BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Alpina XB7 Nr. 77 (Picture & Video Heavy)

08-27-2021, 08:28 AM   #45
FourPtDrift
This is my unique custom title
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5C, '20 F83 M4C

Extremely well done! I think your Alpina is gorgeous and the video is extremely well done!

I think I've found the "twin" to my '21 M5C LCI.

I posted a vid a few weeks ago you might enjoy, too!

https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1828564

And earlier today I posted a detail (24 photos in 3 parts/posts) on PPF protection - which I urge you to do for your XB7 as well.

You can see that here:

https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1853736

Thanks again for sharing the great video and photos! Enjoy!

-Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bele View Post
Hi,

I waited almost a year for this beauty (order is from last summer). Now its here. It is awesome to drive that thing it feels like a small car when driving around corners and there is always enough power. Perfect car in every aspect. In Germany we say to such a thing "Eierlegende Wollmilchsau" (egg-laying woolly milk sow) ;-).

Enough words. Pictures...

2021 F90 Comp LCI Frozen Marina Bay Blue/Aragon Brown Full Merino
2020 F83 Comp LCI Porsche Chalk/Black Full Merino
2018 F82 Comp LCI Mineral White/Sakhir Orange (Sold)
2017 F83 Comp Black Saphhire/Sakhir Orange (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2021, 09:12 AM   #46
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIPE_DR View Post
Quote:
i added some more pictures. Have fun :-)
You have the nicest X7 on this forum in my opinion. Most beautiful exterior color combo I've seen. Never understood why some would pay the premium for the typical XB7. I get the performance part but to me the styling was Meh…. until I saw yours with the shadow line trim. The black accents just completely change the entire thing for me. Wow! Congrats! I want that
I could retype every word but that would not make this car more stunning than it already is.

This car would easily win any intergalactic car show. Stunning and even more stunning ….
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2021, 09:14 AM   #47
deemo319
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Now this is how an Alpina XB7 is supposed to look. Understated luxury laid over German performance with aesthetics that offers just a hint of aggressive tension that's barely under the surface.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2021, 09:23 AM   #48
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

these things are so sick! we sold a black one this week. Alpina did a killer job on these!

congrats OP great color combo

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2021, 09:24 AM   #49
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Looks really good !! No chrome all over really helps the overall look of the non m-sport accompanied by the Alpina extras. The packages you are actually getting are all the reasons why I backed off from the Alpina and bought the fully loaded M50i. I felt like BMW was short changing us here in the US with the nonsense they are saying is an Alpina. What you have there my friend is an Alpina. I would buy that if it were available state side. You're gonna make all the US Alpina owners jealous
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2021, 09:57 AM   #50
Mani59
BMW Miniature Collector!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E38 735i SE Individual

Congratulations! I love the interior choice!

Visit my (mainly) BMW gallery http://jetone.co.uk
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2021, 12:36 PM   #51
suprtran
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Garage List
Beautiful!! The exact spec I would want, save the black wheels.

Is Shadowline a BMW Individual option? I don't recall it was a selectable option on BMWUSA's build site.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2021, 03:44 AM   #52
Bele
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW19 View Post
Looks great.Only thing missing that i would want would be M seats but those are never included in Alpina models anyway.This whole package should be offered in North America.It makes the XB7 look like a proper performance SUV.I guess this is as close to an X7M as we are going to get from BMW.

Yeah the default alpina is for me to gentle. With that black its a little bit more aggressive but not to much. And i love the seats. I have air condition and the massage also comes handy. I do not sweat now on long tours. And you can adjust them like hell. And if you want you can make them really tight so you have a feeling of a sports seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikiD View Post
Yeah, not ideal at all. Can't wait for my Alpina to arrive so I can enjoy it.
you will love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT1183 View Post
wow!! love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourPtDrift View Post
Extremely well done! I think your Alpina is gorgeous and the video is extremely well done!

I think I've found the "twin" to my '21 M5C LCI.

I posted a vid a few weeks ago you might enjoy, too!

And earlier today I posted a detail (24 photos in 3 parts/posts) on PPF protection - which I urge you to do for your XB7 as well.

Thanks again for sharing the great video and photos! Enjoy!

