01-17-2023, 10:43 PM   #67
X6DividedByTwo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 x3 xDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW5and7 View Post
Here is my review for the BMW Display Key with fully-featured touchscreen vs remote services via (I use both, but each for a different non-redundant reasons).

Fancy or useless?
Let's start with this one. Is it fancy? well - yes at least to me; but is is useful or useless? The points below speaks to my experience with the display key. As far as the design and the fancy aspect, it is certainly a fancy key and always gets questions by collogues/friends and others if it's accidently setting on my desk, table in a restaurant, etc. Perhaps not the most important feature, but I truly think it is a fancy option.

Faster access to the status of doors "closed or opened", and much faster to condition the vehicle before taking off.
This is the main reason I am using it for. I know most of these features are available via the app, however, at least on my iphone it takes me about 7-10 seconds to condition the vehicle or to check the status of doors, etc (time needed to unlock via faceID, get the app, app loading, click the option needed aka condition/AC. Via the key, it is as quick as one swipe and one click, exactly 2-3 seconds and it's done. When am rushing to go to work, or for an appointment, I find it useful to be able to do that.

Faster "and only way" to adjust height remotely.
I have kids and sometimes my parents are around, and I like to adjust the height to a lower setting, turn the AC and let them access the vehicle while am getting ready rather than rushing to be the first in the car to do all this. Just like the earlier point, it [...]
Thank you for dropping knowledge!
Appreciate 1
BMW5and71061.50
      01-18-2023, 01:46 PM   #68
PinkNinja400Guy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 X7 M50

Well, I got a call back from the parts guy at my dealership. He was able to place the order in his system yesterday, but today BMWNA manually cancelled the order on their end.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2023, 02:49 PM   #69
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkNinja400Guy View Post
Well, I got a call back from the parts guy at my dealership. He was able to place the order in his system yesterday, but today BMWNA manually cancelled the order on their end.
Now how stupid is that?!? It's a freaking Fob.
Appreciate 0