BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Electrical Gremlins?

07-15-2019, 07:55 AM   #1
khai Dow
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: "Grey Goose" X7 40D, IOMG M4C

Electrical Gremlins?

Today I got into the car and I lost all functionality from the centre driver display. The BC button wouldn't cycle through any of the normal functions and the M50d model logo stayed there when usually it disappears. Has anyone seen this or know how to reset it?

I tried holding down the BC button on the control stalk for 30s and a weird menu appeared with an option to "identify". The BC button then scrolled through a few other options but nothing that looked like a reset. Please tell me I don't need to go to the dealer for this...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 08:10 AM   #2
LittleJoe
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 EQS 580 SUV

Try rebooting iDrive. Power off iDrive by pressing the Volume button once. Then press and hold the Volume for up to 30 seconds until you hear a faint sound which indicates the reboot is complete. This may bring back your center console data.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 09:27 AM   #3
khai Dow
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe View Post
Try rebooting iDrive. Power off iDrive by pressing the Volume button once. Then press and hold the Volume for up to 30 seconds until you hear a faint sound which indicates the reboot is complete. This may bring back your center console data.
Thanks LJ. I did try this - but it only rebooted the iDrive, reconnected CarPlay etc. It had no impact on the centre drivers display.

Any other ideas?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 09:55 AM   #4
dmann33
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 650i

Quote:
Originally Posted by khai Dow View Post
Thanks LJ. I did try this - but it only rebooted the iDrive, reconnected CarPlay etc. It had no impact on the centre drivers display.

Any other ideas?
This happend to me once on the 40i when I was on the way to the dealer anyway, but after shutting it off and back on the BC began to scroll through options again. If that does not help, I'd guess going the dealer is likely needed.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 10:42 AM   #5
khai Dow
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmann33 View Post
This happend to me once on the 40i when I was on the way to the dealer anyway, but after shutting it off and back on the BC began to scroll through options again. If that does not help, I'd guess going the dealer is likely needed.
Thanks DM. I restarted a coupe of times but didn't make any difference. I did text my genius rep and he helpfully suggested that I leave the car locked for at least an hour and it should reset. No news yet...
Appreciate 0