ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Cosmetics Modification (Exterior/Interior) Discussions
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-24-2010, 06:57 AM   #1
ssummers
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0

Fix for the bunched up driver's floor mat

We have had an issue with the driver's OEM floor mat "bunching up" for some time now. I know it is primarily caused by my wife and the way she gets into the car but the mat just doesn't stay in place. We were talking about the issue last night and a fix finally came to mind.

I went to Advance Auto parts and purchased a set of cheap vinyl floor mats with "nubbies" on the back, they were about $12 for the set of 4. I trimmed the vinyl mat to be slightly smaller than the OEM mat, put 3M spray adhesive on the back of the OEM, and the face of the new mat and put them together.

The vinyl helps stiffen up the area in the OEM mat that typically creases, and the nubbies help the mat grip the carpet and stay in place.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 09:44 AM   #2
HaiDef
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i

I thought the floor mats have velcro on them? Mine does and they never move.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 09:49 AM   #3
ssummers
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdoan86 View Post
I thought the floor mats have velcro on them? Mine does and they never move.
Ours has a velcro like product the doesn't catch well at all, every time I get in the car the mat is all bunched up under the brake pedal. I've seen others complain about it as well. As stated the issue is really my wife and the way she gets in the car. The same thing happened with the S2000 and it had little hooks for the mat to keep it in place.
Appreciate 0