Play, Android Auto. No, Tesla doesn’t even have those.

Let me be honest, the XM is fast and powerful but it’s not X Plaid fast. XM has characters and X Plaid just fast. XM may not be faster than X5M or X6M but it has a unique look, comfort and feel.

I am enjoying my XM so far. Every morning I can’t wait to hop in my XM and enjoy the ride.
Appreciate 3
PNWM3526.00
      04-27-2023, 05:22 PM   #164
Stealth_BMW
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW XM

Garage List
2024 BMW XM  [0.00]
2023 BMW IX  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWXMWY View Post
My wife had a Model Y and we sold it and got her the IX. She says she would never go back to a Tesla unless their actual Tech matches their price point. 65k for a car with blind spot warning lights is ridiculous. Specially when they come in a 11.5k Nissan versa.

The IX will not disappoint. I really like the XM, it’s the best of both worlds. Both have pickup relatively similar to a Tesla, maybe not a Plaid, but close.

2022 X6 M50i
2023 IX xDrive50
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2023, 02:33 PM   #165
TXSchnee
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60

Saw the XM at BMW of Austin today, still not sure about exterior, looks ok at some angles, others, not so much. I will say, the interior is awesome, actually liked that rear lounge and the funky headliner. Didn’t drive it, not enough time.
2015 BMW X5 xDrive35i (sold)
2015 BMW X3 xDrive28i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2023, 03:46 PM   #166
Bmwfanboy1
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSchnee View Post
Saw the XM at BMW of Austin today, still not sure about exterior, looks ok at some angles, others, not so much. I will say, the interior is awesome, actually liked that rear lounge and the funky headliner. Didn’t drive it, not enough time.
I bought my XM at BMW of South Austin. Service at BMW at South Austin is so much better than BMW of Austin. It’s day and night.
Appreciate 0