F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Bilstein Coil-overs or Bilstein shocks+springs
Extreme Powerhouse

12-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #23
inChargeOfIT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK335iMSport View Post
Awesome, car is looking great!

Yeah, I know Mike as I used to have a VW GTI and have spoken with him re: VW performance stuff, super nice guy! You part of any of the BMW groups in Austin, Roundel Gruppe etc.?
Not a member of anything in Austin (did not know there were any). I am a BMWCCA member but have yet to use it for anything. What's Roundel Gruppe?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2013, 03:41 PM   #24
inChargeOfIT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAwolverine View Post
Can you please post a close up of the wheel gap when you get a chance?

It really looks great. I know it has been fairly recent since you've installed these, but how is the ride so far?
Honestly, it's like a whole new car.

From a drivers point of view the car drives more like a sports car now. It does not dive, rock, roll under breaking or acceleration like it use to and I feel so much more confident in a corner. I am going to run it through some twisty's this weekend and will try my best to note my experiences.

From a passengers point of view.. well, the ride is going to be a bit more stiff than before. Without a frame of reference it's hard to describe, but it's somewhere between a 350z (rough and unrefined) and a Boxster S (well balanced between sport/comfort). The jolt from hard bumps, potholes and edges in roads are a little more pronounced and there is more bounce on non smooth roads. It's really not that bad but I could see it shaking things loose over time if you frequently drive on bad roads.

The car would be perfect if it had better (or more padded) seats.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2013, 03:42 PM   #25
inChargeOfIT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAwolverine View Post
Can you please post a close up of the wheel gap when you get a chance?

It really looks great. I know it has been fairly recent since you've installed these, but how is the ride so far?
Check this flickr page for more pics with some closeups: http://www.flickr.com/photos/90019399@N02/

I am going to do more pics with measurements this weekend and will write up a better review as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2013, 03:48 PM   #26
LAwolverine
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cannondale

Quote:
Originally Posted by inChargeOfIT View Post
Honestly, it's like a whole new car.

From a drivers point of view the car drives more like a sports car now. It does not dive, rock, roll under breaking or acceleration like it use to and I feel so much more confident in a corner. I am going to run it through some twisty's this weekend and will try my best to note my experiences.

From a passengers point of view.. well, the ride is going to be a bit more stiff than before. Without a frame of reference it's hard to describe, but it's somewhere between a 350z (rough and unrefined) and a Boxster S (well balanced between sport/comfort). The jolt from hard bumps, potholes and edges in roads are a little more pronounced and there is more bounce on non smooth roads. It's really not that bad but I could see it shaking things loose over time if you frequently drive on bad roads.

The car would be perfect if it had better (or more padded) seats.
I liked that you gave a passenger's point of view. This is often left without any mention so thank you for that. To your point about the F30's seats, I actually think they're one of the biggest flaws (to me) otherwise I love the car. I'm looking forward to your feedback after your drive this weekend
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2013, 07:55 PM   #27
CK335iMSport
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Yayyy!
Yes sir...

Quote:
Originally Posted by inChargeOfIT View Post
Not a member of anything in Austin (did not know there were any). I am a BMWCCA member but have yet to use it for anything. What's Roundel Gruppe?
Yeah, there are a few groups around. Roundel Gruppe is a pretty active group of BMW enthusiasts in Austin. I recently started following them on FB and they regularly meet up for some grub and just hanging out. They also meet up I think on the first Sunday of every month. Haven't been out with them yet, but am planning on it soon. It's nice to find people in your area that you can bounce car mods and just general car BS with. Link below to the FB page. Maybe we'll see you around.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/roun...group_activity
2014 335i M Sport - Mineral Grey/Coral Red, Nav., Premium, HK, MPE, 8AT. Mods: Macht Schnell Spacers (12mm-front, 15mm-rear) with 403M's, Bilstein B8 Struts/H&R Sport Spring combo, M-Performance black kidney grilles, IND Distribution color-matched reflector inserts and key hole cover.
Appreciate 0