BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum X7 Quirks and Irks

07-12-2019, 11:33 AM   #155
SAMJAD
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

to add to this... we got ours about three weeks ago and put about 900 miles on it. What I can't figure out is how to see the odometer while driving? The only time I see it is when I turn off the engine. While driving the map displays block the area where I typically see the odometer reading.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 11:37 AM   #156
Missduvy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMJAD View Post
to add to this... we got ours about three weeks ago and put about 900 miles on it. What I can't figure out is how to see the odometer while driving? The only time I see it is when I turn off the engine. While driving the map displays block the area where I typically see the odometer reading.
Not certain I’m understanding exactly what you’re referring to. But the stalk on the left side of the steering wheel has two buttons on the end. The top one will scroll through all the options you can see on the instrument panel. Also, in the iDrive menu, you can change what appears in the center — under Displays I believe.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 11:32 PM   #157
CruiseControl
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 40iM

Maybe mine needs adjusting but when my mirrors are in the folded position one is not folded as much so they look a bit misaligned.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2020, 06:45 PM   #158
21XD7
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 Msport

Garage List
2021 Alpina XD7  [0.00]
Less than pumped on my Alpina XD7

I just purchased a 21 XD7 and its a nice car but I also have a few things I'm less than pumped about. I'd like to say over all I really like the car!
But as this other person noted the control for climate and some other things that were easy to use before are now a dozen clicks away distracting the driver making it less safe than previous models in some ways.
*The back seat is just ok nothing special and I have the captains chairs. They sit very flat both front to back and side to side making them lifeless and lacking luxury. You never get into a laid back relaxed position like the older 7 series. I'd have to say similar for the front seats, they're better but also don't tilt back like the older 7 or E70 X5 with multi contour seating so you don't get the support behind the knee's a true luxury car should have.
*They also should have made some sort of foot rest in the back.
*They didn't include the display key, at $155k it should have it.
*They didn't include any mounts for rear entertainment, again at $155k I shouldn't be buying extra things to complete the car, these things aren't custom items it has the holes for the mount.
*A LOT of plastic around the seats, driver controls and console.
*More wind noise than I expect to have in luxury.
*Very minimal interior difference between the Alpina and any other X7.
*Suspension doesn't allow to select highest setting over 19MPH and will only go into lowest setting over 150MPH. If it's safe for the car to ride at the low setting at 150MPH then I should be able to at 55MPH...
*They used both chrome and black trim on the outside, pick a trim color...

***Its VERY fast for a SUV I don't feel the need to upgrade anything about performance and that makes it the only car I didn't change or want to change performance.
***It rides great for a vehicle with 23" wheels
***Great looking SUV in my opinion
***Roomy
***Materials feel high quality with the exception of having to much plastic the other materials feel very nice. Would just have been nicer if they continued those materials where they added plastic.
***Besides changing the chrome trim to black and powder coating the wheels gloss black, tinting front 2 windows I don't feel the need to customize the look. Again I always either have or wanted to change the look of every car I've had.

Its a very nice SUV but BMW seems to not have the attention for detail like it did in the past. I think they lost some of that since they have so many different models that I couldn't even begin to name anymore.

Over all I love it, drives like a dream smooth and fast. These things are just me being a picky prick but I feel with no money on some and very little money on others it would put the car over the top.

Just my opinion talk as much trash as you wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdeschouwe View Post
Took delivery of my X7 5.0M ten days ago. Just realized I already put 1200miles on the car.

Here are some of the quirks of the new car:
-the 2nd row seat has some issues. if it does not click into position for some reason such as a soccer sock in the rail, the driver seat will not adjust or recline to its driver setting.
- every time the second row seat is moved to let the passengers access the third row. The driver seat moves and you have to manually move your driver seat back to your preferred setting.
- the a/c sync buttom which I use frequently as I always transport kids, is embetted in the a/c menu. In my 7series it was a button on the main panel.
- the crystal shifter has a cheap piece of plastic on the back end which is enoying knowing you paid extra for the glass "look".
- the stargaze digital led feature is only on the glas moon roof on the first and second row not on the third row. Still cool at night.
- the second row entertainment equipment is only android compatible when it comes to mirroring or playback capability. I was able to make it work but for a $2.200 option it's unacceptable to not have it seamlessly work with Apple products.
- the X7 M has a wider threshold than the regular X7 and yes your pants will get dirty getting in and out of the car, rubbing against the car.
- the car does not lower when doors are open which in my book defeats the purpose.

Last edited by 21XD7; 12-24-2020 at 11:18 PM..
Appreciate 1
Ilyam5888.50
      02-17-2021, 12:17 PM   #159
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///WeissBisBlau View Post
Does anyone know—or can anyone who has it already confirm—whether you can still “write” on the iDrive controller (i.e., entering in an address in the nav system) if you have the glass controls? My wife had said she wanted the glass controls, but our sales guy told us that the writing entry method would not work with the glass controls.
As an Optometrist, I was going to order some new polarized lenses custom and make them 90 degrees from normal so I can see the HUD when driving perfectly. Upon further testing in the X7, I realized that the both 12.3" dash screens are polarized as well. If you turn a good pair of RayBans 90 degrees on those screens they completely vanish. So basically you can get some made to see the HUD perfectly but you'll lose everything else. Makes no sense why the made the HUD visual angle the way they did. You can have one or the other, not both.
Appreciate 0