BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Wheels/Tires Discusion Looking for Thoughts

12-14-2021, 12:54 PM   #1
Charx7
Rep
Drives: Bmw X7

Wheels/Tires Discusion Looking for Thoughts

Hi there,

I bought a 2022 X7 with the 21" Double-spoke bi-color orbit grey wheels, style 754M. They have only 10 miles on them.

But, I ideally wanted the 22" Multi-spoke bi-color ferric grey wheels, style 757.

They didn't have the 22s for the X7 I wanted because of the M package. Thus I settled for the 21 Ms.

Would you go to the dealership or trade for someone on here or sell the 21"s. Just looking for thoughts. Thanks!

First time BMW buyer.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2021, 06:59 PM   #2
AdmirG07
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 2021 x7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charx7 View Post
Hi there,

I bought a 2022 X7 with the 21" Double-spoke bi-color orbit grey wheels, style 754M. They have only 10 miles on them.

But, I ideally wanted the 22" Multi-spoke bi-color ferric grey wheels, style 757.

They didn't have the 22s for the X7 I wanted because of the M package. Thus I settled for the 21 Ms.

Would you go to the dealership or trade for someone on here or sell the 21"s. Just looking for thoughts. Thanks!

First time BMW buyer.
Where do you live? Keep in mind, if you live where it gets below 45 you will need a winter set. Summer tires are no go aka 22". Maybe u just keep that set and buy a summer set.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2021, 12:17 AM   #3
Charx7
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirG07 View Post
Where do you live? Keep in mind, if you live where it gets below 45 you will need a winter set. Summer tires are no go aka 22". Maybe u just keep that set and buy a summer set.
I live in Washington state, in the mountains. Where we actually get crazy amounts of snow. So you suggesting a different type of wheels for winter?

I was seeing if anyone has ever bought the 757 from the dealer or traded for them after purchase. Thanks for you reply!
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2021, 05:45 AM   #4
AdmirG07
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 2021 x7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charx7 View Post
Quote:
I live in Washington state, in the mountains. Where we actually get crazy amounts of snow. So you suggesting a different type of wheels for winter?

I was seeing if anyone has ever bought the 757 from the dealer or traded for them after purchase. Thanks for you reply!
If you currently have 21" with all season tires, you might be ok for some snow. But if you switch to 22" they don't have any all season in stock size (315s). So you would need something for winter. Getting another set of wheels will prob cost you just as much as you can make selling your set. This is why I said you are better off keeping that set for winter and looking to get 757 set in 22" for summer with summer tire
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2021, 06:15 AM   #5
x7bmw23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X7 40i M Sport

I didn't like any of the 22" wheel options that bmw offered when I built my X7. However, I did want oem bmw wheels. I really liked the BMW X5 22" wheel so I found an oem X5 set of 22" wheels only on eBay for $2999. I actually bought the 22" wheels before I took delivery of the vehicle. Same bolt pattern on each vehicle and added spacers for a seamless look.

Since I had the summer wheels, I built the vehicle with the 21" split spoke wheel with all season run flats.

I put the 22" wheels on for about 2-3 months of the year. Will keep my tires on the 22" wheels in decent shape for about three years. I barely drive it during the summer and I don't drive or brake aggressively.

A dedicated summer and winter set is the way to go.

After I took delivery, I noticed someone on here installed 22" winter tires on their X7. They just kept switching the tires only each summer/winter. Had I know that, I probably would've went that route….but the tire shortage on the rear tires on the X7 make me nervous.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2021, 05:44 AM   #6
Charx7
Rep

Quote:
If you currently have 21" with all season tires, you might be ok for some snow. But if you switch to 22" they don't have any all season in stock size (315s). So you would need something for winter. Getting another set of wheels will prob cost you just as much as you can make selling your set. This is why I said you are better off keeping that set for winter and looking to get 757 set in 22" for summer with summer tire

Thank you for your insight 👍👍
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2021, 05:47 AM   #7
Charx7
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x7bmw23 View Post
I didn't like any of the 22" wheel options that bmw offered when I built my X7. However, I did want oem bmw wheels. I really liked the BMW X5 22" wheel so I found an oem X5 set of 22" wheels only on eBay for $2999. I actually bought the 22" wheels before I took delivery of the vehicle. Same bolt pattern on each vehicle and added spacers for a seamless look.

Since I had the summer wheels, I built the vehicle with the 21" split spoke wheel with all season run flats.

I put the 22" wheels on for about 2-3 months of the year. Will keep my tires on the 22" wheels in decent shape for about three years. I barely drive it during the summer and I don't drive or brake aggressively.

A dedicated summer and winter set is the way to go.

After I took delivery, I noticed someone on here installed 22" winter tires on their X7. They just kept switching the tires only each summer/winter. Had I know that, I probably would've went that route….but the tire shortage on the rear tires on the X7 make me nervous.

Great to know. I have the 21" with all season tires. So I guess I'm off to look for the 757s for my summer look ��
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2021, 03:56 PM   #8
Waz
Rep
Drives: BMW X2 xDrive28i

I have 21s with non-run flat. Nail punctured the right rear recently. Dealer plugged the hole for $30 vs a new tire for about $400. Keep in mind that the dealer would only replace a run-flat yet they can repair the non-run flats. I also prefer the ride from the non-run flat tires. So far my all season tires have faired pretty well in the cold and snow but ideally I would have a summer as well as winter set and not compromise with all seasons.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2021, 03:25 AM   #9
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Agreed, in places like Washington state mountains, with cold and snow, dedicated summer and winter tires are the way to go. Full wheel and tire sets even better.

My X7 came with 22" summer speed tires. I bought a set of BMW 752 winter wheel and tires, and swap them out each winter. Definitely the way to go. Check out my cross-country road trip thread in my signature for details.
And road trip journal to Denali and the Arctic Circle here in this thread!
Appreciate 0