-Daniel
Thx Daniel. Yeah your M5C looks great too. Your pictures and video is awesome. I did i full PPF and coating already. This was the first thing that i did. I went to Buchloe collected the car, drove 70km and did the PPF and Coating. Had to wait 5 days to complete it. So i had it for an hour and than i needed to wait for another week But now the whole car has a PPF and a special PPF Coating. After that i drove 40km and collected my roofbox from thule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm56d7b View Post
I could retype every word but that would not make this car more stunning than it already is.

This car would easily win any intergalactic car show. Stunning and even more stunning ….
You know, we cant here it enough, thx .

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemo319 View Post
Now this is how an Alpina XB7 is supposed to look. Understated luxury laid over German performance with aesthetics that offers just a hint of aggressive tension that's barely under the surface.
Yeah, my words

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
these things are so sick! we sold a black one this week. Alpina did a killer job on these!

congrats OP great color combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani59 View Post
Congratulations! I love the interior choice!
Yeah, was a "not" so hard decision, but the price was heavy ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillplayswithcarss View Post
serious yachting vibes, congrats!
this is on my todo list, but that takes some more years

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprtran View Post
Beautiful!! The exact spec I would want, save the black wheels.

Is Shadowline a BMW Individual option? I don't recall it was a selectable option on BMWUSA's build site.
Yeah the black wheels change the look of the car. Im a little bit curious how the black winter tires from Alpina will look like. But in a few months we will know
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
MystroX56283.50
houbmw65.50
Al Pinã1839.50
Wes335XI107.00
djbonsu113.00
      08-29-2021, 01:00 PM   #53
Eagle Creek
Part of the bimmer family!
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMWG20; BMW E90

Garage List
2019 G20 330e  [0.00]
Yacht on wheels! Stunning!! 😬
      09-03-2021, 11:18 AM   #54
Emir1010
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M440iX G22

Congrats on the car, beautiful spec!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2021, 10:54 AM   #55
fkim119
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17 Porsche Panamera Turbo

I love that interior! Wish we had it here!
22' Porsche Cayenne Turbo
24' Porsche GT4RS on order
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 07:29 AM   #56
Bele
Rep

So winter tires on 😜 i think they are OK but not that great… ( The Look) But i don't want to go an own route, i take what Alpina suggest.
Attached Images

Last edited by Bele; 11-30-2021 at 07:34 AM.. Reason: forgot picture
Appreciate 2
djbonsu113.00
GrussGott18116.50
      11-30-2021, 11:00 AM   #57
djbonsu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 05' L322 Range Rover

Quote:
So winter tires on 😜 i think they are OK but not that great… ( The Look) But i don't want to go an own route, i take what Alpina suggest.
Still looking good with the winters on it! What a machine you have there!
2020 X7 xDrive40i Mineral White//Ivory White Full Merino//Piano Black Trim//Cold Weather//Driving Assistance//Luxury Seating// Executive//Style 755-22" Y-Spoke Wheels//Space Saver Spare//Leather Dash//Ambient Air//Harmon Kardon//Extended Shadowline//Alcantara Headliner//
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 06:45 PM   #58
Mail4loys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '20 X7 M50i, '21 M340i

Garage List
2021 BMW M340i  [0.00]
2020 BMW X7 M50i  [0.00]
Quote:
That's crazy looking ... enjoy your ride!
2023 GMC Sierra 1500
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 10:10 AM   #59
LitLitBit
Rep
Drives: Ordered 2022 Alpina XB7

Quote:
im not sure, but that could be possible. The order changed in january and that was also the production time in USA. For reference here the order number:
Hi Bele , absolute beast of a ride. I wanted to ask about your request for the black package was after you had a production number or before? I’ve already put down my deposit but do not have a production number yet and wanted to know at what point were you able to make that switch. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 10:33 AM   #60
NLRMS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW XB7 Alpina

Quote:
Originally Posted by LitLitBit View Post
Hi Bele , absolute beast of a ride. I wanted to ask about your request for the black package was after you had a production number or before? I’ve already put down my deposit but do not have a production number yet and wanted to know at what point were you able to make that switch. Thanks!
Hey LitLitBit,

Just curious. Are you in North America or somewhere else?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 03:41 PM   #61
LitLitBit
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLRMS View Post
Hey LitLitBit,

Just curious. Are you in North America or somewhere else?
Yes North America, Tennessee to be exact.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 06:44 PM   #62
NLRMS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yes North America, Tennessee to be exact.
Based on the experience I had I would say you have very low ( maybe even zero) chance of getting your Alpina with blacked out chrome from the factory. I hope you have better luck than me though. Would be happy to see Alpina and BMW start offering this option for our market.

