Jthompson
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Escalade ESV, M4, Range Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono View Post
Not sure what "a seasonal traveler" has to do with parking on 4 spots. I get it about parking in the back, I am doing this with all cars, even over 10 years old. Each ding hurts. I visited only 70+ countries so far, maybe therefore I don't get it when I see somebody parking on 4 spots.
The bigger question is why do you care how others park their vehicle? I choose to park where I want and away not to inconvenience other guests. I have 30+ years traveling in everything from exotics to full size trucks. I know how to feel out a parking lot and where to not be a target or get dings when parking.
The valet kids had no problem with it and parked their long term guest vehicles in a similar fashion. The parking lot security stopped to talk often as I would detail my vehicle and aways gave me the thumbs up in passing. I typically tip the valet $100 + valet fees to park my vehicle myself so I can retain the keys.
Parking procedures were under control and normal at Disney deluxe resorts staying on property. It's like this every year.

Currently my family is at a 5 star Golf resort that has a in house auto detailing service for guest. Their valet staff is really cool and had me self park up front under cover after we talked cars and detailing tips. A day glow yellow Lamborghini Aventador evo is 2 cars down. Great staff.

Just to clarify it was 2 spots as the other side had a island in it holding up a light pole and when parking in those spots extends the rear of the vehicles into the lanes of traffic.

[img] https://www.dropbox.com/s/c7spo9plgt...20AM.jpg?raw=1[/img]
You do you - I parked at the airport to return to this on the side of my X7 - no note or anything from the other car. You're not being a jerk if you're parking out far and taking up spots that would be otherwise unused.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 04:08 PM   #46
JoeyDDD0919
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jthompson View Post
You do you - I parked at the airport to return to this on the side of my X7 - no note or anything from the other car. You're not being a jerk if you're parking out far and taking up spots that would be otherwise unused.
My wife's Passat has a lot of these since she parked at her company's garage. The parking space are so tight.

The literately lines up like morse code....
I would have to deduct $1000 for this when resell this car.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 01:12 PM   #47
unfoundnemo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 i4 M50

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 M50  [0.00]
2022 BMW X7  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex_Stig View Post
I'd suggest finding a new dealer.

I've already been in contact with my dealership. They know what I need and when I need it by. Going with an individual color exterior.

Guessing I'll have one of the early allocations at MSRP.
+1, this is why I go out of my way to treat my SA, CA, their managers, and the GM well (Christmas gifts, bringing a few dozen donuts in with my car for service, etc.). Never had an issue getting what I want when I want it.
gpitts247.00
      04-25-2022, 02:00 PM   #48
JoeyDDD0919
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex_Stig View Post
I'd suggest finding a new dealer.

I've already been in contact with my dealership. They know what I need and when I need it by. Going with an individual color exterior.

Guessing I'll have one of the early allocations at MSRP.
Problem is Denver only has two BMW dealers... Even with the surrounding cities there are only 4 of them.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2022, 12:41 AM   #49
PinkNinja400Guy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 X7 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyDDD0919 View Post
dealership starts to take names down now. Once they have build sheet they will reach out to you to talk about custom builds. Then when allocation comes, they will assign to you and charge a premium.

My CA is stating that they will charge at least 10k over the MSRP for the first batch of allocations
Was this at Schomp or Denver Downtown?
Appreciate 0