BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Anyone encountering rattles in the cabin?

02-27-2023, 12:06 AM   #45
Paultattoo
Paul Tattoo
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacek_PL View Post
For example, in my car there was noise from the plastic ends of the 2nd row bench rails. I put ("stuffed") a little soft black material under them and ... silence ... So the noise in the car for over 100k $ can be repaired with pieces of a black sock ...)))
Same exact problem solved the same exact way.

But this is my third X7. Had a 2020 and now on my second 2022. The first two were flawless. Then Covid hit and everything went to heck

So many little features that I paid for but didn't get. Like the touch knob and the color temp control. I don't miss the charging pad but I did pay for it?
Received on 12/28/2023: 2024 X7 XDrive 40i Obsidian Black, Coffee Vernasca Leather, M SPORT, EXECUTIVE, DYNAMIC, ASSISTANCE PRO PKG, LUX SEATING, COLD WEATHER, PARK ASSIST, Ambient Air, Shadowline Trim,
Harman Kardon, Trailer Hitch.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2023, 12:23 PM   #46
SUVLustMaster
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX xDrive50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paultattoo View Post
Same exact problem solved the same exact way.

But this is my third X7. Had a 2020 and now on my second 2022. The first two were flawless. Then Covid hit and everything went to heck

So many little features that I paid for but didn't get. Like the touch knob and the color temp control. I don't miss the charging pad but I did pay for it?
Honestly, anyone considering the X7 should consider waiting for BMW to improve their build quality and address their lack of buttons. In terms of alternatives, I know this is not your typical cross-shop target, but the new 2023 Honda Pilot Elite is an excellent SUV if you need a second vehicle and a great hold-over option. Hear me out. You're getting a refined / smooth ride, a quiet cabin, far more leg room and interior space than the X7, a pano sun-roof, HARD BUTTONS!!!! You get hard buttons on your steering wheel for adaptive cruise control, hard HVAC buttons, HUD, AA/CarPlay, surround view camera, and most importantly, HONDA reliability and you save about USD 40,000.

These reviews support my recommendation!

Exterior design isn't so bad. Looks boxy and truck-like to me.
Appreciate 0