BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum BMW Rear Entertainment Screens

04-26-2022, 05:05 AM   #23
760Lifan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 4xe Summit R & Trailhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbt007 View Post
Is the RSE option not available any more?
Unfortunately, not. And although BMW seems to make a big deal out of the RES on the new 7-series, they are not bringing it back to the LCI on the X7.
Gone: 2020 X7 M50i, Mineral White, Ivory White Full Merino, Piano Black Trim, Cold Weather, Dynamic Handling, Driving Assistance, Luxury Seating, Executive, 22" Y-Spoke Orbit Grey Wheels Style 758i, Space Saver Spare, Trailer Hitch, Leather Dash, Ambient Air, Bowers & Wilkins, Rear Entertainment, Night Vision, Extended Shadowline, Alcantara Headliner in Upholstery Color.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 12:30 AM   #24
PNWM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW XM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerdoc2020 View Post
For me, the best part about the rear entertainment system isn't the screens in the back, it's the HDMI port so I can watch Fox News when I'm on the road. :-)
Fox News
Appreciate 1
      04-27-2022, 09:15 AM   #25
JoeyDDD0919
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWM3 View Post
Fox News
Not on any side. But have you ever heard the CNN+ was cancelled after two weeks of introduction?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 09:26 AM   #26
Socom
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 535Xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyDDD0919 View Post
Not on any side. But have you ever heard the CNN+ was cancelled after two weeks of introduction?
Lmao because it only got 10,000 subscribers in 2 months which is a joke

Regardless, lets keep this discussion about the bmw x7 not politics
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 10:30 AM   #27
JoeyDDD0919
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socom View Post
Lmao because it only got 10,000 subscribers in 2 months which is a joke

Regardless, lets keep this discussion about the bmw x7 not politics
Yep. Both sides are very stupid right now. LoL.

I think the cars are way funnier to talk about.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 01:18 PM   #28
djrabbi
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 M50i

I just purchased an X7 with RSE. But is there way to add apps to it or should I just use a firestick? My 1 year old loves Disney movies and Cocomelon. Or if there is a way to stream from tablet to RSE?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2022, 02:28 PM   #29
Socom
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 535Xi

Hey guys, can someone with an x7 with rear seat entertainment make a video and post it on youtube with all the features of the rear seat entertainment (menus/options) and also show what can be done from the front idrive screen?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2023, 11:25 AM   #30
mondynet
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X1, X3, X7

Hooked up a Nintendo switch via HDMI cable and there’s a significant lag while playing. Click on a button and it shows on screen after 1 second delay. Are you guys noticing the same?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2024, 01:52 AM   #31
Jerry333
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Garage List
2019 BMW X7  [0.00]
2024 BMW M2  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerdoc2020 View Post
For me, the best part about the rear entertainment system isn't the screens in the back, it's the HDMI port so I can watch Fox News when I'm on the road. :-)
how can you play video in front screen while driving? I have coded video in motion via bimmercode. The wireless mirroring works while driving but hdmi doesn't
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2024, 10:06 PM   #32
Jerry333
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Garage List
2019 BMW X7  [0.00]
2024 BMW M2  [5.00]
Never mind, I recoded the Video in motion via Bimmercode and it works
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2024, 11:12 PM   #33
uhn2000
Big K...
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3CS BX7

Speaking of rear screens, I was about to order a new BX7 to replace our loved 2022 and found out there is no more rear seat entertainment option.

“Unfortunately the rear entertainment system on the X7 has been discontinued in favour of the greater flexibility offered by the Travel and Comfort System (4FL). This will continue to be the case for the MY25 X7.”

No sure how this is better, I love the rear system now and its so easy with the kids to just put in the blueray and everything works. Any help on this would be amazing, I have young children and getting some ipads that can be ripped out of the car is now my idea of a friendly solution.
      03-15-2024, 10:57 AM   #34
chicagox7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Q7, 07 RDX, 23 X7 40i-soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhn2000 View Post
Speaking of rear screens, I was about to order a new BX7 to replace our loved 2022 and found out there is no more rear seat entertainment option.

“Unfortunately the rear entertainment system on the X7 has been discontinued in favour of the greater flexibility offered by the Travel and Comfort System (4FL). This will continue to be the case for the MY25 X7.”

No sure how this is better, I love the rear system now and its so easy with the kids to just put in the blueray and everything works. Any help on this would be amazing, I have young children and getting some ipads that can be ripped out of the car is now my idea of a friendly solution.
Not sure there’s much of an answer other than removable tablets. We have back seat protectors- in addition to the iPads- and store the iPads in the protector pockets when we park. We bought the BMW TCC for the headrest (even though one is on the back seat- the protector blocks the hook, though you can easily use the plug still). We bought iPad holders that connect to the headrest posts on Amazon and they seem to work well holding the iPads. The ones we have allow the arm to swing so that we can adjust as needed from the front seat should there be any issues (or if we want to turn them off for sleeping kids or just check out what they’re watching). We sometimes swap out the arm for the TCC connection and put the table in to alllw them to use that for drawing or whatever.

The one positive for us is that it prevents the kids from watching things on shorter trips/regular trips and keeps the screens for special/longer trips. If they were in the car permanently they’d ask to turn it on every time we got in……. (we remove the iPads and keep them in the house when not on long trips). That said- we are very conscious about removing them (we live in the city and they’d likely be gone if we left them out!).
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2024, 12:41 PM   #35
tkelley86
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagox7 View Post
Not sure there’s much of an answer other than removable tablets. We have back seat protectors- in addition to the iPads- and store the iPads in the protector pockets when we park. We bought the BMW TCC for the headrest (even though one is on the back seat- the protector blocks the hook, though you can easily use the plug still). We bought iPad holders that connect to the headrest posts on Amazon and they seem to work well holding the iPads. The ones we have allow the arm to swing so that we can adjust as needed from the front seat should there be any issues (or if we want to turn them off for sleeping kids or just check out what they’re watching). We sometimes swap out the arm for the TCC connection and put the table in to alllw them to use that for drawing or whatever.

The one positive for us is that it prevents the kids from watching things on shorter trips/regular trips and keeps the screens for special/longer trips. If they were in the car permanently they’d ask to turn it on every time we got in……. (we remove the iPads and keep them in the house when not on long trips). That said- we are very conscious about removing them (we live in the city and they’d likely be gone if we left them out!).
Love this whole sentiment! I need to get some tables for drawing, what a great idea!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2024, 08:16 PM   #36
chicagox7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Q7, 07 RDX, 23 X7 40i-soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkelley86 View Post
Love this whole sentiment! I need to get some tables for drawing, what a great idea!
We got the TCC tables. If you google them you can find them on sale. We have the TCC connectors for the headrest as well- again, if you google you can find them cheaper than list.

We splurged for the bmw back seat covers. They look great and are very functional for the kids. Easy access to big pockets and water bottle holder (and a zipn pocket on the bottom that the iPads can slip into to)
Appreciate 0