I placed my order in June and reached out to BMW NA Special Orders asking if I can get my car with full shadow line but they replied saying they won't be able to do it. Your dealership won't be able to do anything regarding that matter either.

Next step was to reach out to Alpina directly. Their reply was that even though there is an Alpina black package available ( what Bele was able to get in Germany) it is not available to North American buyers.

I wish you luck and if you are able to get Alpina or BMW to do what you need please share it in the forum.

Last edited by NLRMS; 12-02-2021 at 06:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 10:19 PM   #63
LitLitBit
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLRMS View Post
Based on the experience I had I would say you have very low ( maybe even zero) chance of getting your Alpina with blacked out chrome from the factory. I hope you have better luck than me though. Would be happy to see Alpina and BMW start offering this option for our market.

I placed my order in June and reached out to BMW NA Special Orders asking if I can get my car with full shadow line but they replied saying they won't be able to do it. Your dealership won't be able to do anything regarding that matter either.

Next step was to reach out to Alpina directly. Their reply was that even though there is an Alpina black package available ( what Bele was able to get in Germany) it is not available to North American buyers.

I wich you luck and if you are able to get Alpina or BMW to do what you need please share it in the forum.
Thank you that’s good to know. I guess my question is if I ultimately fail at getting it because it just can’t be done in NA what would it cost to buy an XB7 in Europe? A few extra k for shipping?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 06:41 PM   #64
NLRMS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thank you that’s good to know. I guess my question is if I ultimately fail at getting it because it just can’t be done in NA what would it cost to buy an XB7 in Europe? A few extra k for shipping?
You mean you want to buy an XB7 from Europe and import it to NA?

If that is what you mean I doubt you want to go that route and here is why:

XB7 is running on the same production line as X7 in Spartanburg, SC. Then you get the Alpina treatment in SC as well because some of the parts are shipped from Alpina in Germany and assembled by trained Alpina technicians. For EU market that same X7 is shipped from SC to Germany and I believe it gets the Alpina treatment there. Not 100 percent sure if that is the process and if anyone has info please correct me if I am wrong.

Then you have 2 different markets. All BMW X models are way more expensive in Europe compared to North America and that includes XB7. Granted you get more options as well but even if it was built with the same options it would still be more expensive. Maybe Bele can share with as how much XB7 costs in Europe so you will have an idea to compare prices.

It would cost you way more than a few extra thousand and many more months of waiting just to get that black package you want. And keep in mind that it wasn't easy for Bele to convince Alpina to get that chrome blacked out by them.

The process would look like this:

You order an XB7 from an European BMW dealership, pay way more than the car costs in the USA. BMW builds your car in SC, ships it to Europe, then you get the Alpina treatment hopefully with your black package. After that the car has to be shipped to your European dealership which will have to ship it back to the US.

Don't know about you but I wouldn't even consider doing something like this. I really wanted that chrome blacked out by Alpina or BMW but I tried them a few times and the answer was NO to all of my requests. I decided to get the car I ordered and just hire a local shop to black out the chrome. Will it look nice? Will have to wait a few more days to find out and I hope it turns out the way I want. Keep in mind that it does take quite a while before you XB7 is built. Mine took 5 months from order to delivery. You might be lucky and get yours sooner if your dealership has an allocation in the next few months.

Sorry for the long post. It's just I went through this and it bothered me for a while that you could order an X7 M50I with full shadow line but not an XB7. Thought Alpina would be more open to accepting custom orders when someone is willing to pay for that individual customization.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 02:52 AM   #65
Bele
Rep

Quote:
I think it is like NLRMS described.

What i heard, im not sure if this is correct, they took my alpina with chrome from US to Germany and when they did my interior they removed the chrome parts and added the black ones.

Quote:

I think it is way cheaper to let your dealer remove the chrome parts and add the black ones.
Appreciate 0