BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum 2021 Mercedes-AMG GLS 63 vs BMW Alpina XB7 [by Throttle House]

02-17-2021, 07:05 AM   #1
Mani59
BMW Miniature Collector!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E38 735i SE Individual & i4 35

2021 Mercedes-AMG GLS 63 vs BMW Alpina XB7 [by Throttle House]

Visit my (mainly) BMW gallery http://jetone.co.uk
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25175.00
      02-17-2021, 07:44 AM   #2
Al Pină
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Ugh, these guys are tough to watch. I don't understand how non-car guys get their own Youtube channel. Sounds like they should be reviewing cell phones or vacuum cleaners.
      02-17-2021, 08:09 AM   #3
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

The take away was what I already knew. If you try to “full M” any 7 series, you will ruin it.

I still am not sure how these guys couldn’t find the eq??? Perhaps start with playing music you want to adjust then.......? They were being stupid for the sake of being stupid. Of course the BMW is better made than MB when comparing build materials and fit and finish in the interior. Nothing new there. The fogged up headlights on the GLS kinda says it all. It’s hard to watch these kind of YouTube reviews as you have to almost turn off the sound and look at the vehicles with your own priorities and personal taste. The reviewers personal experience and priorities are better targeted to a M440i than full blow full size luxury/performance SUV.

Last edited by MystroX5; 02-17-2021 at 08:21 AM..
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7844.50
      02-17-2021, 11:31 AM   #4
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
The take away was what I already knew. If you try to “full M” any 7 series, you will ruin it.

I still am not sure how these guys couldn’t find the eq??? Perhaps start with playing music you want to adjust then.......? They were being stupid for the sake of being stupid. Of course the BMW is better made than MB when comparing build materials and fit and finish in the interior. Nothing new there. The fogged up headlights on the GLS kinda says it all. It’s hard to watch these kind of YouTube reviews as you have to almost turn off the sound and look at the vehicles with your own priorities and personal taste. The reviewers personal experience and priorities are better targeted to a M440i than full blow full size luxury/performance SUV.
I agree with you. These two guys are sad to watch. This is what happens when you need to quickly produce those youtube videos for clicks - no time to actually learn something about the car.
Appreciate 0