BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum SC Perf Center Delivery/Upgrade to B&O?

08-01-2019, 02:34 PM   #1
plumcrazy
Rep
Drives: Audi S5

SC Perf Center Delivery/Upgrade to B&O?

Hey everyone, if you have the option - elect for the SC delivery experience - was awesome! Track time, off road course, plant tour, museum and personal delivery + free night in Marriott, dinner, breakfast, lunch! Amazing experience for 2! Here is our new X7 after the delivery.

Question re: Harmon vs B&O... I went Harmon since I checked the box on every single other option had to draw the line somewhere. It's really good, but wondering if it's possible to upgrade to the B&O after the fact - just speaker replacements or more to it? Delivery person said it's just stellar.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 03:02 PM   #2
Thrangster
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ‘22 m850 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumcrazy View Post
Hey everyone, if you have the option - elect for the SC delivery experience - was awesome! Track time, off road course, plant tour, museum and personal delivery + free night in Marriott, dinner, breakfast, lunch! Amazing experience for 2! Here is our new X7 after the delivery.

Question re: Harmon vs B&O... I went Harmon since I checked the box on every single other option had to draw the line somewhere. It's really good, but wondering if it's possible to upgrade to the B&O after the fact - just speaker replacements or more to it? Delivery person said it's just stellar.
Its Bowers and Wilkins not Bang and Olufsen.

My understanding is not at all - it sepeakers, amps (possibly crossovers) and trim if not more.

The Harmon system is really quite good - I had the B&W in my prior 7, and am more than please with the quality of the HK, especially since road noise invariably wipes out subtleties in sound reproduction. I barely get to 3/4 volume and that's too loud - low distortion and I think the low end is better than my 16' B&W Systems (not sure if they added a sub to the 19 B&W, but I don't think there was one in my 7 or a meager one if there was)
Appreciate 1
      08-01-2019, 03:40 PM   #3
jokinawa
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrangster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by plumcrazy View Post

Its Bowers and Wilkins not Bang and Olufsen.

My understanding is not at all - it sepeakers, amps (possibly crossovers) and trim if not more.

The Harmon system is really quite good - I had the B&W in my prior 7, and am more than please with the quality of the HK, especially since road noise invariably wipes out subtleties in sound reproduction. I barely get to 3/4 volume and that's too loud - low distortion and I think the low end is better than my 16' B&W Systems (not sure if they added a sub to the 19 B&W, but I don't think there was one in my 7 or a meager one if there was)
There are 2 subs. One under each front seat.

You can see them in this video that was made for the X5. It's the same system. It is what convinced me to add the option 2 days before it went into production.

08-02-2019, 09:41 AM   #4
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

As Thrangster pointed out, BMW does offer audio systems made by different manufacturers, including both Bowers & Wilkins (B&W) and Bang & Olufson (B&O). The B&O is not offered on the X7, so the only options for us are HK and B&W.

I'll be ordering the B&W!
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2019, 10:30 AM   #5
crackerjack15
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

Congrats! I've visited the plant and it is a nice experience. As for adding Bowers and Wilkins afterwards... it would be cost prohibitive, even if you could even get ahold of the parts. There are speakers in the headliner that are not included in the HK system for example.
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2019, 12:08 PM   #6
gmag
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
As Thrangster pointed out, BMW does offer audio systems made by different manufacturers, including both Bowers & Wilkins (B&W) and Bang & Olufson (B&O). The B&O is not offered on the X7, so the only options for us are HK and B&W.

I'll be ordering the B&W!
Fun fact:
Ironically, harman kordon, B&O, B&W, Mark Levinson are all owned by the harman kordon group which itself was recently acquired by Samsung
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2019, 01:11 PM   #7
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Oh, and I'm hoping that logistics and plans work out so I can do a PCD delivery as well. Looking forward to it!
Appreciate 1