BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW XM (G09) Forums General BMW XM Forum Stuck in Quality Check stage

04-25-2023, 05:54 PM   #1
Momomo1
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW XM

Stuck in Quality Check stage

Hello new XM owners, I’ve been monitoring my build and have been stuck in “Quality Check” for about six days now. Has anyone else experienced this delay?

My dealer says that it is normal for newly released cars such as XM to spend more time in “Quality Check” stage. On other forums dating back to 2021, I had found people complaining about missing parts causing the “Quality Check” delay. Someone said they got hung up for months even. Just wondering if anyone has shared experience, thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2023, 11:40 AM   #2
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: All

I believe being stuck in quality check is kinda catch all. My M8 spent 3 months there waiting for B&W sound system because I told them I won't accept the car if they took it away back in late 21 early 22. Just look at it as they are waiting for something at the factory and weather they found an issue or need parts its will still be the same great ride once it gets delivered.
2015 M235 Manual
On the list for the M2 CS
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2023, 07:45 PM   #3
Momomo1
Private
Rep

15 days and counting

This is the reply from BMW Genius:

Thank you for contacting the BMW i Team regarding your vehicle tracking request. We appreciate your order and your patience awaiting delivery.

The last status update for your BMW was assembly finish/quality check as of April 21, 2023. At this time, we have no new estimated dates to provide to you. Once it is produced, new estimated dates will be generated.

We understand how eager you are to take delivery of your new BMW, and we also can’t wait for you to get behind the wheel of your new BMW. Our apologies for your frustrations about the delivery timeframe of your vehicle. We are doing our best to get your vehicle to you as quickly as possible.

Your BMW center will notify you when your vehicle is ready for you to take delivery. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.

My dealer has not idea what the hold up might be either. I am hoping to get it by mid-June but since I am in Las Vegas, I imagine there will be a carrier assignment / delivery delay also.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2023, 05:11 PM   #4
nicosusername
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: various

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momomo1 View Post
This is the reply from BMW Genius:

Thank you for contacting the BMW i Team regarding your vehicle tracking request. We appreciate your order and your patience awaiting delivery.

The last status update for your BMW was assembly finish/quality check as of April 21, 2023. At this time, we have no new estimated dates to provide to you. Once it is produced, new estimated dates will be generated.

We understand how eager you are to take delivery of your new BMW, and we also can’t wait for you to get behind the wheel of your new BMW. Our apologies for your frustrations about the delivery timeframe of your vehicle. We are doing our best to get your vehicle to you as quickly as possible.

Your BMW center will notify you when your vehicle is ready for you to take delivery. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.

My dealer has not idea what the hold up might be either. I am hoping to get it by mid-June but since I am in Las Vegas, I imagine there will be a carrier assignment / delivery delay also.
Mine has been in “Assembly finish / quality check” since 4/26. I’m right behind you.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2023, 12:22 PM   #5
Momomo1
Private
Rep

20 days and counting in final assembly / quality check

Sorry to hear you are in the same boat! Please post if there is any movement and I will do the same. My dealer said that he had a M4 stuck at this stage for over a month
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2023, 02:54 PM   #6
Thondru
Registered
Rep
Drives: Xm

Mine has been there for a week. The XM. Did you order the upgraded audio? That’s usually what does it. No chips. I ordered upgraded
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2023, 07:12 PM   #7
bmwx3805
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14 cruze diesel and 2019 430I

Coming from a plant 10 worker I can personally tell you go9’s go through extensive quality control. So it being held for days if not longer is a very real possibility.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2023, 12:52 PM   #8
Momomo1
Private
Rep

23 days and counting for me. Yes, I did order the Bowers and Wilkins audio upgrade. Hope it’s just really thorough quality control and not a part shortage, which could mean even more significant delay.
Appreciate 1
TN2SC2020151.50
      05-16-2023, 01:42 PM   #9
Momomo1
Private
Rep

25 days and counting with a dealer update…kind of

So, the wait continues. Seems rather excessive even if the quality check is a 1,000 points. I reached out to my dealer and here was his response:

“Guarantee all of the sudden it will be at VPC/warehouse arrival: Kansas City interchange as next step. They are never accurate on scans and seems a little longer than usual on this. But then again it is a new release. Hope it’s the case as my previous builds.”

Not really sure what this means but it is what it is.

