BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Remove Captains Chairs and Install Bench - Is it possible?

03-13-2024, 06:06 PM   #1
AutoShopMama
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X7

Remove Captains Chairs and Install Bench - Is it possible?

I’ve looked around online and can’t seem to find any info. I have a 2019 X7 with 2nd row captains chairs. I really wanted a bench, but couldn’t find one with the extras we wanted. Is it possible to switch out the captains chairs and install a bench? Are the rails compatible? How about wiring?

TIA
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 06:16 PM   #2
chicagox7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Q7, 07 RDX, 23 X7 40i-soon

I don’t know the exact specs, though understand hte rails for the captains chairs extend further out than the rails for the bench. In addition, there is a lot of talk that the bench has an extra inch of space than the captains chairs. This leads me to believe that this would be ‘major surgery’ to get it done.

It would be worth searching the forum. I vaguely recall this coming up once or twice in the whole bench/captians chair debate. The conclusion tended to be ‘not worth it’.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 06:53 PM   #3
TahoeDust
Private
Rep
Drives: Nissan Pathfinder

If it is possible, it would probably be cheaper just to keep looking for what you wanted originally and trade what you have.
Appreciate 1