exokiss
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7

Garage List
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
BMW Connected app

Hey guys, I accidentally deleted the app and upon reinstalling prompt for the 7-digits VIN it gives me an error. I cleaned my cookies and restarted the phone but still no successful login. Any idea?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 02:55 PM   #2
CruiseControl
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 40iM

Try removing the app from the phone again, power off your phone. Leave your phone off, go to the vehicle and remove/delete the phone within iDrive. Leave the vehicle (turned off of course) and let it sit for an hour or so. Walk away so that when you turn on your phone there's no way the vehicle can recognize the phone.

After an hour try installing the app on the phone and see if it works. Try adding the phone within iDrive.

Let us know if this works.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 03:00 PM   #3
exokiss
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseControl View Post
Try removing the app from the phone again, power off your phone. Leave your phone off, go to the vehicle and remove/delete the phone within iDrive. Leave the vehicle (turned off of course) and let it sit for an hour or so. Walk away so that when you turn on your phone there's no way the vehicle can recognize the phone.

After an hour try installing the app on the phone and see if it works. Try adding the phone within iDrive.

I forgot to mention yesterday while I was in the car I decided to try the remote updates and iDrive(Nav) turned off/on 6 times at least while I was driving. Don't know if that caused the app glitch but after that I wasn't able to login. The app is working now. Not sure what actually happened, but thanks a lot for your response. I appreciated it.
Appreciate 1
      04-23-2020, 04:36 PM   #4
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by exokiss View Post
Quote:

I forgot to mention yesterday while I was in the car I decided to try the remote updates and iDrive(Nav) turned off/on 6 times at least while I was driving. Don't know if that caused the app glitch but after that I wasn't able to login. The app is working now. Not sure what actually happened, but thanks a lot for your response. I appreciated it.
You might have to take it to a dealership.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 04:37 PM   #5
exokiss
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
Quote:
Quote:

You might have to take it to a dealership.
Really?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 10:45 PM   #6
unfoundnemo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 i4 M50

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 M50  [0.00]
2022 BMW X7  [0.00]
Quote:
Really?
If it's working now you should be fine. Likely just some sort of caching issue from your update and iDrive restarts that needed to clear for your ConnectedDrive account to sync the car and device properly.
      04-24-2020, 11:02 PM   #7
Frinckster
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 bmw x3, BMW X7 Individual

I have 2 cars that are connected to BMW app on my iphone. My 2019 X3 and I recently bought an X7 for my wife. I added the car to the connected app since my wife is not a techy person which she does not care about this small stuff. This morning when I was checking the app I noticed that the x3 has a globe icon with plus but the X7 does not have any. what is the difference of this 2?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2020, 04:12 PM   #8
exokiss
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frinckster View Post
I have 2 cars that are connected to BMW app on my iphone. My 2019 X3 and I recently bought an X7 for my wife. I added the car to the connected app since my wife is not a techy person which she does not care about this small stuff. This morning when I was checking the app I noticed that the x3 has a globe icon with plus but the X7 does not have any. what is the difference of this 2?
I guess this is the answer to your question is on the ConnectedDrive page. Just log in and go here
Appreciate 1