BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum M50i with insane steering intervention (which is off)/software problem?

08-26-2023, 05:15 PM   #1
Nicsko
Registered
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i

M50i with insane steering intervention (which is off)/software problem?

On 8/3 I had multi system failure, 5 faults (Restraint system, driver asst reduced, read axle diff locked, 4wd system and parking asst malfunction) and car went into limp home. No power steering and the car was fighting to pull me out of every bend/turn and go in the opposite direction. I have ALL driver assistance OFF because I hate it. The roadside guy who towed it in said 9 out of the 11 cars he towed in that day were BMWs with similar or same issues. He said it's a bad remote software update.

Service started a TSARA case. BMW says it was a software issue. They "fixed" it and gave me the car back after 5 days.

8/21 while merging into the hwy (no acceleration lane, so gunned it to get into the right lane), the car jerked to the left so violently I couldn't control it and nearly wrecked into someone in the left lane at speed. After a few seconds it let me have control of the car again. Started dinging, Driver assistance reduced message (lane departure warning and blind spot detection), then screens went black, it rebooted and check control messages were erased. It pulled to the left or right again repeatedly but not as violently.

Had it towed again, to a different dealership this time. There are currently no fault codes found. They dodged my questions about known software problems. They asked for permission for the foreman to take it home. I haven't gotten any updates from them. They gave me an x7 40i loaner.

Within 30 minutes of driving that car, it jerked itself hard to the right on the hwy with my young son in the car. I immediately took photos of the check control faults. More "Driver Assistance Reduced" messages. I'm floored. This has got to be a more widespread problem than they are letting on. I refuse to drive it and the dealer will deliver an x5 Monday and take this one away.

At this point, I cannot ever drive my car again unless they 1) identify the problem with certainty and 2) prove to me they have fixed it. That could have had a tragic ending.

Anyone else experienced this?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2023, 07:23 AM   #2
bimmerdiesel
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335d, G07 M50i, F26 X4

Garage List
2022 bmw X7 M50i  [0.00]
2016 BMW X4  [0.00]
2009 BMW 335D  [0.00]
That’s unfortunate. No issues on my 22M50i. What version is your car on?
Appreciate 0