While I am anxiously waiting for my new ride, I am continually disappointed with the growing list of shortcomings. Small things like not having the latest iDrive 8 features to lack of true iconic sounds, illogical corners cut like the lack of soft close doors in the rear, to the big misses of a slow 0-60 time and heavy weight, and now this delay, it just dampens my excitement sadly. And this is coming from someone who does not find the looks objectionable. I like that this SUV does not look like every other one on the road.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2023, 10:22 AM   #10
The Northman
Rep
Drives: Bmw XM

Sucks with the wait. I was told by i the largest dealership in Sweden that there is some delay on some XM’s due to the 23 inch rims and that they are currently out of stock…
Appreciate 1
Senox3.00
      05-18-2023, 01:38 PM   #11
larryc
Rep
Drives: BMW M850

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Northman View Post
Sucks with the wait. I was told by i the largest dealership in Sweden that there is some delay on some XM’s due to the 23 inch rims and that they are currently out of stock…
Hi! When did you order and what was your delivery deadline? I'm waiting for my XM in Estonia, got B&W and 23" wheels, so far the dealer said that the car is in transit.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2023, 02:03 PM   #12
Momomo1
Private
Rep

27 days and counting

I placed my order on February 20. Went into final assembly / quality check on April 21. My dealer does not have any new info sadly.

I do have 23” rims in metal alloy spec’d as well as the Bowers and Wilkins. At this point, it has to be a part delay because no matter how exhaustive a quality control check might be, it would not take 27 days and counting.

Hope you get yours soon!
Appreciate 1
larryc15.00
      05-19-2023, 12:28 AM   #13
larryc
Rep

I ordered mine in October, production date was in April. Hope you get yours soon too!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2023, 06:09 PM   #14
nicosusername
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Sorry to hear you are in the same boat! Please post if there is any movement and I will do the same. My dealer said that he had a M4 stuck at this stage for over a month
Still no progress sadly
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2023, 01:10 AM   #15
Momomo1
Private
Rep

Day 32 and counting
Appreciate 1
TN2SC2020151.50
      05-24-2023, 07:43 AM   #16
The Northman
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryc View Post
Hi! When did you order and what was your delivery deadline? I'm waiting for my XM in Estonia, got B&W and 23" wheels, so far the dealer said that the car is in transit.
I Ordered mine first week in October. My XM have just arrived to Germany and is expected to come to Sweden within 7-10 days.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2023, 07:44 AM   #17
The Northman
Rep

Quote:
Day 32 and counting
I feel for you Bro. Crossing my fingers it will be solved very soon.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2023, 08:28 AM   #18
larryc
Rep

Quote:
I Ordered mine first week in October. My XM have just arrived to Germany and is expected to come to Sweden within 7-10 days.
Wow! That is amazing! Looking forward to see some pictures. We have an XM intro event tomorrow in Tallinn, hope to see the beast in flesh for the first time.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2023, 12:01 PM   #19
Momomo1
Private
Rep

Awaiting carrier assignment!

Hello all, after 34 days of Quality Check / Final Assembly purgatory, my build has moved to the carrier assignment stage this morning.

Not sure how much longer until I take delivery in Las Vegas. Will reach out to my SA this morning for estimate.

Finally, things are moving again! I hope others who are in the same boat are encouraged by this news
Appreciate 2
Senox3.00
TN2SC2020151.50
      05-25-2023, 09:58 PM   #20
Senox
Rep
Drives: Audi A7

Quote:
I think you could be correct that it’s the 23” that is the issue.

I ordered a XM to Sweden in April and was told all slots dedicated to Sweden for 2023 was already sold out and expected delivery now was Q1-Q2 2024.

I’m ambivalent when it comes to large rims. Do think it looks great but don’t like the fact that they are easily damaged, worse ride quality, higher consumption, slower acceleration and higher road noise. Beauty VS efficiency.

Since I drive about 30.000 km per year I was a bit afraid that I might start to be annoyed about the road noise and that I would feel every stone (have a very bad road to my house). I’m the kind of guy that think it’s pleasant experience every year to change to winter tires due to the smaller rims🤷🏻‍♂️. [I hear my self sound like a 80 year old man…]

Pretty sure I would enjoy the 21” most. However I personally thought they looked very bad so in my battle between vanity and function I choosed the 22”.

The other day I went in to my dealer and it turned out that my salesman didn’t work there any longer (!). I talked to another one and explained that I had ordered an XM but that it was expected in about a year. When he looked up the order it turned out that my ordered XM just had arrived to Sweden and that it was expected to arrive at the dealership in about 2 weeks. -I was quite surprised!

So apparently it skipped the estimated delivery time with about 1 year!

The only logical explanation I have found is that it’s due to that I choosed the 22”. -think most people goes for the 23”.

I ordered the upgraded sound system as well as the electric towbar. Since that was about the only option available I can’t see any other reason, except if an error has been made. The car most have gone in production just days after I placed the order.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2023, 10:45 PM   #21
alexlucky
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW XM

Garage List
2023 BMW XM  [10.00]
Quote:
Hello all, after 34 days of Quality Check / Final Assembly purgatory, my build has moved to the carrier assignment stage this morning.

Not sure how much longer until I take delivery in Las Vegas. Will reach out to my SA this morning for estimate.

Finally, things are moving again! I hope others who are in the same boat are encouraged by this news
Congrats! I hope you get it soon!
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2023, 06:27 PM   #22
nicosusername
First Lieutenant
Rep

I am not sure when exactly this happened, but according to the Track My BMW portal as of today, the car has been dispatched from factory.
Appreciate 0