E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > dealer offer or lemon law?

02-12-2010, 05:10 PM   #23
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

i think you should try to get back as much of your money as you can. so probably lemon the car. the dealer might be trying to salvage the situation, but they're still trying to make a buck or two in the process. i think it's just business, man; wouldn't you get more money if you lemon rather than take dealer's offer?

+1 get BMWNA involved.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2010, 08:22 AM   #24
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mech_Man View Post
The trunk money amount varies per car / local / marketplace.
I got a $1,200 credit in Trunk Money on my e92 purchased 6/2008.

The marketing (MACO) varies from dealer to dealer, and I found a dealer who didn't participate, so mine was $0. The training, I understand, is non-negotiable.

The $tealerships to watch out for also tack onto the "invoice", extra fees like Dealer Prep, Washing, Gas fillup, and document fees (Tag & Title) that exceed reasonable filing fees.

So "Invoice +" as a purchasing method is outdated, as the dealers know how to get around it to squeeze extra from you.

Also, I don't know the actual Lemon Law specifics for your area, but you should be able to find it on the internet easy enough (most big cities have law firms that specialize in this --- and put the law up on their websites). You should check to see if the law applies to leases, vs purchased.
This is good info, and I totally agree with invoice + as being outdated. But how many people here still insist that's the way to go?

I found out the hard way--I listened to the forum, and negotiated the "invoice" way. To my surprise, the out the door price was not making sense, when I used edmunds as a reference. MACO and training fees and reggie fees out of nowhere. So I told the sales mgr no more, I'm out, I'm getting it in Man****** where I got an out-the-door price about a grand south of this seemingly good invoice deal. After the lecture that everyone pays these fees and turning his monitor around to show me his "invoice +," he lowered the price. I understand he still has to pay those fees, but the key is HE has to pay, not me.

When we buy a home, refi, etc., there are lots of hidden fees. Nobody says we can't learn what they are, and then refuse to pay them. But marketing's job is to have customers pay more, but feel ok about it.
Appreciate 0